Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

I like the look of that Mateta fella that Palace have just signed. Watched a couple of compilations on him when someone mentioned him on here, always seems to be in the right place at the right time. 

Think he will do well. 

• Like 1
Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

I like the look of that Mateta fella that Palace have just signed. Watched a couple of compilations on him when someone mentioned him on here, always seems to be in the right place at the right time. 

Think he will do well. 

If they don't call him Hakuna there's no point in carrying on.

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Think he will do well. 

I’m sure Hodgson and their set up will ruin him. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Mash21 said:

Completely agree, just think the step up in quality of signings with players like ings we could get from finishing in a Champions League spot.  As long as we get the signings right because we all know what kind of signings we made after winning the league...:blink:lol

I'd say making champons league provides even more justification to stick to a transfer model that's already working magnificently. Why make the champions league and then deviate from that, seems unwise to me. The key with making the champions league wlll hopefully means it'll be easier to convince key players to stay longer than anticipated and not flee the nest when another CL club comes calling.

• Like 4

Weve apprently enquired for a loan move for Martin Ødegaard however Real have rejected the move. 

Seems as though Real have rejected it though  

Edited by Ashley
  • Like 1

I'm glad we thought about it, it occurred to me as soon as I read he was available on loan. I expect the issue would have been assurances over playing time that we couldn't give, given he would have effectively slotted into Praet's place in the squad.

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I'm glad we thought about it, it occurred to me as soon as I read he was available on loan. I expect the issue would have been assurances over playing time that we couldn't give, given he would have effectively slotted into Praet's place in the squad.

Possibly wages too if we're the ones that decided not to pursue it... 

49 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Weve apprently enquired for a loan move for Martin Ødegaard however Real have rejected the move. 

Seems as though Real have rejected it though  

I think going back to Sociedad makes sense for all parties so that's probably why. That way he gets guaranteed 90 mins every week if fit and he's playing in the same league.

So seems to have come out today we’ve enquired about odegaard and eriksen, both quality players who are most comfortable as a CAM but ultimately both unlikely to happen. Both not getting game time and both playing for a big club/ have a big pedigree.

so I guess the question is, who else meets this sort of criteria. 

Edited by lcfc sheff