Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

What's the most wild animal you've seen?

4 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

I'm obviously pretty lucky, elephants, rhino, hippos, giraffes, leopard, lions, wild dogs, hyena, zebra, warthogs, crocs, eagles, penguins, whales, dolphins, sharks, turtles, and various types of antelopes, lizards and snakes.

And that's just on my way to work.

But seriously, Zambia and Botswana have some of the best Safaris I've been on. I saw someone saying they'd maybe go to Kenya, it's ok. I prefer Tanzania over Kenya, but I'd say Botswana and Zambia are even better. However, all are amazing! I've just been completely spoilt, the 18 years I've been working internationally, and the 10 years of that living in Africa.

Edit: I've also seen Cheetah but they were in a reserve, not very wild.

Cheater!

Sorry, had to be done. :P

• Haha 1

On 20/11/2020 at 22:49, StanSP said:

Crocodiles and one of the largest alligators in the world in South Africa.

ZYYqdCG.jpg

10lXRnp.jpgWmlQLQ5.jpg

XcycUqG.jpg

LYDITrh.jpg

Rw9Jnzc.jpg

The big croc, Hannibal...

jspa899.jpg

Great pics. My favourite animal. 

I saw some in Florida from a distance. Even though they are a favourite of mine I'm not sure I'd want to see one up close lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Great pics. My favourite animal. 

I saw some in Florida from a distance. Even though they are a favourite of mine I'm not sure I'd want to see one up close lol 

That place had about 5 or 6 crocodiles in enclosures (including Hannibal). 

He allowed us to go behind the enclosure (2 of the pictures where the guy is with the stick and the one below that) and there were about 200 crocodiles just roaming around. It was the most surreal occasion and experience. Crocodiles everywhere you go and we had no protection at all. He would tease them with the stick to make them do the snapping sound of their jaw. Was incredible.

• Like 1

On 20/11/2020 at 22:58, kingfox said:

Black Panther, Great Central Way, a few years ago.

There’s been numerous panther sightings across Leicestershire, they are 100% definitely out there.

Interesting...

Now you may think i'm nuts but during lockdown 1.0 me and my other half were out walking, not 5 mins from our house (we live in a village called Oxton in Notts) and she suddenly piped up 'what the hell is that over there?'. We both peer over a fence that backs onto the local pub and across the field walking along in a line of trees was what looked like a massive black cat. Far too big to be a domestic cat, you could see its tail distinctively and it was moving low to the ground in that stalking posture that cats have. 

We got the phones out and she managed to get some half decent footage of it. It then disappeared behind a load of bushes.

Afterwards i walked across to where it was to get a sense of perspective and it's size against the trees etc.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind what we saw. One of the weirdest things i've ever seen.

13 minutes ago, Mapperleyfox said:

Interesting...

Now you may think i'm nuts but during lockdown 1.0 me and my other half were out walking, not 5 mins from our house (we live in a village called Oxton in Notts) and she suddenly piped up 'what the hell is that over there?'. We both peer over a fence that backs onto the local pub and across the field walking along in a line of trees was what looked like a massive black cat. Far too big to be a domestic cat, you could see its tail distinctively and it was moving low to the ground in that stalking posture that cats have. 

We got the phones out and she managed to get some half decent footage of it. It then disappeared behind a load of bushes.

Afterwards i walked across to where it was to get a sense of perspective and it's size against the trees etc.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind what we saw. One of the weirdest things i've ever seen.

Come on then.....upload the footage

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mapperleyfox said:

Interesting...

Highly likely.

The spot you suggested is perfect for it, exactly like Aylestone Meadows in Leicester.

This was the spot I was in, anybody who knows it, knows it runs for miles all the way to Fosse Park and beyond.

C3-E9-C1-CC-7708-4-A55-96-C0-92918713079

I got to about three streetlights down, then about 50 yards in front it crossed the path into the start of the allotments.

It was the tail that was distinctive, as soon as the light from one of the streetlights shone right on it, you could see the curl of it clear as day, I knew from that it wasn’t a Dog, it was 100% a Black Panther,  that’s when I decided to turn back.

As I said in another post, my Dog stops dead a few yards down that above path on his night walk ever since it happened, he won’t go any further unless other people are around. 

6 hours ago, kingfox said:

Highly likely.

The spot you suggested is perfect for it, exactly like Aylestone Meadows in Leicester.

This was the spot I was in, anybody who knows it, knows it runs for miles all the way to Fosse Park and beyond.

C3-E9-C1-CC-7708-4-A55-96-C0-92918713079

I got to about three streetlights down, then about 50 yards in front it crossed the path into the start of the allotments.

It was the tail that was distinctive, as soon as the light from one of the streetlights shone right on it, you could see the curl of it clear as day, I knew from that it wasn’t a Dog, it was 100% a Black Panther,  that’s when I decided to turn back.

As I said in another post, my Dog stops dead a few yards down that above path on his night walk ever since it happened, he won’t go any further unless other people are around. 

Not just me then...

Mine was in broad daylight, about 75 yards away but 100% a big cat. The fact both of us saw it and watched it walk across for 20-30 seconds removes any doubt.

It was one of those 'are you seeing what I'm seeing?' moments...we both couldn't believe it.

13 hours ago, Mapperleyfox said:

Not just me then...

Mine was in broad daylight, about 75 yards away but 100% a big cat. The fact both of us saw it and watched it walk across for 20-30 seconds removes any doubt.

It was one of those 'are you seeing what I'm seeing?' moments...we both couldn't believe it.

I’ve done mushrooms before as well, strong stuff.

• Haha 1

Sperm whales and seals in New Zealand.

Some form of monkey in Vietnam lol, found a restaurant that only served snake, but they wern't very wild...

100's of fish on the Great Barrier Reef.

Turtles in Bali.

And numerous hares, buzzards, red kits etc around where I grew up in East Leicestershire.

I can't find a clip but for me the wildest thing I've seen is Gerald the Gorilla on Not The Nine O'clock News:

Interviewer: "And was Gerald wild when you captured him?"

Gerald the Gorilla: "Wild? I was absolutely livid!"

You need to remember the clip to get the joke or watch it if you can find it.

9 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I can't find a clip but for me the wildest thing I've seen is Gerald the Gorilla on Not The Nine O'clock News:

Interviewer: "And was Gerald wild when you captured him?"

Gerald the Gorilla: "Wild? I was absolutely livid!"

You need to remember the clip to get the joke or watch it if you can find it.

You haven't looked very hard - @Alf Bentley posted it on this very page! lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I swam with a whale shark or a basking shark  whilst snorkelling in Thailand (it was fricking massive, but not sure which it was!) 

In Algonquin National Park in Canada, saw chipmunks (I actually got attacked by one, turns out they are incredibly territorial!) beavers and a moose.  A Moose is HUGE! 

In New York (and also Montreal) saw loads of White Squirrels and Black Squirrels, they are really common over there! 

Up near Bardon Quarry, I saw a buzzard as well in the middle of the road. They are bloody big as well! Massive wingspan! 

Living in the countryside, I always see Hares, Foxes, Rabbits etc. 

I also one stepped on an Adder in France. Thought it was a stick, I was about 6 years old! lol.