Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I've got quite a few Lyle and Scot polo shirts.

Lyle & Scott: Story of a successful brand

I don't know whether I dare wear them now, in case anyone thinks I'm a Lib Dem.

More likely to think you're a golfer. Not sure which is worse :ph34r:

You'll Love Lyle & Scott Golf Apparel - GolfDashBlog | Accelerate Your Golf  Performance

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Manini said:

Ordered a new window regulator for my car, it’s coming from Germany. I’ve paid the VAT on it but will I be charged anymore tax on it when it arrives in the UK? It was about £40 

Import duty?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

Import duty?

Just googled it and I don’t think I’ve got anything left to pay as it’s worth less than £130 odd pounds. Just a bit confusing at the mo so didn’t know if anybody else had ordered anything of similar value from the EU

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

Just googled it and I don’t think I’ve got anything left to pay as it’s worth less than £130 odd pounds. Just a bit confusing at the mo so didn’t know if anybody else had ordered anything of similar value from the EU

Yeah, it's all a mess, atm.

I use this Import Duty Calculator whenever I import stuff.

• Like 1

On 02/04/2021 at 21:15, Aus Fox said:

I think we are witnessing one of the biggest problems in society. 
People see something, take a picture (not in this case) add picture to social media - write about said picture with their own context and story and suddenly everyone loses their shit.

Anyone of us could have been that guy who is now being called a racist, he may well be, but like others have said, he might have just liked the polo, it may have been a present.

Was there anything else other than a black and yellow polo to suggest this bloke was racist? Did he say anything? Do anything? 
or did you decide to judge someone solely or what they were wearing?

Oh yeah, this happens all the time now and it's frustrating.

Everything is out of context. You never see the build up. At the minute the Police are high up on this. You'll see Police officers arresting someone, with the caption "this person is innocent", and everybody jumps on it, yet you never get to see why that person got arrested. 

Also something I've noticed is you can't seem to be neutral/centrist because people on the far left will insult you just as bad as people on the far right. The amount of personal insults I see from far left people and far right people is staggering. They're all as bad as each other. 

• Like 3

Smashed the screen on my phone. Bottom left hand corner took the brunt and there's some hairline fractures all up the screen, struggling to use the fingerprint sensor.

Insurance excess is £75, anyone know how much it would cost to replace a screen? Struggling to find any prices.

It's a Samsung Galaxy S20.

28 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Smashed the screen on my phone. Bottom left hand corner took the brunt and there's some hairline fractures all up the screen, struggling to use the fingerprint sensor.

Insurance excess is £75, anyone know how much it would cost to replace a screen? Struggling to find any prices.

I think it’d cost you more than the excess tbh and Samsung screens are notoriously hard to fit.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I did a quick google search and also struggled to get a definite price. A genuine Samsung repair costs about £275 incl. new battery, as I think you've probably already found out. I imagine you won't be able to get a repair done in a shop until after 12th April (F*** off Strokes :P)

Edited by Parafox
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

I did a quick google search and also struggled to get a definite price. A genuine Samsung repair costs about £275 incl. new battery, as I think you've probably already found out. I imagine you won't be able to get a repair done in a shop until after 12th March

A good job we live in the future then.

We had a chap come around to quote for a conservatory on the back of our house. I lamented that it wouldn't get too much sun however except in the summer, when it'll get a bit of sun first thing in the morning and a little more in the evenings.

Why only in the summer he asked?

Because of where the sun rises and sets, I replied.

He looked at me really puzzled and said its the same all year round.

He really thought I was bonkers so I said yes, it rises in the east and sets in the west but at different points.

No it doesn't he insisted.

This is a fella in his early 50s and the owner of a major installer of windows and conservatories, so I assume he had some intelligence.

I went on to indicate where it rises and sets in relation to our house both in the middle of winter compared to the middle if summer.  That's why the daylight varies in length throughout the year I offered.

He left thinking I was completely of my trolley!

17 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

We had a chap come around to quote for a conservatory on the back of our house. I lamented that it wouldn't get too much sun however except in the summer, when it'll get a bit of sun first thing in the morning and a little more in the evenings.

He really thought I was bonkers so I said yes, it rises in the east and sets in the west but at different points.

This is a fella in his early 50s and the owner of a major installer of windows and conservatories, so I assume he had some intelligence.

I went on to indicate where it rises and sets in relation to our house both in the middle of winter compared to the middle if summer.  That's why the daylight varies in length throughout the year I offered.

The worst part is, he's probably shared that story with a load of other cretins taking the pi55 out of you.

You're absolutely spot on, of course, but I reckon this chap is the norm, which is to say that most people would agree with him. 

20 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Just rented a house with a conservatory.  If I were you I would get a proper extension with Velux windows.