Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

Charles De Ketelaere or Yari Verschaeren to join the other Belgian contingent would be lovely. I suppose neither are realistic January targets though as we seem to only be looking at loans or players who's contracts are expiring.

In which case Otavio is the obvious choice in the latter department, but if he goes to Milan then you can be sure we will be linked with Calhanoglu who @Finnegan hates 😂. Congerton a big fan.

What about a maverick move for Marek Hamsik? 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Charles De Ketelaere or Yari Verschaeren to join the other Belgian contingent would be lovely. I suppose neither are realistic January targets though as we seem to only be looking at loans or players who's contracts are expiring.

In which case Otavio is the obvious choice in the latter department, but if he goes to Milan then you can be sure we will be linked with Calhanoglu who @Finnegan hates 😂. Congerton a big fan.

What about a maverick move for Marek Hamsik? 

He's just a poundshop Ozil. Same strengths and weaknesses just much shitter. The opposite of the personality we want here. 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's just a poundshop Ozil. Same strengths and weaknesses just much shitter. The opposite of the personality we want here. 

Yeah, I don't see the intensity from him to fit in our system, but I don't see that with Eriksen either. There's got to be a better player out there for us this month. Brais Mendez ticks all the boxes but he had a horrible year last year. Get him back to his best though and he would be unreal under Rodgers.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, I don't see the intensity from him to fit in our system, but I don't see that with Eriksen either. There's got to be a better player out there for us this month. Brais Mendez ticks all the boxes but he had a horrible year last year. Get him back to his best though and he would be unreal under Rodgers.

Mainly plays on the other side but can play out right too but what about Leon Bailey, he's found his form again this season and was unreal the other night when Leverkusen beat Dortmund.

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Mainly plays on the other side but can play out right too but what about Leon Bailey, he's found his form again this season and was unreal the other night when Leverkusen beat Dortmund.

Will cost a fortune, so much hype around him and now backing it up.

27 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I don't normally bash on other leagues, in fact I'm pretty keen to do the opposite, particularly in this section of foxestalk. So I hope when I say this it doesn't come off like I've just got some entrenched, elitist view of the Bundesliga - if Bailey played in the Prem he'd be just another Demarai Gray. 

His end product and football intelligence are shocking. For me, the biggest difference between Gray and Bailey is that at a young age, Bailey was playing against muck, starting regularly, built up his confidence and got a reputation. 

It's like we were saying about Edouard the other day and young guys benefiting from being at Celtic for a few years. 

Gray gets bought up by us early, then barely gets a kick, occasionally finds himself chucked in at a club where he's then out of his depth, does **** all, doesn't progress and stagnates.

But they're actually both massively limited. Bailey has these odd purple patches every eighteen months where he scores a few goals, gets a bit of hype, gets some love on FIFA cos he's fast, everyone starts buzzing about him on social media, linking him to big clubs etc. Then he just vanishes in to being his usual bollocks self again. 

He's a great example of a player that doesn't really live up to his hype. 

Given what we'd have to pay, I wouldn't really want him here. He'd frustrate the **** out of everyone. I mean there's people on here that have concluded already that Under is wasteful and/or frustrating, wait til they see Bailey. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I don't normally bash on other leagues, in fact I'm pretty keen to do the opposite, particularly in this section of foxestalk. So I hope when I say this it doesn't come off like I've just got some entrenched, elitist view of the Bundesliga - if Bailey played in the Prem he'd be just another Demarai Gray. 

His end product and football intelligence are shocking. For me, the biggest difference between Gray and Bailey is that at a young age, Bailey was playing against muck, starting regularly, built up his confidence and got a reputation. 

It's like we were saying about Edouard the other day and young guys benefiting from being at Celtic for a few years. 

Gray gets bought up by us early, then barely gets a kick, occasionally finds himself chucked in at a club where he's then out of his depth, does **** all, doesn't progress and stagnates.

But they're actually both massively limited. Bailey has these odd purple patches every eighteen months where he scores a few goals, gets a bit of hype, gets some love on FIFA cos he's fast, everyone starts buzzing about him on social media, linking him to big clubs etc. Then he just vanishes in to being his usual bollocks self again. 

He's a great example of a player that doesn't really live up to his hype. 

Given what we'd have to pay, I wouldn't really want him here. He'd frustrate the **** out of everyone. I mean there's people on here that have concluded already that Under is wasteful and/or frustrating, wait til they see Bailey. 

I get your point but I've seen a lot of Bailey this season and he looks to be starting to realise his potential. He looks a completely different player to last season. In terms of the comparison with Under I don't think that's close to being valid or accurate, Bailey has produced far more than Under in terms of end product. This season alone he's got 17 goal involvements, 9 of which are goals at the half-way point. You'd imagine those stats will be even more impressive by the end of the season if he maintains that sort of form. If he does the big clubs will be sniffing around him again.

Under has never got close to producing that in he last two years, in fact the most he's ever managed in an entire season is 16 goal involvements, 3 years ago. 

If he was available for decent money last season he wuld have been exactly the type of player I could have seen Rodgers moving his game onto another level.

Like Ric said he's probably not value given what it'd cost to get him this season due to him playing well but if he can maintain this form he'll be lightyears beyond what guys like Gray and Under have or will ever produce. Only time will tell I guess.

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Definitely after an attacking mid if we can get one in then

And it'll definitely be a loan. Don't often hear him come out and say stuff like that so you'd assume so as saying something like that would really push up transfer fees

Edited by AjcW

12 minutes ago, AjcW said:

And it'll definitely be a loan. Don't often hear him come out and say stuff like that so you'd assume so as saying something like that would really push up transfer fees

Either that or its very close and the price agreed already

Just now, AjcW said:

Yep fair point. Also opens up the free transfer market.... Diego Costa.... for example lol 

Asshole out (Obvs not to us)

Asshole in (Too everyone)

lol

Still think we’ll end up getting Lingard on a short loan to replace Praet. Especially now he’s been cut form the Man Utd squad. To be fair he has a lot to prove and does have talent. Maybe BR could get something out of him?

• Sad 4

Just now, escos said:

Still think we’ll end up getting Lingard on a short loan to replace Praet. Especially now he’s been cut form the Man Utd squad. To be fair he has a lot to prove and does have talent. Maybe BR could get something out of him?

Was just about to come on here and suggest Lingard. Would offer a similar type of player as Praet in his ability to go beyond the front man, and decent pressing ability.

With him being cut from the United squad I would imagine the finances could be decent on the deal too.

Only issue could be United not wanting him to go to a direct rival?

3 minutes ago, escos said:

have we gone back in time :blink: