Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

I'm glad we thought about it, it occurred to me as soon as I read he was available on loan. I expect the issue would have been assurances over playing time that we couldn't give, given he would have effectively slotted into Praet's place in the squad.

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I'm glad we thought about it, it occurred to me as soon as I read he was available on loan. I expect the issue would have been assurances over playing time that we couldn't give, given he would have effectively slotted into Praet's place in the squad.

Possibly wages too if we're the ones that decided not to pursue it... 

49 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Weve apprently enquired for a loan move for Martin Ødegaard however Real have rejected the move. 

Seems as though Real have rejected it though  

I think going back to Sociedad makes sense for all parties so that's probably why. That way he gets guaranteed 90 mins every week if fit and he's playing in the same league.

So seems to have come out today we’ve enquired about odegaard and eriksen, both quality players who are most comfortable as a CAM but ultimately both unlikely to happen. Both not getting game time and both playing for a big club/ have a big pedigree.

so I guess the question is, who else meets this sort of criteria. 

Edited by lcfc sheff

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

So seems to have come out today we’ve enquired about odegaard and eriksen, both quality players who are most comfortable as a CAM but ultimately both unlikely to happen. Both not getting game time and both playing for a big club/ have a big pedigree.

so I guess the question is, who else meets this sort of criteria. 

Ozil, Alli, Papu Gomez, Eriksen, Paredes, Isco, Mata, Lingard, Sanson, Puig, Alena,

Naiggolan, Khedira, Ramsay, Draxler, Otavio, Brozovic, Tolisso, Delaney, 

• Like 1

I’d be tempted to go hunting in Ligue 1, with all the financial trouble clubs are having in France.

Probably why Marseille are willing to let Thauvin leave in this window.

In terms of central midfield, I’d enquire about one of the Lyon youngsters, Paqueta, Guimarães and Caqueret, don’t usually all start as they also have Houssem Aouar and Thiago Mendes.

We gave them Slimani, they can give us one of their youngsters until the end of the season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

I’d be tempted to go hunting in Ligue 1, with all the financial trouble clubs are having in France.

In terms of central midfield, I’d enquire about one of the Lyon youngsters, Paqueta, Guimarães and Caqueret, don’t usually all start as they also have Houssem Aouar and Thiago Mendes.

We gave them Slimani, they can give us one of their youngsters until the end of the season.

They all seem to be signing players so I don't think it's quite as bad as we assume. Same in Italy.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Theres a lad at Bordeaux who's an ACM who we've been linked a few times before.

3 hours ago, Sly said:

Ozil, Alli, Papu Gomez, Eriksen, Paredes, Isco, Mata, Lingard, Sanson, Puig, Alena, Naiggolan, Khedira, Ramsay, Draxler, Otavio, Brozovic, Tolisso, Delaney, 

Yep, long name but he sounds good, sign him up.

• Haha 4

Wonder if as Praet is out for 3 months, Hamza going at some point, we may see permanent rather than loan?

Guess this is where Otavio fits the bill, but how about this fella if not?

13 hours ago, Sly said:

Ozil, Alli, Papu Gomez, Eriksen, Paredes, Isco, Mata, Lingard, Sanson, Puig, Alena,

Naiggolan, Khedira, Ramsay, Draxler, Otavio, Brozovic, Tolisso, Delaney, 

I've left some in there out of generosity too :nono: