Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Gray to..........

Just now, CloudFox said:

Such a strange transfer, but good luck to him! Hopefully he can make something of himself over there. Be such a shame to see his potential never quite be fulfilled.

Agent Gray commences his mission to undermine this German production line of English talent....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

These types of posts really irritate me.

They've taken his stats and are now comparing him as some young prodigy when side by side with Bailey and Diaby.

When the fact is he's flopped with consistent chances in a young, exciting team and not kicked on in the past 5 years. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

These types of posts really irritate me.

They've taken his stats and are now comparing him as some young prodigy when side by side with Bailey and Diaby.

When the fact is he's flopped with consistent chances in a young, exciting team and not kicked on in the past 5 years. 

What’s funny is that they think the exact same when our lot do it to big up Bailey. From what I’ve heard they are the same guy

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

What’s funny is that they think the exact same when our lot do it to big up Bailey. From what I’ve heard they are the same guy

Bailey: 106 bundesliga games 23 goals and 18 assists 

Biggest return is 5 goals and 3 assists in the league

23yrs old

Gray: 133 Prem Games, 10 goals and 11 assists  

Biggest return is 3 goals and 5 assists

24yrs old

Moussa Diaby: 46 bundesliga games, 8 goals and 9 assists 

21yrs old

You're pretty spot on with comparisons though. Bailey with a slightly higher return, but admittedly I haven't calculated minutes played. I'd argue Bailey is better value still. But any comparison to Diaby who has matched Gray's return almost in under half the games, is poor. 

Gray may well kick on, but he needs to soonish

Edited by UniFox21

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Bailey: 106 bundesliga games 23 goals and 18 assists 

Biggest return is 5 goals and 3 assists in the league

23yrs old

Gray: 133 Prem Games, 10 goals and 11 assists  

Biggest return is 3 goals and 5 assists

24yrs old

Moussa Diaby: 46 bundesliga games, 8 goals and 9 assists 

21yrs old

You're pretty spot on with comparisons though. Bailey with a slightly higher return, but admittedly I haven't calculated minutes played. I'd argue Bailey is better value still. But any comparison to Diaby who has matched Gray's return almost in under half the games, is poor. 

Gray may well kick on, but he needs to soonish

Absolutely and in fairness to gray our league is much stronger in general. I’m sure his numbers would probably be on baileys level in Germany. 

If he does move on I wish him well.

Not a great loss sadly. Get the feeling he can’t get to grips with BRs coaching. Rodgers likes intelligent players who can adapt to systems and tactics. Gray nearly walked into the blades of a helicopter. Enough said. 

• Haha 3

Took me a long while for the penny to drop with Gray and realize he was never really going to become the player we wanted him to be. Too inconsistent for the level we are at now and he needs a move to reenergize his career, I wish him well.

Edited by Tuna

Guest Hansifüx

I'd love to seem him at Leverkusen! They have good Trainer, but very different from BR, could help Gray a lot to focus on different aspects of his play.  Sounds like a win win situation

5 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

I'd love to seem him at Leverkusen! They have good Trainer, but very different from BR, could help Gray a lot to focus on different aspects of his play.  Sounds like a win win situation

He's worked under Ranieri, Shakey, Puel and BR. 4 different managers and he hasn't fully kicked on