Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Team mate of Krépin Diatta, Noa Lang having a storming season (On loan from Ajax, 21 years old, left wing, but can be right or center)

Note Just noticed his contract expires June 2021 (According to TransferMrkt)

That will probably just mean the loan contract?

Same (huge) agency as Barnes and Vardy though

He's also the cousin of former Leicester LEGEND...... Jeffrey Bruma...

Edited by AjcW

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

That will probably just mean the loan contract?

Same (huge) agency as Barnes and Vardy though

Yeah, you are probably right. Suppose he could even have a clause to join Club Bruges post loan  :dunno:

Odegaard's asked to leave Real. Has the exact kind of profile we usually look for. However, it could mean we're overstocked in certain areas unless we sell or only ever play Perez wide or as a striker. I imagine there will be a lot of competition for him too.

• Like 3

Odegaard wanting away from Madrid would be a really good signing, A good option in either the Tielemans or Maddison role, can play out wide if needed too.

I've always rolled my eyes at anyone ever mentioning Danny Ings, but he is apparently wanting Champions League football. Could be a huge option if we qualify. I don't see any other possible Champions League side he gets more game time at than here.

19 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Odegaard wanting away from Madrid would be a really good signing, A good option in either the Tielemans or Maddison role, can play out wide if needed too.

I've always rolled my eyes at anyone ever mentioning Danny Ings, but he is apparently wanting Champions League football. Could be a huge option if we qualify. I don't see any other possible Champions League side he gets more game time at than here.

As great a player as Ings is given his age and current club I don't think this would be of value in terms of a transfer at all and would also fly in the face of the club's recrutment model.

Ironically, he'd probably get a fair amount of game time now back at Liverpool given they only really have Firmino and Origi doesn't seem to be trusted any longer. Not that it'll happen of course.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

6 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

As great a player as Ings is given his age and current club I don't think this would be of value in terms of a transfer at all and would also fly in the face of the club's recrutment model.

Ironically, he'd probably get a fair amount of game time now back at Liverpool given they only really have Firmino and Origi doesn't seem to be trusted any longer. Not that it'll happen of course.

Agree it goes against the recruitment model. However, I think lately we have seen the sharpest decline in Vardy yet (He's still playing well and is a god, so hope this isn't taken out of context), but he is having niggling injury issues and his pace is not what it was. I noticed on a few occasions yesterday when Albrighton would have usually played a ball over the top for Vardy in the past, he chose not to and to cut back and keep the ball. Could be tactical instruction, but I wonder if that electric threat in behind isn't Vardy's game anymore. (His link up and positional play has improved beyond compare under Rodgers). 

Ings coming in at 28/29, and having 2/3 seasons of sharing the games pretty equally with Vardy is a really really good option to have, in the one position we struggle with depth. 

Bring Ings in and we don't need to worry about any Vardy drop off or over-reliance, and with the squad we now have, that is probably the only worry we have at the moment.

Edited by LVocey

22 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Agree it goes against the recruitment model. However, I think lately we have seen the sharpest decline in Vardy yet (He's still playing well and is a god, so hope this isn't taken out of context), but he is having niggling injury issues and his pace is not what it was. I noticed on a few occasions yesterday when Albrighton would have usually played a ball over the top for Vardy in the past, he chose not to and to cut back and keep the ball. Could be tactical instruction, but I wonder if that electric threat in behind isn't Vardy's game anymore. (His link up and positional play has improved beyond compare under Rodgers). 

Ings coming in at 28/29, and having 2/3 seasons of sharing the games pretty equally with Vardy is a really really good option to have, in the one position we struggle with depth. 

Bring Ings in and we don't need to worry about any Vardy drop off or over-reliance, and with the squad we now have, that is probably the only worry we have at the moment.

There is no chance there'll even be a move to sign Ings, he would cost an absolute fortune and there is virtually zero re-sale on him.

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

There is no chance there'll even be a move to sign Ings, he would cost an absolute fortune and there is virtually zero re-sale on him.

I don't agree, contract that expires end of next year. If he doesn't sign a new one they will sell in the summer. Roughly 15-20m say? If in 1-2 years it hasn't worked out at Leicester I could imagine any lower Prem team would pay half that to bring in a proven goalscorer, even at 31-32.

I don't see it happening (This whole story is most likely Agent chat to boost his next contract at Saints)....but I personally think it would be a really smart move.

Edited by LVocey

I guess Ings sees himself as having only one more shot at playing CL football. I think Man City could probably do with him actually and he'd get approx 1,000,000 tap-ins per season there.

If we were to make a move we'd do so knowing most of the fee won't be recouped. We'd only do that if expecting that he would help us to reach the CL/win trophies, enhancing the club's coffers and brand. Which could happen. I think he's good enough to have that kind of impact.

But, the injury record will always be a sticking point, even now when he's largely been fit for quite some time.

Edited by ALC Fox

7 hours ago, LVocey said:

....isn't there a continuing issue with injury!!!

He would be a massive addition to the squad but I do have great reservation about his fitness.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....isn't there a continuing issue with injury!!!

He would be a massive addition to the squad but I do have great reservation about his fitness.

He is litterally injured like every 3 games he plays.

• Like 1

Given Praet’s injury I would be disappointed if we weren’t scouring the market for a loan/good value purchase to cover a number of midfield/wide options.

Buendía is the obvious one for me, wouldn’t be too expensive, would be happy to fight for his place/be rotated, and would earn a lot more here than at Narch. 

🤞🏻

15 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Given Praet’s injury I would be disappointed if we weren’t scouring the market for a loan/good value purchase to cover a number of midfield/wide options.

Buendía is the obvious one for me, wouldn’t be too expensive, would be happy to fight for his place/be rotated, and would earn a lot more here than at Narch. 

🤞🏻

They want £40m for a January transfer apparently. Not our MO IMO.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

🤞🏻

Otavia on a free is way better business than Buendia who Naaaarch think is worth £40m

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Otavia on a free is way better business than Buendia who Naaaarch think is worth £40m

That makes sense Ric, though like most on here I don’t watch Portuguese footy and have no idea whether Otavia is good enough or not.

But surely ‘free’ only applies to a summer transfer? We need cover now!

• Like 1