Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

On 18/05/2021 at 23:20, SemperEadem said:

Post match thread is toxic. So many handle a loss terribly.

Agree.

I’ve just popped my head into the Spurs Total Cocks forum...jeez, you thought our lot were bad...

🙈🙈😁

Thinking about the classic 'away goals dont count' gags around play off times, what would a match actually look like if you had 2 legs and your away goals didnt actually count for anything? What sort of formation would be played to stop a team from scoring? Something like 7-2-1?

If you shop at Asda, have you noticed that when you put fresh produce on the self checkout scale  and touch "search", the very item you have placed there is the first thing on the list of items? For example, I bought parsnips and when I touched "search", they were the first product that came up.

Apparently, there's a camera in the scanner that recognises the items you scan to prevent people putting stuff on the scale and entering a cheaper thing. Carrots cost less than avocados for example.

Whilst there's a certain amount of crossover with the comments on stories on the Daily Mail website, for sheer stained-y-fronts-sat-staring-into-the-monitor-all-day-might-murder-my-MP vibes you can't beat the comments on the Leicester Mercury website.

From these I've learned the following:

Peter Soulsby is the devil and responsible for all ills.

Anything involving a financial transaction is a 'money making scheme'

There is no such thing as human kindness

And a load of thinly veiled racist stuff

Guest LonnieDon

And for the patriotic.....

We'd all be talking Spanish now, if Drake had not saved England
Hitler would have ruled the world, if not for little England
We love our country, we love our flag
We know who we are, we know the history we've had
And when good is needed to fight the bad, they'll always be an England.

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

People who listen to 'asmr' need taking to a darkened alley and panelling. Moronic. 

i know people who do ASMR, and i have watched it. i just dont get it AT ALL. its just ****ing whispering and bullshit

On 26/05/2021 at 23:02, Free Falling Foxes said:

Strewth. 22:50 and Newsnight give a 'strong language' warning before a report on Dominic Cummins appearance to a parliamentary committee.

I wasn't watching Cbeebies for crying out loud

Have we become a country of easily offended, mamby pamby bunch of soft soap?

Actually, the answer is yes. :unsure:

We have, used to be we were a beacon of international cooperation but now the merest mention of equality will summon a lengthy tirade

On 26/05/2021 at 19:52, LonnieDon said:

And for the patriotic.....

We'd all be talking Spanish now, if Drake had not saved England
Hitler would have ruled the world, if not for little England
We love our country, we love our flag
We know who we are, we know the history we've had
And when good is needed to fight the bad, they'll always be an England.

You are very over optimistic about the schools abilities to teach foriegn languages. No way as a nation would we have picked up spanish by now.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, doverfox said:

You are very over optimistic about the schools abilities to teach foriegn languages. No way as a nation would we have picked up spanish by now.

And perhaps factor in the inability or unwillingness of the average Englander to learn them in the first place.

On 29/05/2021 at 16:33, doverfox said:

21 hours ago, leicsmac said:

And perhaps factor in the inability or unwillingness of the average Englander to learn them in the first place.

There are more people in China learning English right now than actual English people living in England.

( there’s actually about 400m people in China learning English right now..).

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

Why is everything so damn expensive nowadays? Whether it's rent/mortgages, clothes, car parts/work, leisure equipment, memberships to gyms, etc. 

No wonder people struggle to live off their wages nowadays and people rack up huge debts. 

47 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Why is everything so damn expensive nowadays? Whether it's rent/mortgages, clothes, car parts/work, leisure equipment, memberships to gyms, etc. 

No wonder people struggle to live off their wages nowadays and people rack up huge debts. 

Because the governments have focused all their attention on making business profitable, ahead of making wages realistic

Because the Unions have been crushed by New Labour and the Tories so we the working class have no power.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

That's why I've always argued that putting up the minimum wage is pointless as the cost of living also goes up. All it does is drive I industries like call centres and factory work to other countries where its cheaper for them to run whilst the people here who ARE lucky enough to have a job are no better off....

Surely if both the min wage AND cost of living were lower, more companies would be based from here and more people would have work...

Was on the phone to my brother earlier and ended the conversation with “thanks fella” to which he became very offended at the term “fella”

can anybody enlighten me to why this would Offend someone?

he mumbled something about the military before hanging up