Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 2-0 A Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

It’s about consistency, in those 5 years they’ve finished in the top six 4 times. Won the FA Cup twice, charity shield twice and been in the European Cup final.

And that’s in a bad period!!!

We have to perform minor miracles in the transfer market and in the pitch constantly to get even close to that.

I take your point, but teams are just not as scared of the big 6 anymore, so while I get what your saying about consistency aside from the big 6, you have us, Wolves, Everton and Southampton that are able to spring upsets, the leagues will be a lot closer in the next 5 years, this isn't just a one off season for me, it's the changing into a new era.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I take your point, but teams are just not as scared of the big 6 anymore, so while I get what your saying about consistency aside from the big 6, you have us, Wolves, Everton and Southampton that are able to spring upsets, the leagues will be a lot closer in the next 5 years, this isn't just a one off season for me, it's the changing into a new era.

Too many of those 6 have been badly managed. Arteta shouldn’t be anywhere near the Arsenal job, there are managers out there doing it consistently they could have brought in. 

Managed correctly, those teams have the budget to just piss all over everyone else. We are lucky that that so many have are mismanaged from the very top. 

• Like 3

I had to record the game as had to go out and do a full weekly shop for eldest son who has Covid as of yesterday. So I avoided all media and sat down at 4pm to start the “live” game. I was 5 minutes in when a friend from London who is a lifelong Gooner texted me with “ You’ve made my crap weekend go from absolute s#it to utter joy, love you Leicester City and Happy Christmas” ..........brilliant !

Mind you it made for a more relaxed watch

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Brilliant result, but, we need  to back these big results up by grinding results out elsewhere 

We're second despite those setbacks. We've won as many games as Liverpool. We don't strictly NEED more results.

2 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

What does this even mean? A lot of people myself included thought quite rightly he was the weak link at the beginning of the season but are happily amazed at his progress. 

What point is it you are trying to make? 

The comment by ColCity was that he'd hardly set a foot wrong all season. Many on here targeted Justin after the first few games. I wasn't in that camp and maybe ColCity wasn't either judging by his comment (either that or his memory is a bit off).

My broader intention with this is that we should support our players, not single them out.
I hate that so many of our so-called fans almost seem to enjoy jumping on their own team's players' backs or lose their senses completely and blow good performances out of proportion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

This is going to sound ridiculous given I watched the whole game but did we play a back 4 or 5. Always looked like a back 4 to me even from the start but commentators said it was 5. Albrighton was always too high to be a wing back wasn't he? 

Started with a 4 - went to a 5 when Dan came on

1 minute ago, shen said:

We're second despite those setbacks. We've won as many games as Liverpool. We don't strictly NEED more results.

The comment by ColCity was that he'd hardly set a foot wrong all season. Many on here targeted Justin after the first few games. I wasn't in that camp and maybe ColCity wasn't either judging by his comment (either that or his memory is a bit off).

My broader intention with this is that we should support our players, not single them out.
I hate that so many of our so-called fans almost seem to enjoy jumping on their own team's players' backs or lose their senses completely and blow good performances out of proportion.

Is that what happened? I think people were worried about him being targeted earlier in the season (and he was) as he was seen as a weak link and did not look ready. At no point were people calling him for it though. 

He has been getting better all season and has been superb in the last couple of months and that is great news for Leicester. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shen said:

If we want to kick on and tie down that European spot as ours, we need to stop losing stupid points and kick on winning runs. This year will be tight, we can't afford to be losing silly points.

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

“Lambasted”’He was criticised for some iffy performances and a number of mistakes. He’s improved no end throughout the season.

Only strong language seems to work to get a point across. I know it doesn't wash with you, Babs, but I think you get my point.
For the record, I think Justin was showing good form from the start. Yes, he's improved along with the rest of the team, but he's been making great runs, interceptions and tackles from the off. I think we're often quick to label things as 'mistakes' instead of just recognising the opposition was better - it's like failure or weaker aspects of players isn't acceptable.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

If we want to kick on and tie down that European spot as ours, we need to stop losing stupid points and kick on winning runs. This year will be tight, we can't afford to be losing silly points.

But we're second in the table. Points against Fulham don't matter more than points against Man City. Yes, we can obviously improve against lower half teams, but you also need to acknowledge that we cannot hope for much better against Spurs, Arsenal and Man City.
My pedantic point was just that our form is enough for second. If you believe our form is unsustainable and that we will not be able to repeat our top results, fair enough, but right now only Liverpool have bettered our results.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Too many of those 6 have been badly managed. Arteta shouldn’t be anywhere near the Arsenal job, there are managers out there doing it consistently they could have brought in. 

Managed correctly, those teams have the budget to just piss all over everyone else. We are lucky that that so many have are mismanaged from the very top. 

Exactly the point tho, the original claim was that a confident manager would be able to turn it around, a club isn't just the manager, an those factors go to influence the results, unless your an Alex Ferguson type an able to sort all of that behind the scenes stuff, just being a good coach isn't enough, where as being at somewhere like Leicester where expectations are lower (short term), the set up in terms of recruitment is better, less big superstars, it's easier to manage the group harmony than with a load of prima donnas. The training ground is a huge factor for someone like BR who is big on developing players. The ambition of this club is far higher than is talked about publicly, an you do tend to see that reflected in some of the posts on here, we are early days into a project at LCFC of course we don't have the consistency of a team that has been at the top end of the game for decades. 

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

That's just it. This is not the Arsenal of old. Since Usmanov took control they've gone pretty much yellow pack. Trying to sign players on the cheap and make them into a team.

Wenger was hounded out which was a disgrace. 

Just now, Buce said:

I've never met Harry Kane or heard anything bad about him, but for some reason I absolutely loathe him.

I guess I'm just a bad person.

He's a good player though. I'm amazed at the transformation since his days with us. I don't really want to admit how good he is, but today, even though we shackled them brilliantly, he was the toughest one to keep quiet. I actually only remember him attempting shots on our goal, bar the Kasper save. There were times second half when it needed 2-3 players to stop him and despite there being about 15 players in our box at set pieces, he manages to get on the end of them.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, shen said:

Only strong language seems to work to get a point across. I know it doesn't wash with you, Babs, but I think you get my point.
For the record, I think Justin was showing good form from the start. Yes, he's improved along with the rest of the team, but he's been making great runs, interceptions and tackles from the off. I think we're often quick to label things as 'mistakes' instead of just recognising the opposition was better - it's like failure or weaker aspects of players isn't acceptable.

Well I thought he was average at the start of the season and said so. I said the same about Soyuncu as in a couple of games, they were all over the place at times and Justin didn’t offer enough going forward compared to our other usual suspects ( that’s changed massively).

I don’t know what everyone else said at the time but I don’t remember too much over the top.

I felt he was sketchy last season as well. I never said he was always going to be crap and even pointed out that just because I felt he has been average, it doesn’t mean he’s always going to be as he’s going and inexperienced. Just that in those specific performances I thought he had been.

I think his performances now are night and day compared to last season and the first few this season.

24 minutes ago, shen said:

But we're second in the table. Points against Fulham don't matter more than points against Man City. Yes, we can obviously improve against lower half teams, but you also need to acknowledge that we cannot hope for much better against Spurs, Arsenal and Man City.
My pedantic point was just that our form is enough for second. If you believe our form is unsustainable and that we will not be able to repeat our top results, fair enough, but right now only Liverpool have bettered our results.

That's it, I don't think this is sustainable and want to capitalise whilst others are struggling. We can't be putting ourselves in the position we did again