Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Gray to..........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9104099/Leicester-City-midfielder-Demarai-Gray-wanted-Roma-Benfica-FREE-transfer.html

Leicester City's Demarai Gray 'wanted by Roma and Benfica on a FREE TRANSFER' with the Premier League-winning ace set to leave at the end of his contract this summer
Leicester City are set to lose Demarai Gray on a free transfer next summer
Foxes winger has been reluctant to sign a new contract at the King Power
As a result Brendan Rodgers has largely banished him from his first-team plans
Gray is now open to talks with overseas clubs over a free transfer in the summer 
By DAN RIPLEY FOR MAILONLINE 

PUBLISHED: 07:57, 1 January 2021 | UPDATED: 09:37, 1 January 2021

Leicester City could be set to lose Demarai Gray on a free transfer in the summer with the midfielder reportedly unwilling to commit to a new deal.

Gray's existing contract runs out at the end of the season and he can now speak to clubs outside of the Premier League arranging a summer move.

This has alerted many across Europe, with Roma and Benfica thought to be most keen on the winger who has proven Premier League experience, according to The Sun.

The report also suggests Monaco are keeping tabs on his situation with German clubs also on standby over his availability.

Gray has become reluctant to pen a new deal at the King Power Stadium beyond 2021 and as a result has seen his playing time reduced dramatically this term.

He has only played 18 Premier League minutes this season as a substitute although that was last time out on Monday against Crystal Palace.

The appearance was only the second time this season he had made Brendan Rodgers' squad having started in the 2-0 defeat by Arsenal in the Carabao Cup.  Otherwise he has been featuring for the Under-23 team. 

Gray was a signing halfway through the 2015-16 campaign from Birmingham City for  £5million, making him part of the Foxes' Premier League title-winning side.

Since signing he has gone on to make 169 appearances for the Foxes scoring 13 goals and providing 17 assists.

Leicester may decide to cash in on Gray this month to prevent a free transfer in the summer but they are now powerless to prevent him from arranging such a move. 

Roma perhaps a little far fetched but, if true, possibly a doomed move? If a talented young lad like Under can't get a game there, what chance Gray?

All depends what he wants and to be honest, I'm not one of his detractors and genuinely wish him well, it just simply hasn't worked out here for him. I don't personally see him as being a mercenary and this move will be possibly the most defining of his career. He needs regular football with a decent financial package and I doubt he'd get both parts of that at Roma. However, if he does go there, Roma is my (and my son's) adopted Italian team and I would wish him well and cheer him on from afar! Good luck to him whatever he chooses.

• Like 2

No loss whatsoever. He believed his own hype, when he should have knuckled down and improved. The 2021 Demarai Gray is no different to the 2017 version, other than he’s 4 years older. So no longer a prospect. 

I can see him ending up at Burnley, Palace or Newcastle.

1 minute ago, One Arm Babba said:

No loss whatsoever. He believed his own hype, when he should have knuckled down and improved. The 2021 Demarai Gray is no different to the 2017 version, other than he’s 4 years older. So no longer a prospect. 

I can see him ending up at Burnley, Palace or Newcastle.

Sounds just right for Arsenal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't really care where he goes never looks interested in putting in a shift on the pitch had years of promise even got an England call up then started to believe in his own publicity and went downhill after that!..... shame really.

If we can get something for him then great.....move him on!

Edited by grumpy old git

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

He will end up at Leeds I reckon, they’d see it as a good signing, he’d see it as a big club, without being to big so he doesn’t play. There style might suit him. 

You reckon Bielsa's strict intense, hard working style of play will suit Gray? I don't think he'd be close to starting for them either. It's at the back where Leeds could do with strengthening if anywhere

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Why do they randomly CAPITALISE words in headlines?

Man out of contract in six months could leave on FREE TRANSFER

Because they want MAKE SURE that STUPID people get the MAIN POINTS.

• Haha 1

Bad luck Brum

It is believed Blues are owed 15 per cent of any profit Leicester make - if indeed they do - on the former England under-21 international having sold him for around £3.7million.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/demarai-gray-spurs-leicester-transfer-19037607