Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

What's the most wild animal you've seen?

29 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

The penguins on Boulders beach are insane, forgot about that.

They built a huge walkway for tourists over the beach which is brilliant as it lets the penguins just chill out without interference. There’s plenty of beaches further down the south coast that are less touristy. ****ing love penguins. 

We saw a huge monitor lizard in the Daintree in Oz.  Sauntering around like it knew damn well it was the top of the food chain.

A juvenile bald eagle used to visit our postage stamp sized suburban backyard.  We had a big osprey there for a few minutes this morning.

It’s exciting to see something different from the norm, when you’re only use to the odd urban fox or badger! I mean, a hedgehog, snake or a newt in the UK is Facebook post worthy these days! They are that rare. 

When we moved house 4 years ago, we found a snake sunning itself in the road. We moved it to the bottom of the construction site. So you can find them in the UK.

I was working in Vancouver years ago and came across a bear sat at the side of the road. It was huge!!!! 

You don’t really appreciate gators and things when you see them in places like Florida, as it’s expected to a degree. 

I’m always fascinated by Sharks as well. 

Tiger, probably out its face on drugs though but was still cool it was bigger than me

edit: just seen the topic wild lol this was not wild... I did go on the back of an Elephant up a mountain pissing down with rain once that was terrifying again not wild thankfully.

Edited by whoareyaaa

15 hours ago, rachhere said:

In a national park in America we went to go and try and find raccoons at night, but instead stumbled into a bear. In hindsight probably not the smartest thing we have done! 

we’ve been fortunate enough to see some amazing stuff - whales in Costa Rica, giant squirrels in Sri Lanka and sloths in Brazil. This is quite an unusual one in some senses but I think my favourite sighting of all times has to have been a real life woody woodpecker

We can hear a woodpecker near us but I can never see it while everyone else can haha

What do people think about the whole big cats in the UK then? I know loads of people have claimed to see them, including folks on here.

There is definitely instances where big cats have escaped zoos or have been released by incapable owners. Do people think we have wild big cats? 

never seen one myself but I must admit, it fills me with a little excitement/nerves. 

Edited by Benguin

2 hours ago, Benguin said:

What do people think about the whole big cats in the UK then? I know loads of people have claimed to see them, including folks on here.

There is definitely instances where big cats have escaped zoos or have been released by incapable owners. Do people think we have wild big cats? 

never seen one myself but I must admit, it fills me with a little excitement/nerves. 

It isn't impossible, like Big Foot, which does add a certain spice to proceedings. 

It's entirely possible there could be a form of big cat out there. I do doubt the idea there are panthers/jaguars though. Those things are so aggressive I think we'd have had a good few maulings of the public. 

Edited by foxile5

4 hours ago, Benguin said:

They 100% exist.

It’s a topic people instantly laugh at and brush off.

But I’ve seen one with my very own eyes down Aylestone Meadows. Numerous other people I know have seen it, met this guy  on a Dog Walk last year, got talking about the Meadows and he claimed to have seen it also, without me even mentioning it.

Aylestone Meadows and such like is the perfect habitat for Big Cats to roam.

I'm obviously pretty lucky, elephants, rhino, hippos, giraffes, leopard, lions, wild dogs, hyena, zebra, warthogs, crocs, eagles, penguins, whales, dolphins, sharks, turtles, and various types of antelopes, lizards and snakes.

And that's just on my way to work.

But seriously, Zambia and Botswana have some of the best Safaris I've been on. I saw someone saying they'd maybe go to Kenya, it's ok. I prefer Tanzania over Kenya, but I'd say Botswana and Zambia are even better. However, all are amazing! I've just been completely spoilt, the 18 years I've been working internationally, and the 10 years of that living in Africa.

Edit: I've also seen Cheetah but they were in a reserve, not very wild.

Edited by Merging Cultures