Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Gray to..........

40 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I’m okay with that, even better if he does it in another country. For whatever reason it hasn’t worked out for him here and regardless of what he achieves in the game from now on, it is the right move for both parties for him to move on and try and make something of his career.

It’ll annoy that we couldn’t do it. That said, coaching in this country is far inferior to abroad sadly, based on uefa coaching certificates at least.

9 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

It’ll annoy that we couldn’t do it. That said, coaching in this country is far inferior to abroad sadly, based on uefa coaching certificates at least.

Yes and no, it’s not like he just had one inferior coach here. He played under Ranieri, Shakespeare, Puel and now Rodgers and countless coaches under them in that time. 4 managers with different philosophies from different backgrounds and none could get any different from him. 
Hopefully for his sake, maturity and some new surroundings will inspire him and he can go on to have a decent career in Germany.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Yes and no, it’s not like he just had one inferior coach here. He played under Ranieri, Shakespeare, Puel and now Rodgers and countless coaches under them in that time. 4 managers with different philosophies from different backgrounds and none could get any different from him. 
Hopefully for his sake, maturity and some new surroundings will inspire him and he can go on to have a decent career in Germany.

I assume it is more the coaching staff over the years that develop the players. And the managers develop the team. (Obviously there's overlap) That said Puel developed a huge number of excellent youth players and didn't get much out of him (yet did with Chilwell and Hamza). Anyhow, I'll watch his progress with interest. He's an incredibly frustrating but talented player.

27 minutes ago, majaco said:

There are so e balanced views posted in  this thread.  Howver...,  Personally, I feel uncomfortable by some of the acidic comments posted here.  Clearly, people have the right not to rate Gray but I don't thing there is a need for hate posts.  Some posts are amusing.  Some just go too far.

Gray may still be with the club until the summer.  We may not sign anyone.  If that is how things are, he may still make a contribution before he goes.  

Gray has been with Leicester for several seasons, he is a Premier League champion (he contributed well, mainly from the bench, as a youngster in 2016).  It is disappointing that he has not flourished more considering the potential he seems to have.  I just don't see the reason for the hate.

Agreed, dont understand why anyone would hate Gray but some of our fans are strange and hate anyone who doesn't play for the club anymore. Gray hasnt developed into the player we hoped he would but I dont believe hes given anyone reason to hate him. Hes not good enough for the level we are at now but good luck to him wherever he ends up. He will always be remembered for his goal against Cardiff. 

• Like 1

Shame he never made the impact here we all thought he might when we signed him. Really thought he was the future; young, exciting and an established England youth player. Showed some great promise early doors just thought he needed to toughen up a bit but assumed that would come with age.

sadly for him and us, like so many youngsters, he seemed to reach his ceiling early and just couldn’t kick on to the next level. Always seemed a likeable young man, if a bit entitled, but maybe moving here when he did, picking up a champions medal in his first half season made him think he had already made it.

whatever the reasons, successive managers, including both Puel and BR who are respected in the game for bringing on young talent, failed to get any consistency out of him.

Good move for all really. We get most of what we paid back and free up some wages and he gets to try and resurrect his career in a different league where he could do well.

Good luck to him