Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Come on people - attacking midfielder on loan 

suggestions .....

not a no. 10. We have Perez to cover madders there 

more of a midfielder who gets forwards 

In all honesty there’s no better fit than Buendia! Arsenal might not be going for him now they’ve gone for Odegaard

Edin Dzeko is apparently on the naughty step at Roma.

We could certainly do worse for the next 18 months. Would give us quality backup/support for Vardy.

Edited by ttfn

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

My feeling is Rodgers wants Edouard as is willing to wait until the summer if need be.

The only other move will be a loan CM.

Yeah I thought celtic would be willing to cash in this month but sounding less and less likely. Feels like with things being so difficult up there for them selling their best striker mid season wouldn't be the best look.

When Rodgers said attacking midfielder I feel like a cf would be equally of value as perez could drop in as a 10.

Apparently Otavio has covid so that sounds unlikely.

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Or a player who's contract is soon up. I'm scouring my lists for the right man.

I’d love to see a list, it doesn’t have to go into detail but would be very interesting who’d fit the Tielemans-esque loan or the 6 month lefts criteria. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Dennis will be fit in April.  I’m not sure we want to commit to another player in his position long term. 

I think he still wants one more and if that player can also play out wide or is more of a box to box midfielder that is a danger going forward then Choudhury will be off. I think the signing will be short term if we don't get one of our main targets like we had to do with Bennett.

• Like 1

Would absolutely love Amine Harit here, schalke are in shambles but when he's  on his day, he's excellent. Can play as a cam and LW. Been unfairly blamed at schalke and was even frozen out there. Bit of moroccan bias from my behalf but genuinely would be good, wouldn't cost too much either 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Brais Mendez - we wanted him 2 years ago when he burst on the scene at Celta. Scored on his debut for Spain and then a mixture of injury and poor form last season has led to him being somewhat forgotten. Celta are exactly the sort of team we could target during the pandemic.

Kang-In Lee - another left footed attacking midfielder like Mendes who could play as an 8, 10 or even a right winger which helps us with our issues of finding along term solution for that position. 

Otavio - the obvious choice given we've been linked with him and his contract is up in the summer. Assists machine and very much fits the style of play. My number one pick.

Rodrigo De Paul - would cost a lot from Udinese but a loan with an obligation to buy could be a legitimate option and he was linked with us last summer. 

Suat Serdar - was unreal last season for Schalke. They are the bins this season and we ought to pick them off by taking him on loan with an obligation to buy in the summer. Classy player whos strong (box to box) and who scores goals too.

Ozan Tufan - like Serdar he is more of a box to box player than my first few suggestions but he'd be brilliant here. Goals, assists and a bastard.

Puig - could we get Barca to let us have him? Talk last summer was they would sell him outright, but a loan probably more likely if available.

Mohammed Ihattaren - PSV wonderkid who I think is gettable due to the sheer number of other attack minded players they have. Would cost a fee that's a bit of a punt (£20-25m) but is the sort of player we'd go for.

Koopmeiners - started out as a defensive midfielder for AZ but he has become so influential in midfield he can play further forward. Loves a goal 

De Ketelaere and Verschaeren both very talented Belgian attacking midfielders, for that reason alone we should be in for them.

Jesper Lindstrom - the new transfer rules might make this one difficult but he is the heir to Christan Eriksen's throne as Denmark's playmaker. He is my uncut diamond.

I’d love Koopmeiners here. Looks the dogs

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Brais Mendez - we wanted him 2 years ago when he burst on the scene at Celta. Scored on his debut for Spain and then a mixture of injury and poor form last season has led to him being somewhat forgotten. Celta are exactly the sort of team we could target during the pandemic.

Kang-In Lee - another left footed attacking midfielder like Mendes who could play as an 8, 10 or even a right winger which helps us with our issues of finding along term solution for that position. 

Otavio - the obvious choice given we've been linked with him and his contract is up in the summer. Assists machine and very much fits the style of play. My number one pick.

Rodrigo De Paul - would cost a lot from Udinese but a loan with an obligation to buy could be a legitimate option and he was linked with us last summer. 

Suat Serdar - was unreal last season for Schalke. They are the bins this season and we ought to pick them off by taking him on loan with an obligation to buy in the summer. Classy player whos strong (box to box) and who scores goals too.

Ozan Tufan - like Serdar he is more of a box to box player than my first few suggestions but he'd be brilliant here. Goals, assists and a bastard.

Puig - could we get Barca to let us have him? Talk last summer was they would sell him outright, but a loan probably more likely if available.

Mohammed Ihattaren - PSV wonderkid who I think is gettable due to the sheer number of other attack minded players they have. Would cost a fee that's a bit of a punt (£20-25m) but is the sort of player we'd go for.

Koopmeiners - started out as a defensive midfielder for AZ but he has become so influential in midfield he can play further forward. Loves a goal 

De Ketelaere and Verschaeren both very talented Belgian attacking midfielders, for that reason alone we should be in for them.

Jesper Lindstrom - the new transfer rules might make this one difficult but he is the heir to Christan Eriksen's throne as Denmark's playmaker. He is my uncut diamond.

What are your thoughts on harit as an option? 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Almost certainly off to Juve and has just been poached by Mino Raiola. 

5 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Does anyone think we would pay 150k (50%) if his club paid the other half for Eriksen?

No chance.

Ok let's pay someone who used to be good 150k Pw and disrupt 85% or more of the current playing squad.

It's a huge gamble to even consider him tbh

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Does anyone think we would pay 150k (50%) if his club paid the other half for Eriksen?

For a 4 month loan, I think the Club may consider this, if BR wants Eriksen here. £2.4m is not a huge sum to gamble on.

• Like 2