Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fulham H Post Match Thread

40 minutes ago, twister said:

Maddison needs to get his head down and stop bitching for free kicks and showing he is a footballer

Becuase that was crap tonight, does he even work on his long range shooting ward prowse bangs every one of his in the top bin and he's smashing them over the ball most of the time

Late on as well everyone playing as individuals it was the end last season all over again

Must say I'm fed up with Maddison continually going over every time he's tackled. He did it towards the end when if he'd stayed on his feet we had a break on. It's engrained now, he just makes no effort to ride a tackle.

His set pieces and shooting are also really not as good as they should be for a player with his talent. Certainly they're not so good that he should have a monopoly on taking them, which seems to be the case.

I get the sense that he struggles with the physicality of the PL. In the slower paced, less physical EL games, he has looked good. But where a team gets in his face he's easily put off, unlike Grealish who is strong and able to bounce off defenders.

I've spent the past couple of years moaning to all of my mates down here in London that Maddison hasn't been picked ahead of Mount for England. Performances like tonight makes me think that Southgate might have been right after all. 

There is nothing wrong with playing a back 3 in some games but today was not the game for it. Having an extra man to pass the ball to at the back gave us nothing extra and we didn’t need the extra man when we were defending (in theory at least). 

The setup from half time onwards is how we should have set up from the start and that sits with Rodgers. Such a wasted opportunity and so so unavoidable. 

• Like 1

You can take a one off defeat in a game like this if you've created lots, it just wasnt you're day or the keeper has had a blinder but I think the fact it's nothing new is what pisses people off the most. You could see it coming, teams have to make mistakes for us to score at home. That Barnes goal was the first goal in the league from open play since the Burnley game? Unless I've missed one, because I haven't fact checked.

People get sensitive when others make point of our chance creation ratio but you can't win every time with stats like that. How many goals would Vardy have if we created more? Failed time and time again to find a way to be creative consistently at home. 

Jesus...If this group of players havent got back to the Changing Room & Not puked up out of shame & embarrassment..

Fk that Rodgers, himself was too passive in his selection..No confidence in giving his Front 6 licence to go out and attack, but

our players, I Hope they cant get any sleep for a fortnight, until they Repay us back, with 3-4 wins....

If we had lost on a jammy penalty...,but Not with this bare-cupboard, of Standing up & Not  earn even 5% of their wage...neither physical intent,

nor mental aptitude  of grabbing the game on their Side of the whitewash by the Scrubs of  the neck...And I Hope they dont dare blame the manager...

If I was Top, I wouldnt want to speak to any of these losers, Nor Rodgers....So we Beat Man.city..!!!   No excuses Calling out injury problems..Those players selected tonight should have had enough quality,to at least put in a decent performance....

Maddison....No use now talking about potential, and wanting to be recognized as an England candidate or Move to a more highly ranked club...

Today...Maddison has a long Way to go to Share a Shirt with Grealish, Foden, Mount or Rice.....Maybe he isnt yet Match fit, but my God hes got to start commanding & Changing games ....or he will quickly lose any credit points..

I just Dont want results & possible Top 6, After 10 games...I want this squad to find a Soul & character, and give us performances that we can Grab hold of & believe in...

Even with the Handicap of injuries....We have 2 young  Dynamic Wbacks in Barnes & Under, Two Good fbacks in Justin & Thomas...Why oh why is Rodgers playing Silly buggars, and delaying in  letting them loose, these Dynamic four into the PL affray....

Its These four 'with' Vardy ,that will give the likes of Maddison & Tielemans the midfield Releases they would normally be dying for, to Show off their own so called expected silky skills & talent..

Stop out witting ourselves...Play The best players together from the start...!!!!

Let other Teams worry about us, Dont worry we have Nobody has the same

Quality to bring off the bench....We commit to those being our strong First choice.....

Then a Bench of Nacho,Slimani,Albrighton,Gray,Fuchs,Morgan should hold their own & be suffice

Until Castagne,Ricardo,Ndidi,Soyu can return...

I Hope our players watch,& understand the commitment & Intensity being shown by both W.Ham, und Villa,even though its Not a classic..But a better 30 minutes

than what we have delivered in our last 3-4 games...

We have become too clever, with our Set up & use of older  Fringe players.....!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, daddylonglegs said:

This is a Brendan Rodgers side. For every City (a) there will be a Fulham (h). 

Once you’ve accepted that, the shit becomes a lot more expected and Easy to deal with! 

There's been one City (a) and many Fulham (h)s.

Edited by ealingfox

1 minute ago, daddylonglegs said:

This is a Brendan Rodgers side. For every City (a) there will be a Fulham (h). 

Once you’ve accepted that, the shit becomes a lot more expected and Easy to deal with! 

Ffs stop going on about City. They are Man City, aaarrrggghhhh. 

Sorry, I'm in a bad mood. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Jesus...If this group of players havent got back to the Changing Room & Not puked up out of shame & embarrassment..

Fk that Rodgers, himself was too passive in his selection..No confidence in giving his Front 6 licence to go out and attack, but

our players, I Hope they cant get any sleep for a fortnight, until they Repay us back, with 3-4 wins....

If we had lost on a jammy penalty...,but Not with this bare-cupboard, of Standing up & Not  earn even 5% of their wage...neither physical intent,

nor mental aptitude  of grabbing the game on their Side of the whitewash by the Scrubs of  the neck...And I Hope they dont dare blame the manager...

If I was Top, I wouldnt want to speak to any of these losers, Nor Rodgers....So we Beat Man.city..!!!   No excuses Calling out injury problems..Those players

selected tonight should have had enough quality,to at least put in a decent performance....

Maddison....No use now talking about potential, and wanting to be recognized as an England candidate or Move to a more highly ranked club...

Today...Maddison has a long Way to go to Share a Shirt with Grealish, Foden, Mount or Rice.....Maybe he isnt yet Match fit, but my God hes got to start

commanding & Changing games ....or he will quickly lose any credit points..

I just Dont want results & possible Top 6, After 10 games...I want this squad to find a Soul & character, and give us performances that we can Grab hold of & believe in...

Even with the Handicap of injuries....We have 2 young  Dynamic Wbacks in Barnes & Under, Two Good fbacks in Justin & Thomas...Why oh why is Rodgers

playing Silly buggars, and delaying in  letting them loose, these Dynamic four into the PL affray....Its These four 'with' Vardy ,that will give the likes of Maddison

& Tielemans the midfield Releases they would normally be dying for, to Show off their own so called expected silky skills.......

Stop out witting ourselves...Play The best players together from the start...!!!! Let other Teams worry about us, Dont worry we have Nobody has the same

Quality to bring off the bench....We commit to those being our strong First choice.....Then a Bench of Nacho,Slimani,Albrighton,Gray,Fuchs,Morgan should

Hold their own.....Until Castagne,Ricardo,Ndidi,Soyu can return...

I Hope our players watch,& understand the commitment & Intensität being shown by both W.Ham, und Villa,even though its Not a classic..But a better 30 minutes

We have become too clever, with our Set up & Fringe players.....!!!

Things must be bad, even the eternal optimist fuchsntf is depressed! Bad times!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

You can take a one off defeat in a game like this if you've created lots, it just wasnt you're day or the keeper has had a blinder but I think the fact it's nothing new is what pisses people off the most. You could see it coming, teams have to make mistakes for us to score at home. That Barnes goal was the first goal in the league from open play since the Burnley game? Unless I've missed one, because I haven't fact checked.

People get sensitive when others make point of our chance creation ratio but you can't win every time with stats like that. How many goals would Vardy have if we created more? Failed time and time again to find a way to be creative consistently at home. 

Where you been? Planet Zog? We scored three against Leeds, one against Arsenal and two against Man City in open play since that Burnley game. That’s before we include Europa League

EDIT: home yes, I misread 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Set your team up to try an win 1-0 and as soon as you go behind you’re done. 

imagine our players looking at that line up and thinking, our manager doesn’t think we can go man for man with Fulham. 

I’d love to be as mad as some of you, but I’m not shocked in the slightest 

...what I have said many times before, whatever Rodgers says to the players before they go on the pitch, must suck the life out of them!!!

Watching a Leicester City game these days is like taking a bungee jump, you never know where you are going to end up and there's a fair chance you'll have vomit over your t-shirt. 

Still we have the joy of an away game at Stoke to look forward to; look on the bright side eh.

11 minutes ago, Manini said:

“Playing a back 5 against Fulham at home” is the new “playing two holding midfielders at home to Crystal Palace” 

Or my personal favourite under Puel of playing 3 CDMs against a relegation threatened Southampton team at home!

Edited by Sunbury Fox

Amateur hour

Starting eleven

Five at the back versus one up top

First goal, 

Fuchs challenge for penalty

Vardy running the ball out

Evans Free kick in the corner

Fofana dribbling across his own six yard box

Kasper going up for a corner.

Kasper ambling back from the corner

continually giving the ball away...

Terrible performance

It's weird that we say it was a negative team selection yet for me the biggest problem was we was caught out by the counter attacks because we had a back 3. Wing backs were so high we may as well played Under and Barnes as wing backs. Rodgers didn't expect Fulham to throw as many forward on the counter, he felt the back 3 would have time. 

• Like 1

I really should have put some cash on Fulham when i saw the lineups. We need to return to a back 4 against poorer opposition at home, and trust our attacking talents to get it done. As it is, we're getting the worst of both worlds, unable to create openings, whilst simultaneously looking extremely vulnerable against anyone counter attacking at pace due to our lack of mobility in the centre of the park

5 at the back has mostly worked away from home against decent opposition, where we've been able to sit back and invite the opposition onto us. This brought out the best in Mendy as he is adept at receiving the ball facing our own goal, nullifying an initial press due to his composure and ability to retain possession under pressure, which helped to set up our own counter attacking opportunities as the opposition commit too many to the press.

In games where the opposition let us have the ball and the onus is on us to create, it falls apart.

We work the ball too slowly over many many phases and are unable to work the opposition block hard enough to create the spaces needed to break lines. Eventually, we'll force a very risky pass, or get pressed out of possession, and end up in a situation where 1 pass can take out our entire midfield, who've all pushed on whilst in possession, but aren't then mobile enough to recover, leaving 3 on 3 situations with midfield runners attacking a 19 year old learning the game, and 2 wily veterans with no pace. For all Mendy's good work in games where we have had to soak up pressure, games like tonight he offers very little, as his ability to protect the back line against the counter is limited, given he lacks the recovery pace, or long Ndidi like limbs.

Hopefully Rodgers learns, again. He received a lot of praise for a pragmatic approach against Man City, Arsenal, and Leeds but prior to that we'd been getting turned over attempting to go toe to toe with the better sides so it wasn't a stretch to know it needed changing up. In games like tonight, we should trust that our attacking talents have enough about them to win us the game and not have to think that defensively we need the extra protection.

As soon as everyone is fit i hope we can get back to the 4-1-4-1 against most sides. Press the game up to the half way line, rely on Ndidi and pace at the back to disrupt the opposition counter, and allow Tielemans and Maddison to influence the game where they do it best. As it is, i'm coming to the belief these 2 can't play together in any other system as their lack of athleticism causes us a massive problem when we turn over possession

Edited by martyn

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Things must be bad, even the eternal optimist fuchsntf is depressed! Bad times!

I aint got a Cat to kick.....So this shower After tonights  display tonight, Need a rollicking....

If we perceive we are ready for the Big test, of continual Mixing it with the Big boys,its these games like Fulham,Hammers,Villa & Not L'pool that makes the difference & prove your are on the right track..!!ich

Leicester,Everton,Wolves, Southampton all dared to believe.....Well it is the Chelsea,Spurs, & Manutd that are showing they still have more balls,when it

comes to the twist of the cards....We so far have blown 3 chances this season..!! Covid & injuries have been decent Mitigating points....

tonight our mits didnt even Show up at the gates....!!!

19 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

If I was Top, I wouldnt want to speak to any of these losers, Nor Rodgers....So we Beat Man.city..!!!   No excuses Calling out injury problems..Those players selected tonight should have had enough quality,to at least put in a decent performance....

Today...Maddison has a long Way to go to Share a Shirt with Grealish, Foden, Mount or Rice.....Maybe he isnt yet Match fit, but my God hes got to start commanding & Changing games ....or he will quickly lose any credit points..

Even with the Handicap of injuries....We have 2 young  Dynamic Wbacks in Barnes & Under, Two Good fbacks in Justin & Thomas...Why oh why is Rodgers playing Silly buggars, and delaying in  letting them loose, these Dynamic four into the PL affray....

Its These four 'with' Vardy ,that will give the likes of Maddison & Tielemans the midfield Releases they would normally be dying for, to Show off their own so called expected silky skills & talent..

Stop out witting ourselves...Play The best players together from the start...!!!!

Let other Teams worry about us, Dont worry we have Nobody has the same

Quality to bring off the bench....We commit to those being our strong First choice.....

Then a Bench of Nacho,Slimani,Albrighton,Gray,Fuchs,Morgan should hold their own & be suffice

Until Castagne,Ricardo,Ndidi,Soyu can return...

I Hope our players watch,& understand the commitment & Intensity being shown by both W.Ham, und Villa,even though its Not a classic..But a better 30 minutes

We have become too clever, with our Set up & use of older  Fringe players.....!!!

the aggression from villa and west ham is everything not shown tonight. 

• Like 1