Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

1 minute ago, casablancas said:

And that impacts on you how? Lol 

Come into this thread to read about Leicester city transfer targets and I’m reading some of these posts and they’re not relevant in the slightest. Who’s better on Fifa and football manager, repeating phrases used on football manager about work permits etc lol surely there’s a thread in gaming for which striker we haven’t been linked with is better on football manager that would be more suitable. 

10 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Come into this thread to read about Leicester city transfer targets and I’m reading some of these posts and they’re not relevant in the slightest. Who’s better on Fifa and football manager, repeating phrases used on football manager about work permits etc lol surely there’s a thread in gaming for which striker we haven’t been linked with is better on football manager that would be more suitable. 

I think this thread trends toward suggestions from the users more than anything. I mean it’s better than people starting mew threads every 4 minutes. FM all the way fyi lol and let’s face it ... we have no clue who our targets are. Pure speculation unless we have summat from Percy et.al

Edited by casablancas

There is a lot of talk o  the forum about the need for a striker and midfield back up in view of Priest's injury. Am I right in thinking we have 24 players of a 25 man squad already?

3 keepers

3 'first choice' full backs

3 f'irst choice centre backs'

Morgan

Amartey

Fuchs

3 first choice midfield

Praet

Mendy

Choudhury

Vardy

Barnes

Albrighton

Cenghis

Perez

Iheanacho 

That's 24.  Gray is a current 25th.

If we need midfield back up, it would not make sense to let Choudhury go.

If we got I  two players (I am not sure we will get any), is Morgan's time over as a player?

10 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Work Permits are just a football manager concept to you? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, majaco said:

There is a lot of talk o  the forum about the need for a striker and midfield back up in view of Priest's injury. Am I right in thinking we have 24 players of a 25 man squad already?

3 keepers

3 'first choice' full backs

3 f'irst choice centre backs'

Morgan

Amartey

Fuchs

3 first choice midfield

Praet

Mendy

Choudhury

Vardy

Barnes

Albrighton

Cenghis

Perez

Iheanacho 

That's 24.  Gray is a current 25th.

If we need midfield back up, it would not make sense to let Choudhury go.

If we got I  two players (I am not sure we will get any), is Morgan's time over as a player?

Gray wont be included if we made a signing or two, that's quite clear

12 hours ago, casablancas said:

Anyone take Armstrong from the Saints? 

Was class last night and has been in general for them for the past 12 months. Another one from the SPFL holding their own in the EPL.

Believe it or not Armstrong was way out the picture at Celtic until Rodgers arrived.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Was class last night and has been in general for them for the past 12 months. Another one from the SPFL holding their own in the EPL.

Believe it or not Armstrong was way out the picture at Celtic until Rodgers arrived.

He’s looked dangerous all season and put in a decent performance against us. He does look good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

When I was in Dundee a few years ago, I had a tour of Tannadice Park. The old fella who did the tour was talking to me about Gary Mackay-Steven and Stuart Armstrong. All the noise in the press was about how good GMS was. The old fella was absolutely adamant GMS would be a flash in the pan, whereas Armstrong would go on to play in the EPL. He was right clearly, GMS is in the Scottish Championship now isn't he?

Not that it'll happen, but I'd take Armstrong as a squad option here, especially in lieu of Praet's injury.

Edited by Incognito

9 minutes ago, Incognito said:

When I was in Dundee a few years ago, I had a tour of Tannadice Park. The old fella who did the tour was talking to me about Gary Mackay-Steven and Stuart Armstrong. All the noise in the press was about how good GMS was. The old fella was absolutely adamant GMS would be a flash in the pan, whereas Armstrong would go on to play in the EPL. He was right clearly, GMS is in the Scottish Championship now isn't he?

Not that it'll happen, but I'd take Armstrong as a squad option here, especially in lieu of Praet's injury.

Yeah he was spot on, we signed both of them at the same time. GMS has tons of ability but he is terribly inconsistent and mentally quite weak. If he could have turned it on every week he would have been in the EPL too. Yeah he's recently signed for Hearts after a stint at NYCFC. He's better than the Scottish Championship tbf, he'll still do a job in the top league, where Hearts will be again next season.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah he was spot on, we signed both of them at the same time. GMS has tons of ability but he is terribly inconsistent and mentally quite weak. If he could have turned it on every week he would have been in the EPL too. Yeah he's recently signed for Hearts after a stint at NYCFC. He's better than the Scottish Championship tbf, he'll still do a job in the top league, where Hearts will be again next season.

Sounds a bit like Knockeart

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Demonstrated by his ability to win matches one day, and fall drunk into the River Clyde the next lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Rumours up here Karamoko Dembele is signing for Lille.

....what a waste.....!!!

Rodgers has not gone back for Celtic players which is strange as he would have had first hand view of them in training and game time. Benkovic not getting a look in even though he was lauded by their supporters. 

Just what is it that has stop this happening. 

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....what a waste.....!!!

Rodgers has not gone back for Celtic players which is strange as he would have had first hand view of them in training and game time. Benkovic not getting a look in even though he was lauded by their supporters. 

Lille have a better record that is for buying, developing and then shipping players off. It’ll do that lad alright you’d think. 

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....what a waste.....!!!

As strange as it sounds, perhaps it's because he likes the players up there. 

Celtics best players play in positions that we are well stocked in. 

Eduoard, McGregor, Ajer... With a fully fit Leiceater, they will struggle to get game time ahead of the likes of Vardy Tielemans and Soyuncu so maybe his personal relationship with these lads has prevented him taking them here and potentially stalling their career. 

...Just a theory. Ofcourse the other is that he doesn't think they are good enough. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....what a waste.....!!!

He made a bid for McGregor not last summer but the summer before tbf, which was verified by the player.

Like I've said the only two that would be good enough imo are Edouard and McGregor so maybe not that much of a surprise. I guess Tierney obviously was but he had already gone to Arsenal by the time Leicester were looking for a left back.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

10 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He made a bid for McGregor not last summer but the summer before tbf, which was verified by the player.

Like I've said the only two that would be good enough imo are Edouard and McGregor so maybe not that much of a surprise. I guess Tierney obviously was but he had already gone to Arsenal by the time Leicester were looking for a left back.

I came into work today and the guy who was on before me was saying that a Celtic fan who apparently has some sort of source at the club seems to think there is a good chance McGregor is on his way to us before monday. 

Absolutely no clue how reliable he is. Don't see it myself. 

18 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I came into work today and the guy who was on before me was saying that a Celtic fan who apparently has some sort of source at the club seems to think there is a good chance McGregor is on his way to us before monday. 

Absolutely no clue how reliable he is. Don't see it myself. 

Interesting. I can't see it but you never know.