Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Gray to..........

4 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I do think there’s something contemptible about a player deliberately running down his contract, presumably sacrificing a prime playing year in a short career for a signing on fee, whilst simultaneously sucking a healthy wage from the club and offering nothing.

He should be made to play in every single U23 game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I do think there’s something contemptible about a player deliberately running down his contract, presumably sacrificing a prime playing year in a short career for a signing on fee, whilst simultaneously sucking a healthy wage from the club and offering nothing.

Maybe he did try und apply himself, consistently talking with Rodgers asking for a regular chance....:dunno:

Edited by fuchsntf

7 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

....because someone is running down his contract does not mean he can't play within that period!!!

If the club refuses to play him then that is not his issue, he is still receiving a wage from his present  club and should they choose not to play him then that is their prerogative.

30 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Loads of players refuse to sign new contracts for a variety of reasons, since Bosman that is their right & absolutely nothing wrong with it.

For some reason BR has chosen not to select him which baffles me as he is certainly a better option off the bench than say Hamza or Thomas, especially as we are short of attacking options. Perhaps he wants to make an example of him. If so I think it's a bit pathetic.

Winaldum looks like he is running his contract down yet he plays every game for Liverpool.

To those who have replied to my post above, I’m not suggesting that he doesn’t have the legal right to run his contract down. I am saying that a more honourable course of action would have been to find a new club when our management made it clear that he was unlikely to get any playing time due to being too far down the pecking order.

Just wasting his own prime playing time to grab a bit of money at the expense of the club is rather tacky and lacks integrity & ambition IMO.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

We don’t see this sort of energy towards Matty James, a player who signed a decent contract with us be owing he didn’t have the physical capabilities to consistently play games for us. Just lacks integrity imo 

Matty James is a completely different scenario and has even gone  out on loan twice this year to ty to get fit 

49 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Loads of players refuse to sign new contracts for a variety of reasons, since Bosman that is their right & absolutely nothing wrong with it.

For some reason BR has chosen not to select him which baffles me as he is certainly a better option off the bench than say Hamza or Thomas, especially as we are short of attacking options. Perhaps he wants to make an example of him. If so I think it's a bit pathetic.

Winaldum looks like he is running his contract down yet he plays every game for Liverpool.

I can absolutely understand Rodgers not playing him if he's refused to sign a new contract, he's no longer part of the team so needs to be sidelined.

• Like 1

About time, i think his attitude in his last game tells you all you need to know. The way he took that free-kick off Tielemens and you could sense there was something not right with the reaction. bye goodluck

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

FFS, we're gonna finally get rid of him and he's gonna decapitate himself on the helicopter blade as he flies over to sign the contract. 

I can only imagine his last words as he exits the chopper:

Leverkusen Staff: "Nein! Nein!"

Gray: "Nah mate, I'm a winger!"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

How can this gobshite be involved in a bidding war with some top European teams, it’s not April 1st already is it... :o

Hardly a bidding war. It will only be a nominal fee for any team taking him now, or on a free in the summer.