Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fulham H Post Match Thread

Those who believe in Team Work often reminds us all that "the team is as good as its weakest link." Has anyone took a look at the Match Ratings board recently? IF you look at the lowest rated player for each game, it's been steadily going down since the first premier league game vs Manchester City, 7.8, and not once it has bound back for fifteen games. The ratings stayed above 7.0 after eight games and dropped below it with AEK Athens game in the Europa League. It was above 6.0 for two games, and over 5.0 for two games. The lowest rated player was below 5.0 for the last three games. 

By the way, the same can be summarized for the team performance throughout the weeks.

Edited by TimT
error

What are the stats on posts generated when Leicester win or lose?

I'd hazard a swampy guess and say posts are higher when they lose. 

There was such inconsistency all over the pitch last night, for me, only Schmeichel, Tielemans and Evans had respectable games. 

I believe the formation was absolutely correct in it's selection. I just don't think we're ready to play 4 at the back yet. (Is it 2 or 4?)

Praet was utterly lost though, that's something Rodgers didn't get right until half-time.  

Fofana is still the most unorthadox and entertaining player I've ever seen, he did descend into utter bonkersness too may time last night though. 

Once again, hopefully from this coming Thursday, we'll start to see the teams quality return. 

We were worried about the impact European football would have, maybe the extra games are taking their toll a little bit. Yes we've made changes but the travelling etc can have an impact. That plussed with injuries and international football. I think we need 5 subs :ph34r:

Evans and Fofana in particular have nosedived a little bit in the last week. It seems with Little Wes he came and settled in brilliantly but sometimes a young player can have a bit of a downturn, away from in a new country, even more so with covid he can't go home or have family with him etc.

20 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

What are the stats on posts generated when Leicester win or lose?

I'd hazard a swampy guess and say posts are higher when they lose. 

There was such inconsistency all over the pitch last night, for me, only Schmeichel, Tielemans and Evans had respectable games. 

I believe the formation was absolutely correct in it's selection. I just don't think we're ready to play 4 at the back yet. (Is it 2 or 4?)

Praet was utterly lost though, that's something Rodgers didn't get right until half-time.  

Fofana is still the most unorthadox and entertaining player I've ever seen, he did descend into utter bonkersness too may time last night though

Once again, hopefully from this coming Thursday, we'll start to see the teams quality return. 

Agreed but he is very young still and will learn. It is a bit harsh solely blaming him for the goal though as if you notice it's Evans who actually plays him onside and isn't quick enough to step out. Evans for me has been more of a liability recently and perhaps needs a rest. When Cags is back I would play Cags and Fofana in the middle. 

• Thanks 1

My worry is also frustration is going to build within some of the players. Praet and Thomas constantly get pulled. That isn't going to do their confidence any good. Yes they were not great but they really were not the worse either. Fuchs is shattered and needs more rest than a young 19 year old. Madders should have been subbed but yet again it was Praet, this happened last season too when Praet never finished a game. He got frustrated at that as was obvious between him and Rodgers. Under is getting frustrated at Madders hogging corners and set pieces. I think Madders need benching at the moment as he is not on it fitness wise. Start Harvey and Cengiz as they have fresh legs. Frustration is growing and that is never a good thing. 

If there was ever a time we need players back it is now so thank goodness! Evan's needs resting desperately too. The players coming back will hopefully bring some vigour and fight.

Edited by Hales
  • Like 2

I think a lot of posters are right when they say this is us. It is. This set of payers won’t achieve anything besides top ten finishes and the odd semi-final. There’s not enough grit in this team and we’re hopelessly inconsistent. I guess we just need to enjoy what we can but prepare for crushing disappointment in the end.

I am not one to normally react to harshly after defeat as our team has credit in the bank. I am not a football manager nor coach and know Jack shit about tactics but could somebody please explain to me what the thinking was with Rodgers not starting Barnes? How was that ever going to end well?

Brendan got it totally wrong when anyone with half a footballing brain knew what we needed to do. I'm fed up of him overthinking it, we don't always need a grand plan, sometimes we just need to stick to something simple, get our quick aggressive players on the pitch and go for the kill. The prospect of returning to watch this ponderous football at the moment is hardly exciting. We're desperate in terms of injuries, defrosting Fuchs every few days worked the first few times but he's obviously being stretched too far and he's on his last legs. What on earth has happened to Fofana? 

Just hope we can get through Thursday without another gaff but I'm dreading Sunday now, the Every Obliging Leicester City go to the only team not to have won this season, can't wait. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Brendan got it totally wrong when anyone with half a footballing brain knew what we needed to do. I'm fed up of him overthinking it, we don't always need a grand plan, sometimes we just need to stick to something simple, get our quick aggressive players on the pitch and go for the kill. The prospect of returning to watch this ponderous football at the moment is hardly exciting. We're desperate in terms of injuries, defrosting Fuchs every few days worked the first few times but he's obviously being stretched too far and he's on his last legs. What on earth has happened to Fofana? 

Just hope we can get through Thursday without another gaff but I'm dreading Sunday now, the Every Obliging Leicester City go to the only team not to have won this season, can't wait. 

We need to play at pace...  vardy barnes youri praet all play better when Madison is on the bench.  If rodgers is science based he needs to look at the chances created.

3 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

I am not one to normally react to harshly after defeat as our team has credit in the bank. I am not a football manager nor coach and know Jack shit about tactics but could somebody please explain to me what the thinking was with Rodgers not starting Barnes? How was that ever going to end well?

In my opinion, he is sometimes lets his ego blind his decision making. And I think he sometimes forgets that the depth of our squad has limitations.

Last night, ultimately Rodgers set us up to fail. I don’t like getting on his back because I genuinely like him, and I do think he is a good coach, but last night just took the piss. Parker must have been chuckling all the way home to himself. 

Why he thought he could rely on JJ and Thomas to be our width, it was absurd. 

Last night we should have attacked Fulham, their defence is a leaky as a umbrella covered with holes... instead we made them look like a mid 2000’s AC Milan. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Also you know it was bad when the apologists and pErSpEcTiVe merchants are nowhere to be seen.

It's pointless when people are in this mood, all you get is abuse. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Also you know it was bad when the apologists and pErSpEcTiVe merchants are nowhere to be seen.

Nowhere? Been posting in quite a few threads after last night (not just myself either). Maybe you're not looking hard enough... 

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's pointless when people are in this mood, all you get is abuse. 

Its frustration... we play slow and get beaten by liverpool and then watch brighton show us how to do it.  Then we treat Fulham like they are barca.  We needed a back 4 and barnes and Kevin starting. Madders on the bench.. he slows things down 

Edited by foxinsocks

13 hours ago, southfox66 said:

It was like we were back in the championship and is there any point in us getting corners, it's just a waste of time with Maddison, we might as well get someone else to take them 

I can’t understand how a player, who no doubt has talent cannot do such a basic thing as take a corner and beat the first man, it’s schoolboy stuff, so frustrating.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crocyfox79 said:

****ing bastard crap evans a liability Fuchs past it vardy couldn’t be arsed mendy abject if I was top and the king power board I would be pulling senor rodgers to one side and say anymore of this shit ur gone lose on Thursday to zorya I’d be questioning Rodgers ability embarrassing 

Welcome to the forum. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nowhere? Been posting in quite a few threads after last night (not just myself either). Maybe you're not looking hard enough... 

Ah yes but your posts go without saying. I do wonder what it would take for the players/manager to do before you'll stop covering for them. 

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

A bit like when we get a win and all those posters that had reservations or weren't feeling confident for whatever reasons pre match get dug out in the post match thread? 

It tends to be the posters who just routinely slag everything off regardless. Having reservations etc is totally normal, but debating with the basic argument of 'he's got it wrong even if he wins' is an exercise in utter futility. 

6 hours ago, Crocyfox79 said:

****ing bastard crap evans a liability Fuchs past it vardy couldn’t be arsed mendy abject if I was top and the king power board I would be pulling senor rodgers to one side and say anymore of this shit ur gone lose on Thursday to zorya I’d be questioning Rodgers ability embarrassing 

So...

You don't go big on punctuation, then?

• Haha 1

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ah yes but your posts go without saying. I do wonder what it would take for the players/manager to do before you'll stop covering for them. 

Not be 4th in the league. Not be qualified in Europe with 4 games to go. 

As in, massively under perform on a regular basis. 

Be nowhere near where we need or want to be. Regularly go on losing streaks and not go on unbeaten streaks. 

Plenty of players I'm not happy with. Doesn't mean I have to go all ultra critical and go in to full meltdown when a result doesn't go our way. 

• Like 2