Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hackneyfox

Streaming matches using DAZN

I've started using DAZN Canada since the introduction of the PPV games. I'm using NordVPN for it which I had already because I'm techy. 

To get the subscription I signed up for a new Gmail account with Canada as the location and signed up through the Google Play store. That allowed me to use my UK card with no problems, but will charge you in Canadian dollars obviously so beware of fees (I use monzo to get around the fees). 

To watch it on my TV I've been connecting it from my laptop by HDMI. I wasn't able to get casting to work because you can't use VPN on a chromecast and so the app doesn't let you. 

Since I've been through getting it to work, happy to help if anyone needs it to get setup. 

Edit:

The only issue with the method is that DAZN do work to block the VPN servers. The benefit of using a paid VPN is that they're much better at creating new servers once one is blocked. 

Edited by danny2997
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, danny2997 said:

I've started using DAZN Canada since the introduction of the PPV games. I'm using NordVPN for it which I had already because I'm techy. 

To get the subscription I signed up for a new Gmail account with Canada as the location and signed up through the Google Play store. That allowed me to use my UK card with no problems, but will charge you in Canadian dollars obviously so beware of fees (I use monzo to get around the fees). 

To watch it on my TV I've been connecting it from my laptop by HDMI. I wasn't able to get casting to work because you can't use VPN on a chromecast and so the app doesn't let you. 

Since I've been through getting it to work, happy to help if anyone needs it to get setup. 

Good man. Will have a look at this. 

14 minutes ago, Webbo said:

That's the thing stopping me, I couldn't set it up on my android box, just the desktop. I'm sure there are ways of connecting to the TV but I don't need the faff when I've got an IPTV that works.

If you have a HDMI cable then just connect your laptop into the tv and then drag it across the screen. Pretty easy to do tbh. but does require your laptop to me close to the tv. 

1 minute ago, martyn said:

I'd be all over this if i could get a DAZN app onto a Fire TV. 

Far too lazy to connect a laptop to my TV

You can get VPNs for Fire TV so you could probably get it to work through that. I've never had one though, so not sure. 

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It does but I can never get it to work, same as Optus sport.

I have a similar issue but I found a folder with a South African channel which is actually quite good with Alan Shearer and Ian Wright as the pundits. Its a folder called World Sports if you have a similar set up to me (chances of that are quite remote admittedly)

12 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I have a similar issue but I found a folder with a South African channel which is actually quite good with Alan Shearer and Ian Wright as the pundits. Its a folder called World Sports if you have a similar set up to me (chances of that are quite remote admittedly)

The African channels are what I usually use but they don't seem to have the Europa League. BT is a bit iffy for me as well. I've got a load of foreign language channels lined up as well as an Indian 1 (Sony 6) which I think might be in English.

54 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Is it a really good deal though? 

£87 is a lot of money IMO for streaming, especially since lockdown onwards there seems to have been a plethora of decent streams. Yes, sometimes they let you down once in a while but it's not £87 worth of inconvenience IMO...

Saying that, these sites are full of malware and popups and I would probably understand the £87 if a person wasn't very computer savvy and believe there's actually a fit blonde in your town wanting to IM you. 

Honestly it’s worth it for me. The amount of goals I’ve missed because a stream breaks is crazy. I can actually enjoy just popping it on a few minutes to kick off and pause it to go an make a cuppa. Worth the cash for me, but I can’t get to games so I save money there 

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

Bang up for this. Actually have family in Canada so could easily get them to sign up and pay and send them the money. 

Not sure on firesticks and vpns though. In absolute layman's terms what do I need to buy and how do I get this on my tele. 

Dunno. But if you do find out message me in the layman’s kid. 

15 hours ago, martyn said:

According to this link there is a DAZN app for the Fire Stick, and regardless even if there weren't one you could always sideload the Android app (which is quite easy to do now with the Downloader app).

Regarding the VPN, the Nord VPN app works really well on a Fire Stick and is really easy to use.

14 hours ago, Webbo said:

The African channels are what I usually use but they don't seem to have the Europa League. BT is a bit iffy for me as well. I've got a load of foreign language channels lined up as well as an Indian 1 (Sony 6) which I think might be in English.

I use an IPTV app that has all the Premier League (and EFL / SPFL) teams as channels and they always put the best English language HD stream on that channel, so it is simply a case of choosing the home / away team's channel to view the game. They also send out alternative channels that are showing the game on the morning of the game so there are usually at least 5 channels to choose from.

I use the Fire Stick version of the app which works almost flawlessly.

15 hours ago, martyn said:

Type in code 71607934 on filelinked if you've got it on the fire TV (if you haven't got filelinked there's plenty of YouTube videos showing how to install it). You can install the DAZN app through that aswell as a load of other useful apps. 

1 hour ago, talking_goldfish said:

I use an IPTV app that has all the Premier League (and EFL / SPFL) teams as channels and they always put the best English language HD stream on that channel, so it is simply a case of choosing the home / away team's channel to view the game. They also send out alternative channels that are showing the game on the morning of the game so there are usually at least 5 channels to choose from.

I use the Fire Stick version of the app which works almost flawlessly.

Mine just lists about 30 or 40 countries and you have to find the sports channel yourself. There's a website that tells you all the channels across the world so it's not hard. 

18 hours ago, danny2997 said:

Trying to do this but it wants a phone number and I can't use my UK one to verifiy it.