Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

3 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

No chance.

Ok let's pay someone who used to be good 150k Pw and disrupt 85% or more of the current playing squad.

It's a huge gamble to even consider him tbh

A loan signing isn't going to disrupt the squad especially for a player who was one of the best players in the PL and still only 29.

No one in the squad will moan if we pay 50% of his wages and gives us a better opportunity to win silverware or top four.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Gerard said:

A loan signing isn't going to disrupt the squad especially for a player who was one of the best players in the PL and still only 29.

No one in the squad will moan if we pay 50% of his wages and gives us a better opportunity to win silverware or top four.

Is he currently better than maddison?

No for that reason I wouldnt get someone on loan for 150k its a huge gamble.

Don't get me wrong he used to be a good player but getting a player in for 150k who has hardly played is a huge risk financially.

The current team we have is capable of getting top 4 if anything we need a striker 

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Brais Mendez - we wanted him 2 years ago when he burst on the scene at Celta. Scored on his debut for Spain and then a mixture of injury and poor form last season has led to him being somewhat forgotten. Celta are exactly the sort of team we could target during the pandemic.

Kang-In Lee - another left footed attacking midfielder like Mendes who could play as an 8, 10 or even a right winger which helps us with our issues of finding along term solution for that position. 

Otavio - the obvious choice given we've been linked with him and his contract is up in the summer. Assists machine and very much fits the style of play. My number one pick.

Rodrigo De Paul - would cost a lot from Udinese but a loan with an obligation to buy could be a legitimate option and he was linked with us last summer. 

Suat Serdar - was unreal last season for Schalke. They are the bins this season and we ought to pick them off by taking him on loan with an obligation to buy in the summer. Classy player whos strong (box to box) and who scores goals too.

Ozan Tufan - like Serdar he is more of a box to box player than my first few suggestions but he'd be brilliant here. Goals, assists and a bastard.

Puig - could we get Barca to let us have him? Talk last summer was they would sell him outright, but a loan probably more likely if available.

Mohammed Ihattaren - PSV wonderkid who I think is gettable due to the sheer number of other attack minded players they have. Would cost a fee that's a bit of a punt (£20-25m) but is the sort of player we'd go for.

Koopmeiners - started out as a defensive midfielder for AZ but he has become so influential in midfield he can play further forward. Loves a goal 

De Ketelaere and Verschaeren both very talented Belgian attacking midfielders, for that reason alone we should be in for them.

Jesper Lindstrom - the new transfer rules might make this one difficult but he is the heir to Christan Eriksen's throne as Denmark's playmaker. He is my uncut diamond.

I missed Michael Olise as well! Ticks all the boxes

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Folarin Balogun looks to be leaving Arsenal in the summer- worth getting him in now and paying a small fee? Young player but could do a job.

Apparently he has received offers from over 20 clubs, so it wouldn't surprise me if we were one of the clubs that were in for him. But I doubt our offer is the most lucrative so he'll probably go elsewhere. Leipizg seem to be the favourites and to be fair to them, they have a great track record of developing young players too.

I don't think he leaves this window though and regardless he's the sort you need to introduce into the team over time rather than straight away. Looks a real prospect though and would expect him to have a decent or maybe even great career.

• Like 2

Right, I've found our Tielemans back up. Jean Pyerre from Gremio. Would likely get a work permit given he's played the South American equivalent of the Champions League this season. He oozes class and vision like Youri. Get him in.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Right, I've found our Tielemans back up. Jean Pyerre from Gremio. Would likely get a work permit given he's played the South American equivalent of the Champions League this season. He oozes class and vision like Youri. Get him in.

....certainly good enough but who do we drop!!!

That sort of talent is not for the bench and even with rotation  he will not be happy as he controls the team and the understanding of the players around him.

Great ball control, picks a pass, terrific weight on the ball and looks effortless in what he does.

Wrong place at the wrong time, if we did not have Tielemans it would be a no brainer.

If he keeps getting better, he will be out of our price range and only if we should sell Tielemans, should we be contemplating bringing him in.

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

It's not selling or replacing him it's getting him back up. 

He's the only person we have that can really control a game at the moment. 

I'd argue he's our most important player, probably more than Vards. Everyone obsesses over getting Vardy cover but, for me, YT cover is more important to us. 

Don’t disagree, he is our orchestrator, has great vision and is close to irreplaceable. Looking for finished or close to finished, sounds like he might be off is all. lol

I’d genuinely love for us to make a play for Matthew Hoppe. I saw the People’s Champ mention him the other day which has me curious as to whether we are trying to get a diamond in the rough before he becomes too well known. 

He’s very young and very raw but he is the perfect age to learn behind Vardy and will get enough games to progress with us challenging on 4 fronts (hopefully again next season). He knows how to finish and he is strong at running in behind, plus at 6ft 3ins he has the frame to become an aerial presence also. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’d genuinely love for us to make a play for Matthew Hoppe. I saw the People’s Champ mention him the other day which has me curious as to whether we are trying to get a diamond in the rough before he becomes too well known. 

He’s very young and very raw but he is the perfect age to learn behind Vardy and will get enough games to progress with us challenging on 4 fronts (hopefully again next season). He knows how to finish and he is strong at running in behind, plus at 6ft 3ins he has the frame to become an aerial presence also. 

Schalke have a fair few players that are good, its baffling how atrocious they have been this season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Schalke have a fair few players that are good, its baffling how atrocious they have been this season.

Talent wise they have a brilliant squad, by most accounts where they are in the league is a result of a terrible attitude amongst some players, infighting in the squad and poor leadership. 

With Schalke looking dead certs for relegation, I wonder whether they would be prepared to do a deal for Hoppe. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Unrealistic target but love us to go after mohammed kudus at ajax. Looks a real talent 

Kudus is class, pretty much the perfect player for us right now. Can play as an attacking midfielder or up front, there's also a player on the exact same path as him (like Kamal Sowah too) all of them started at Right to Dream, but like Kudus Abu Francis has gone to Nordsjaelland and is doing very well there. Only 19 and would probably not get a work permit but the sort of player we should sign and send straight to Leuven.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Kudus is class, pretty much the perfect player for us right now. Can play as an attacking midfielder or up front, there's also a player on the exact same path as him (like Kamal Sowah too) all of them started at Right to Dream, but like Kudus Abu Francis has gone to Nordsjaelland and is doing very well there. Only 19 and would probably not get a work permit but the sort of player we should sign and send straight to Leuven.

Yeah they have a few good young players that would benefit from a year or 2 at Leuven as the next step. Sulemana is another who could be a star in a couple of years. Think he would benefit after learning the game in the jupiler as the next step before moving on up to a big 5 league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

6'5, never heard of him until I was looking at Ligue 1 stat leaders. Rodgers has previously mentioned he doesn't like target men but having an option like this would really bolster our squad 

https://fbref.com/en/players/462475ed/Ludovic-Ajorque

He genuinely has a decent Ligue 1 record, Sam allardyce will be all over him!

I didnt know where to post this, but Danny Simpson had been training at our facillities. (Which isnt too unusual) But what was unusual was the fact that he was training with Ravel Morrison, which he posted on his instagram. 

Now theres a chance these are separate incidents and that he was training with Morrison somewhere else. Surely we wouldnt be considering bringing RM in as a free agent?????

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I didnt know where to post this, but Danny Simpson had been training at our facillities. (Which isnt too unusual) But what was unusual was the fact that he was training with Ravel Morrison, which he posted on his instagram. 

Now theres a chance these are separate incidents and that he was training with Morrison somewhere else. Surely we wouldnt be considering bringing RM in as a free agent?????

It was St Georges Park..