Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

That makes sense Ric, though like most on here I don’t watch Portuguese footy and have no idea whether Otavia is good enough or not.

But surely ‘free’ only applies to a summer transfer? We need cover now!

Sorry, yes he'd cost us a couple of million now which I'd happily see us pay.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

I guess Ings sees himself as having only one more shot at playing CL football. I think Man City could probably do with him actually and he'd get approx 1,000,000 tap-ins per season there.

If we were to make a move we'd do so knowing most of the fee won't be recouped. We'd only do that if expecting that he would help us to reach the CL/win trophies, enhancing the club's coffers and brand. Which could happen. I think he's good enough to have that kind of impact.

But, the injury record will always be a sticking point, even now when he's largely been fit for quite some time.

Completely agree, just think the step up in quality of signings with players like ings we could get from finishing in a Champions League spot.  As long as we get the signings right because we all know what kind of signings we made after winning the league...:blink:lol

On 18/01/2021 at 21:02, Koke said:

Max Meyer has left Palace. He's available on a free. Used to be decent at Schalke but obviously HodgsonBall didn't suit him.

I definitely wouldn't take him, I've watched many times and not been impressed and I remember watching him Shalke a few times and he didn't look like anything special. Anyway I think that we are above signing players released from palace:giggle:

I like the look of that Mateta fella that Palace have just signed. Watched a couple of compilations on him when someone mentioned him on here, always seems to be in the right place at the right time. 

Think he will do well. 

• Like 1

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

I like the look of that Mateta fella that Palace have just signed. Watched a couple of compilations on him when someone mentioned him on here, always seems to be in the right place at the right time. 

Think he will do well. 

If they don't call him Hakuna there's no point in carrying on.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Think he will do well. 

I’m sure Hodgson and their set up will ruin him. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mash21 said:

Completely agree, just think the step up in quality of signings with players like ings we could get from finishing in a Champions League spot.  As long as we get the signings right because we all know what kind of signings we made after winning the league...:blink:lol

I'd say making champons league provides even more justification to stick to a transfer model that's already working magnificently. Why make the champions league and then deviate from that, seems unwise to me. The key with making the champions league wlll hopefully means it'll be easier to convince key players to stay longer than anticipated and not flee the nest when another CL club comes calling.

• Like 3