Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 2-0 A Post Match Thread

47 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Has anyone said in the thread about just how fookin rubbish Tottingham were? There’s tons of plaudits for us, of course, but the Spuds under the Portuguese Pulis were woeful!

😂😂

I think you need to give brendan some credit here - his tactics worked and we limited their ability to counter 

17 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

You wouldn't let it lie, would you?

You told me nothing. For one thing, I was asking what you would do with a Castagne who was fit to play 20 or 30 minutes. As it turns out, he was fit to play at least 60. In that case, I'd agree that you have to start him, as you don't want to be bringing him in on the first half and using a sub so early in the game, but we never talked about a Castagne who was that fit, did we?. For another, I was only saying what I'd do. Brendan may well have other ideas, like taking Nacho off at half time against Bournemouth, for example. Or are you telling me that you believe whatever BR does is correct?

I'm not trawling through all that again, but here's a recap from memory. You said a player is either fit or not, implying it is a binary thing with no grey areas. I ask if your laughably simplistic view of fitness is a joke, and so you ask if I'm stupid. It was clear then that you weren't joking. That a player was either fit to play 90 minutes, or not fit to play 90 seconds was actually what you thought. After I replied, you seemed to accept that a player could be only fit to play part of a match, but that it makes no difference whether they start or are subbed on. I point out that there is a difference. Then, all of a sudden, you clearly accept that there is a difference and that you'd even prefer to start said player. Can you spot a trend emerging?

At no point in all of this did you admit making a mistake or changing your mind. You also fought with strawmen (as you still are doing now) and weaseled out of answering questions with strange detours from the point at hand.

I thank you, @HighPeakFox, for helping me to see this argument was a big waste of time, but I can't let NaijaFox go away all smug thinking he's somehow won this. It ain't right.

I don't intend to say anything more about this. You shouldn't dig up old graves, especially if the grave you dig up has you in it having an absolute mare.

Blah, blah, blah...

Much the same drivel laced with juvenile insults. 

Never called you stupid, but merely asked if Guest (the extant part of whose comment I specifically highlighted) did not comprehend my post. There is no need for a dissertation when, as with much of life, the passage of time has resolved the discourse. Happy Holidays!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Ee heck. You've given him what he wanted.

lol! lollol

I enjoy discussions with different (even conflicting) viewpoints on this DISCUSSION forum, but some folks seem sadly determined to "win" Internet arguments against faceless pseudonyms. Makes one wonder. SMH

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Blah, blah, blah...

Much the same drivel laced with juvenile insults. 

Never called you stupid, but merely asked if Guest (the extant part of whose comment I specifically highlighted) did not comprehend my post. There is no need for a dissertation when, as with much of life, the passage of time has resolved the discourse. Happy Holidays!

Well, maybe in future, don't quote people and ask them if they have 'basic comprehension issues.' What are they supposed to think?

You're right - the passage of time had put an end to it. I'd forgotten all about it until you went and said 'I told you so,' when it wasn't even warranted.

Anyway, let's let bygones be bygones. Have a good Christmas.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

They were having an off day and we were lucky, that's how it always works when we beat one of the 'big six'....

They weren't having an off day. They are playing a system that leaves them vulnerable when the other team counters in midfield. They are a one trick pony under Jose and Brendan outsmarted him.We outplayed them and made them look like they were having a bad day. There was no luck involved in this  !

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

They weren't having an off day. They are playing a system that leaves them vulnerable when the other team counters in midfield. They are a one trick pony under Jose and Brendan outsmarted him.We outplayed them and made them look like they were having a bad day. There was no luck involved in this  !

So Ancelotti > BR > Moaninho?

13 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I know that, you know that, but it's usually how it's reported afterwards by our Sky/media 'friends' - I feel you've missed the irony and sarcasm of my post :D

2 hours ago, Bryn said:

Just watching the highlights again. That VAR decision for Maddison's goal was an abomination.

Was it actually off? I've seen some suggest they used the wrong foot of the defender. Which is bizarre but can't say I watched that closely on the day. Was head in hands expecting the offside call. 

2 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

I know that, you know that, but it's usually how it's reported afterwards by our Sky/media 'friends' - I feel you've missed the irony and sarcasm of my post :D

I absolutely missed both the sarcasm and the irony. Both very rarely comes through in print.

My apologies.

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I absolutely missed both the sarcasm and the irony. Both very rarely comes through in print.

My apologies.

I should have added a suitable emoji to clarify it wasn't my own personal view and to highlight I was being sarcastic :doh:

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Was it actually off? I've seen some suggest they used the wrong foot of the defender. Which is bizarre but can't say I watched that closely on the day. Was head in hands expecting the offside call. 

As far as I can tell they used the entirely wrong defender. And even assuming they had the lines in the right place, it’s still a joke, it is so far removed from the spirit of the law to analyse in that detail, comparing uneven parts of the body.

On 23/12/2020 at 00:24, FoyleFox said:

They were having an off day and we were lucky, that's how it always works when we beat one of the 'big six'....

agreed when was the last time Leicester  beat a so called big side and the comments on here were how good Leicester were as opposed to how rubbish the losers were

It's the same with us though, if someone beats us it's "an off day", "we didn't turn up" - like the recent attempts at Old Trafford, the last time at Liverpool, even getting beat by Villa at home.

Spurs were off it. They're in a bad moment after Liverpool humbled them. Before the game when Sky were showing Mourinho walking around the pitch you could just tell something didn't look right. And in game we had the crisp passing going  immediately, confidently battling for the ball; Spurs looked abject even when attacking.

All that said we had to beat them though.

It's extra nice to defeat a team who were playing well on the day, think Man U 5-3 - they scored 2 ridiculous goals and stuck another in just after half time. Quality attacking players who had just scored 3 goals away from home and we blasted them away, it was beautiful.

When's the most recent game we've "turned up" and got beat? Liverpool away last season?

Edited by Jaspa

2 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

agreed when was the last time Leicester  beat a so called big side and the comments on here were how good Leicester were as opposed to how rubbish the losers were

I was referencing the external media etc comments rather than in here.