Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

What's the most wild animal you've seen?

23 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

White tipped reed sharks, Conger eel, lion fish and ridiculously large fruit bats

Fruit bats are cool. I was in Cambodia and the taxi driver took us to a random tree in the middle of nowhere that was full of them.

Also went to a cave in Batambang Cambodia where for about an hour solid every night there was a constant cloud of bats that would migrate from the cave to fields to catch flies. Absolutely mental, Covid may or may not have occurred shortly after.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kingfox said:

Seen them as well twice, unfortunately one was actually found dead a few weeks ago.

First time I saw one was in my garden in Glenfield. I thought it was a mutation of a fox at first. Basically it's  massive for a fox and a.midget for a deer

Seen a couple dead alongside the A50 since 😪 and one on a council estate in Coalville 😂

Edited by Paninistickers

On 20/11/2020 at 22:04, Paninistickers said:

...live, in the wild, I mean.

Alligator and Stingray - Florida

Moose (or reindeer.- not quite sure of difference) - Norway

Seal - Norfolk

Fox and muntjack deer - Leicester

Dolphin - Wales

....not much really. Which is kinda sad.

I saw Seal at De Mont.not the best gig 

7 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Oh wow, were the bears wild? Would love that, looked at trips to Svalbard to see them.

Yes they were in the wild in the artic tundra in churchill 

The young fella below came right up to the safari truck right in front of us and investigated for a while

We looked into Svalbard, and it was more expensive and would have taken more connections to get there. Based on churchill, Svalbard would have been amazing 

IMG_2114.JPG

Screenshot_20201125-184402.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, polarbear said:

Yes they were in the wild in the artic tundra in churchill 

The young fella below came right up to the safari truck right in front of us and investigated for a while

We looked into Svalbard, and it was more expensive and would have taken more connections to get there. Based on churchill, Svalbard would have been amazing 

IMG_2114.JPG

Screenshot_20201125-184402.jpg

Honestly so jealous mate.

• 5 months later...

Just saw a huge cat on my dog walk. When I say huge, from what I recall it was the size of a Labrador and once it spotted me and started to walk into the water towards me I legged it. I’m going back to the site this evening to work out from the pictures just how big it was.

Pictures are too big for me to upload, will try and compress.

2 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Just saw a huge cat on my dog walk. When I say huge, from what I recall it was the size of a Labrador and once it spotted me and started to walk into the water towards me I legged it. I’m going back to the site this evening to work out from the pictures just how big it was.

Pictures are too big for me to upload, will try and compress.

Sure it wasn’t a Labrador? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Ok after seeing the pictures it isn’t a Labrador. Looks like a cheetah but what is that doing not in a zoo?!

I’ve never ran so fast in my life, which would be pointless if it had been a cheetah or puma lol

5 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Where did you walk so I can not walk there 

Was just on the southern outskirts of Stratford-upon-Avon. Was a decent walk aswell, nice and quiet. A shame that I’ll never be able to walk it again.

36 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

I’ve never ran so fast in my life, which would be pointless if it had been a cheetah or puma lol

Can you go back there and have someone take its picture with you stood right next to it, or even better, holding it? We need some idea of the scale.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Can you go back there and have someone take it's picture with you stood right next to it, or even better, holding it? We need some idea of the scale.

I’m going back this evening to try and work out just how big it was. Those wooden boards to the right should be a good gauge. F**k going over there with my tape measure though 😂

24 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Was just on the southern outskirts of Stratford-upon-Avon. Was a decent walk aswell, nice and quiet. A shame that I’ll never be able to walk it again.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/big-cat-speculation-after-sheep-20156874

https://stratfordobserver.co.uk/news/exclusive-great-alne-big-cat-mystery-solved-by-the-observer/

Edited by Buce

40 minutes ago, Buce said:

Starting to think it could’ve been a Bengal. I’ve worked out I can get to the exact spot where it was so should have a good idea of size within the hour.