Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

It is quite funny that it’s a Labour surge and then all of a sudden they are acceptable to be posted. 
Piss taking, also known as trolling and spoiling my enjoyment of the thread? :teehee:

People in glass houses......

Same as most of the nonsense twitter posts left on here with some banal one liner with no attempt at stimulating discussion tbf.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It is quite funny that it’s a Labour surge and then all of a sudden they are acceptable to be posted. 
Piss taking, also known as trolling and spoiling my enjoyment of the thread? :teehee:

People in glass houses......

Piss taking isn't trolling, and you know full well its not. There are jokes and there is actively trying to annoy people.

Didn't say people were posting because of a Labour surge and that's OK, I said they posted it to joke, probably about the hypocrisy of it not being posted.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Piss taking isn't trolling, and you know full well its not. There are jokes and there is actively trying to annoy people.

I definitely think you’re going to have to explain the difference to me.

One is posting polls (supposedly for a reaction) and the other is what?

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Didn't say people were posting because of a Labour surge and that's OK, I said they posted it to joke, probably about the hypocrisy of it not being posted.

I know what you didn’t say, I’m just putting my interpretation down.

Personally I think you all owe @UpTheLeagueFox an apology. He hasn’t really done anything that plenty of others do. ;)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I definitely think you’re going to have to explain the difference to me.

One is posting polls (supposedly for a reaction) and the other is what?

I know what you didn’t say, I’m just putting my interpretation down.

Personally I think you all owe @UpTheLeagueFox an apology. He hasn’t really done anything that plenty of others do. ;)

If you don't know the difference than, like the joke, I'm not explaining it :thumbup:

No apologises from me I'm afraid. I asked a simple question two days ago, as did someone else tbf, and its not been answered. Now you could say I shouldn't let it bother me, but then you could also say it obviously is. Neither of you have answered that question when asked, in fact you actively dodged it. Knowing that's annoyed me, you've carried that on. Now that is trolling.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

If you don't know the difference than, like the joke, I'm not explaining it :thumbup:

No apologises from me I'm afraid. I asked a simple question two days ago, as did someone else tbf, and its not been answered. Now you could say I shouldn't let it bother me, but then you could also say it obviously is. Neither of you have answered that question when asked, in fact you actively dodged it. Knowing that's annoyed me, you've carried that on. Now that is trolling.

If that was trolling, like you say it is. Then by your own admission you are doing the same, by not explaining the differences of why geoff posting polls is interpreted one way, but others another way. 

I only came on here to point out the hypocrisy, so I’m glad we all agree.

I’ll leave it alone for now, we wouldn’t want another thread getting pulled for silliness.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

If that was trolling, like you say it is. Then by your own admission you are doing the same, by not explaining the differences of why geoff posting polls is interpreted one way, but others another way. 

I only came on here to point out the hypocrisy, so I’m glad we all agree.

I’ll leave it alone for now, we wouldn’t want another thread getting pulled for silliness.

I was doing that to point out the hypocrisy of you not explaining, Christ :facepalm:. Plus I already explained it a few posts ago. One is joking but not attempting to push people buttons and upset them, the other is knowing doing stuff you know will piss people off. 

So why is the Keith thing so funny? If you don't answer your will be trolling.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I was doing that to point out the hypocrisy of you not explaining, Christ :facepalm:. Plus I already explained it a few posts ago. One is joking but not attempting to push people buttons and upset them, the other is knowing doing stuff you know will piss people off. 

So why is the Keith thing so funny? If you don't answer your will be trolling.

Which one personally directed at a poster and which one is a general post containing just the polls and no tags?

See I’m having trouble establishing from your description which one you think is trolling and which one is pisstaking.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

I'm a fan of dickishness and trolling but when it's done in a bit of a passive aggressive way it's annoying. 

Anyway sorry the thread's been deleted. Wouldn't have said anything if I'd known. 

We all like things differently and that’s ok, it’s a diverse forum with lots of different people.

I just don’t know why certain people are targets for things that others get away with.

Anyway, we should just bury this and consider it water under the bridge. Life’s too short for bad feelings.

Just now, Strokes said:

We all like things differently and that’s ok, it’s a diverse forum with lots of different people.

I just don’t know why certain people are targets for things that others get away with.

Anyway, we should just bury this and consider it water under the bridge. Life’s too short for bad feelings.

I don't think anyone's a target honestly. There are lots of posters with different views who get on, so if one guy is winding people up then maybe there's a reason. 

Anyway I agree with you and I don't mute anyone and think deleting threads is stupid 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

@Facecloth  you seem upset that stuff I posted (which was nothing to do with you, wasn't aimed at you, nor were you tagged in it) and consider it trolling you.

It's not trolling. Nobody is trolling you. I or others can't help if you get triggered by such simple things and you shouldn't let yourself get so annoyed.

Good job I didn't kick up a fuss after you got personal on here over my employment. (I know what you're like as a poster, as do others, so I just let it go, wasn't going to stoop to that, life's too short.)

Maybe you feel making such a personal dig on another poster is fine but posting political polls in a political thread crosses your acceptable threshold.

Anyway, have a lovely evening, sir. Take care, all the best x

I apologise if you feel I personally attacked you, but whilst I might have been a bit OTT in it, I'm actually saying I think you're better or should be better than the low level, passive aggressive (as someone else put it) trolling. I mean you are a grown man in his 40s who works for a much maligned broadcaster are you not, so I don't think I said anything untrue, and actually only criticised talksport, which is common opinion on here.

I do get the bit between my teeth at times, especially of I think people are trolling. You say yourself I'm known for it, yet you've actively avoided answering a simple question, knowing it annoys me. So in my opinion that is trolling me.

Anyway, I never hold grudges after I've crossed words with someone so have a good day.

Edited by Facecloth

22 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

But is that way Geoff does it? He's never said, despite being asked numerous times. If it is, it quite a simple question to answer rather than dodge, is it not?

Sometimes the more persistent a person is in seeking something the more determined the other becomes not to give it 

Anyway, it seems to me that if you’re a Leicester supporter who refers to Keir as Keith the likely reason is 

a) you’re not a fan of him and/or labour and so use it as means of emphasising him being rather bland or

b) you think that he might look quite good in tights 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Sometimes the more persistent a person is in seeking something the more determined the other becomes not to give it 

Anyway, it seems to me that if you’re a Leicester supporter who refers to Keir as Keith the likely reason is 

a) you’re not a fan of him and/or labour and so use it as means of emphasising him being rather bland or

b) you think that her might look quite good in tights 

I will accept B as the reason then.

16 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I do wonder, too, if anyone else would've got away with such consistent trolling without Geoff's status as a minor media celebrity? :D

Wonder no more Alf, plenty on here get away with more than others can. I highly doubt I'd be able to get away with calling someone a twat. Hell, I've been banned for less in the past. 

The end of it is the guy posted polls and misspelled a name. Is it funny, no. Is it original, no. Is it worth getting wound up over, no. Is it worth deleting posts over, no. Is it worth deleting what was a constructive thread over, no. A single post a day (or so) shouldn't be able to provoke the reactions it did. 

Find the whole thing perfectly pathetic tbh. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Well, if the PoliticsGate post-mortem is still ongoing, I'll have my two million pennies' worth via an analogy....

Imagine that a Man City fan starts posting in the Premier League thread. Their contribution is:

- To post PL tables every other day, showing Man City top by miles (spamming and gloating, in other words)

- To insist on their right to call Guardiola "Pep"

- To persistently refer to Brendan Rodgers as "Brent", doing so deliberately because they know that it annoys one or more posters & spreads disharmony (trolling, in other words)

- To persistently refuse to answer polite requests to explain why they insist on using "Brent", as they know this will cause further annoyance to a minority

- To contribute little else in terms of considered opinion, humour or revelation

Yeah imagine that, I think I would just feel exactly the same as I do now. I’d find it quite amusing.

Edited by Strokes

30 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Wonder no more Alf, plenty on here get away with more than others can. I highly doubt I'd be able to get away with calling someone a twat. Hell, I've been banned for less in the past. 

The end of it is the guy posted polls and misspelled a name. Is it funny, no. Is it original, no. Is it worth getting wound up over, no. Is it worth deleting posts over, no. Is it worth deleting what was a constructive thread over, no. A single post a day (or so) shouldn't be able to provoke the reactions it did. 

Find the whole thing perfectly pathetic tbh. 

I'd agree with almost all of that - except the tedious repetition element, which you underplay in my view.

I'd have found the odd gloating poll and misspelled name amusing, but it lost its appeal by the dozenth occurrence.

Anyway, fvck me but there are a lot more important things in life.......roll on lockdown ending, pubs & cinemas opening, summer sun, holidays, maybe even some football glory. :thumbup:

13 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yeah imagine that, I think I would just feel exactly the same as I do now. I’d find it quite amusing.

OK, Stokes, you need to get back to the Potteries where you belong to chomp on a few oatcakes, mate. lollollol