Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He’s a lovely little player. Broke through to the Porto team when we played in 2016 

Its a question mark over his physique about him succeeding in the PL 

Judging by the video, he seems to bounce off players, and wriggle through tricky situations. 

He's Brazilian though, and I think our club has an unwritten rule against signing Brazilians.

Edited by wardyfox86
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

You rate him then Ric? I'd never heard of him before today!

Assists machine. Is he good enough for a top PL team? I'd have said no 18 months ago but he is having a great couple of years now and is settled in Europe. I think he would make a great impact player here and for the fee involved (if we got him before the summer) would be minimal.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NasPb said:

I'm really not sure as to why people always seem to mention swaps and part exchanges.... How often do we see them actually happen? Years ago, maybe bit hardly ever in the modern day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dandy king said:

I know the reality is much more complicated, but can't help feeling that to be aggressive this window and get in more attacking signings ( Édouard etc ) would keep us right in the title race. We're as good as anyone in this league at the moment ( and one day we will prove this by beating Liverpool ) 

I realise finance and January is tough etc but the fan side of me would love to see it. Get it done city ! 

Totally agree. If we have learnt anything from last year, only signing a centre back that couldn't make the first XI  at his parent club, probably cost us top 4. 2 quality signings now ( a strong aggressive leader in the centre of midfield and probably Edouard) and we could really push for the title and would have more than a good chance of top 4, IMO.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm really not sure as to why people always seem to mention swaps and part exchanges.... How often do we see them actually happen? Years ago, maybe bit hardly ever in the modern day. 

They do still happen occasionally, we were involved in one with Tielemans/Silva. I could see it being more of a possibility here if both parties are as interested in the respective players as reported. I think we'd make it more financially acceptable for Porto. Gray gets the opportunity to play knockout Champions League football too.

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We definitely need to strengthen this window. If Barnes, Vardy or tielemans gets injured it could derail our season.

There's no chance we are in for three quality players in three (expensive) positions.

I can see us being in for a striker and maybe recall KDH. 

Would be surprised if we did more business than that.

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We definitely need to strengthen this window. If Barnes, Vardy or tielemans gets injured it could derail our season.

The squad stepped up before and performed like a star. No reason that can't happen again. Some just won't like the type of football we play to get the points we need. Sxit happens and finances are what they are.

The last thing I want to see this club do is to get bent over this window and spend good money on fear after starting to get rid of the bad investments. About Value and Quality and for that we need to be patient.

29 minutes ago, shen said:

There's no chance we are in for three quality players in three (expensive) positions.

I can see us being in for a striker and maybe recall KDH. 

Would be surprised if we did more business than that.

16 minutes ago, SO1 said:

The squad stepped up before and performed like a star. No reason that can't happen again. Some just won't like the type of football we play to get the points we need. Sxit happens and finances are what they are.

The last thing I want to see this club do is to get bent over this window and spend good money on fear after starting to get rid of the bad investments. About Value and Quality and for that we need to be patient.

I'm not saying we need 3 players. I think we actually need 1 quality individual who can help the attack and give the squad a January lift. Could be a winger or creative CM.

Maybe Ünder is that person but we are freeing up somes seriouswedge on the wage bill this year which might give us room to get someone of genuine quality in.

This year we're losing:

Gray

Fuchs

Morgan

Slimani

King and James are on loan.

And maybe some others I can't think of.

7 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'm not saying we need 3 players. I think we actually need 1 quality individual who can help the attack and give the squad a January lift. Could be a winger or creative CM.

Maybe Ünder is that person but we are freeing up somes seriouswedge on the wage bill this year which might give us room to get someone of genuine quality in.

This year we're losing:

Gray

Fuchs

Morgan

Slimani

Kings no longer out player his contract ran out 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

This year we're losing:

Gray

Fuchs

Morgan

Slimani

Agree. All kinds of speculation going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. Just not interested in paying over the odds in the winter window.

21 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Are we likely to be losing a top talent this summer to a gullible, more money than sense, rival club? It wouldn't be a surprise giving the formula of previous seasons since 2016. Who's it likely to be? 

I reckon it will be Ricardo. As long as he plays regularly for the rest of the season, he is the one we would miss least. 

• Like 1