Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 2-0 A Post Match Thread

17 hours ago, Sly said:

I’m shocked and happy. I thought we’d get punished today.

Every time you expect us to lose, we win.

Every time you expect us to win comfortably, we make it hard work or lose. 

This is a funny season and we just need to find some consistency (like about 6 other teams).

Not just for us. This season is not dissimilar to 15-16. Lots of teams are getting results that wouldn't think they would get. Not saying we win it again but who knows. 

5 minutes ago, Hack said:

Not just for us. This season is not dissimilar to 15-16. Lots of teams are getting results that wouldn't think they would get. Not saying we win it again but who knows. 

It’ll be interesting for sure, as the fixtures pile up. It seems anyone is capable of an off day and with injuries etc, at this point, I’d say it could be won by 6 or 7 teams. 

17 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Outstanding today. Wilf immense, weve got our Leicester back. Much better attacking performance. Defensively excellent. Congratulations to Brendan as well, out performed Jose today.

So we win the title with Kante at dm and wilf is in the same class. Key for the way we play is that dominant dm winning the ball back and shifting it quickly up the pitch to our talented and fast forward line. We were much more reliant in counter attacking in 15-16. But the key is Ndidi. He plays like today and we are right in this title race. 

• Like 1

Technically offside by a hair.  You'd almost never see it given in real time, but that's what VAR is supposed to do.

I just can't believe a team with creative talents the caliber of Tottenham's can play such dour, grey, dreary football.  Moaninho really is a miracle worker.  Win or lose he's a bane to the sport.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Fantastic performance all round. Showed some grit too. Wilf made a big difference in the middle, not that Mendy is bad but his physicality is immense. :appl:

If we can sort our shit home form out, preferably starting against United, we would really be a force to be reckoned with.

We are a force to be reckoned with. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

If we get European football again this season and finish above them again, I think it will be official. If you take into account our new training academy, our coach and our squad, we would be better than them in every category other than our stadium. And in current times, having a massive stadium isn't all that useful!

To take a team from the Championship to being a top 6 perennial Premier League team in a "fair" way, IE not the Chelsea / Man City way would truly be one of the best achievements by any owner in league history. Owners can't win awards, but if they could, Vichai and now Top would have cleaned up already. Cannot believe how lucky we are to have had them buy the club. 

The thing that all LCFC fans need to deal with regarding being considered a top 6 team is not the ongoing positive results and performances by the team but Leicester is not a big market like London Liverpool or Manchester.  We could win the league 2 years in a row and they still will focus on the big city teams. 

1 minute ago, Hack said:

The thing that all LCFC fans need to deal with regarding being considered a top 6 team is not the ongoing positive results and performances by the team but Leicester is not a big market like London Liverpool or Manchester.  We could win the league 2 years in a row and they still will focus on the big city teams. 

Exactly. Plenty of examples around Europe of clubs from secondary cities winning, but not being regarded as big clubs in their countries.

17 hours ago, Hansifüx said:

hmm, maybe I am wrong, but I don't remember one good offensive move that we should have scored but missed, we were not good in front of the their gaol ... they had a couple. 

Did you miss Youris miss set up by Vardy? That would of made it 3 0. Or how about the dubious offside on madders goal?

11 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Don't know the bloke, only interviewed him a couple of times, but people who deal with Kane a fair bit say he's an absolute gent, down to earth, family man, keen to do stuff in community etc.

He seems a bit like a robot to me. Doesn't seem to have any discernible personality and happy to be told what to do for a good public image. He'll be an ideal England manager in the future :D

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

He seems a bit like a robot to me. Doesn't seem to have any discernible personality and happy to be told what to do for a good public image. He'll be an ideal England manager in the future :D

He doesn't like talking to the press, which makes him pretty normal imo.

• Like 2

If I had any criticism of yesterday and perhaps Wed. Is that we have players and movement to create chances. But are not clinical enough, almost tardy, with our final ball. If we were sharper with that final pass we would score a shed load more. As teams get tired we get chances in the last 20-30. But we appear casual at times and those chances go begging. 

• Like 2

Absolutely fantastic performance yesterday. One of those where it never looked in doubt that we would win, as long as we got the first goal! (Thanks Serge). 

Apologies if this is a comment that has been brought up previously but how *bad* is that referee? Bet he absolutely loved it when Maddison's goal was given offside by a pube. 

• Like 1

@Guestand @Raw Dykes , usually not one to indulge in "I told you so" but suffice it to point out that our spirited debate on how best to reintroduce Castagne into the side - that is, whether better to sub him in (your positions) or to start him and subbed him out (my position) - has now been resolved in non-hypothetical reality. I may be confused by colloquial terms, but some things seem more obvious.  lol

PS: @HighPeakFox thanks again.     

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

@Guestand @Raw Dykes , usually not one to indulge in "I told you so" but suffice it to point out that our spirited debate on how best to reintroduce Castagne into the side - that is, whether better to sub him in (your positions) or to start him and subbed him out (my position) - has now been resolved in non-hypothetical reality. I may be confused by colloquial terms, but some things seem more obvious.  lol

PS: @HighPeakFox thanks again.     

That's ok Naija - what did I do?

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Would anyone take Dele Ali of there hands? seems to be out sorts there and is still pretty young

I would, not sure where he’d fit in or if he’d get straight into the first team but he was a fantastic player a few seasons back and seems to have lost his way a touch at spurs. He fits the profile of players we sometimes go for that are somewhat fallen stars, a bit like Ünder, with the potential to rediscover their best form. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hack said:

So we win the title with Kante at dm and wilf is in the same class. Key for the way we play is that dominant dm winning the ball back and shifting it quickly up the pitch to our talented and fast forward line. We were much more reliant in counter attacking in 15-16. But the key is Ndidi. He plays like today and we are right in this title race. 

We are not!