Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Gray to..........

Not been the best signing wise but he’s been cheap on the wage bill and we got him for under 5k. Glad he’s gone we’re slowly getting rid of the deadwood now squad will look mint next season when we add a couple more and we finish in the European spots again. 

1 minute ago, dannythefox said:

Not been the best signing wise but he’s been cheap on the wage bill and we got him for under 5k. Glad he’s gone we’re slowly getting rid of the deadwood now squad will look mint next season when we add a couple more and we finish in the European spots again. 

Yesh. He was a cheap punt that didn't work out. We should have sold him to Bournemouth when we had the chance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

What do we reckon his leaving message will be to us lol

Or maybe nothing at all... 

If he reads this forum or twitter. I think we can all guess. lol

I think he reached his limits with us, and is moving on to get some game time. Not sure he'll get for his new club, but that's his choice to make and prove everyone wrong. Time will tell, but I have no animosity against him, but you'd think the lad has held us back or shit on the fans. He's done neither. I wish him all the best and hope he's happy wherever he goes and goes on to do.

40 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

If he reads this forum or twitter. I think we can all guess. lol

I think he reached his limits with us, and is moving on to get some game time. Not sure he'll get for his new club, but that's his choice to make and prove everyone wrong. Time will tell, but I have no animosity against him, but you'd think the lad has held us back or shit on the fans. He's done neither. I wish him all the best and hope he's happy wherever he goes and goes on to do.

....sweet FA .

(Finished your post off for you 😂)

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

....sweet FA .

(Finished your post off for you 😂)

5_26_17_shrug-thumb-640xauto-999241.gif

I criticised him when he played poorly, hoped he find his possibilities, and it hasn't happened. See above gif, we move on. Even if he goes on to do a Maguire I'm not fussed. Bigger picture, we'll replace him with a better player who will exceed his potential.

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Always looked good on the ball but no final delivery (usually). Best moment was his goal at Cardiff whilst we were at our emotional low point. 

Yep. He deserves our good will for that moment alone. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

Hope to see him do well in the Bundesliga. I think it will be a good league for him and he’ll also have to get more tactically disciplined. There’s a player in there somewhere 

He is competing with about 6 other wingers there, they have so many options. I think Leverkusen are signing him to try and turn a quick profit a year later.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ozleicester said:

I liked him, i felt he always tried when he got game time.

Wish him well.

Agreed. Don't understand some of the stick he gets, seemed to be more personal than with most players for some reason. Hope he does well at Leverkusen.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He is competing with about 6 other wingers there, they have so many options. I think Leverkusen are signing him to try and turn a quick profit a year later.

Perhaps they are and fair play to them. They are desperate for attacking depth at the moment and I believe he would be eligible for the Europa Cup squad too. 

They do have a number of wingers but at the moment it’s only really Diaby and Bailey (who hasn’t been consistently fit for a while).  Bellarabi is coming back from injury and Paulinho is injured too.

They also don’t have that much depth at striker at the moment as Schick has been in and out and really they’ve only got youngsters otherwise. 

I agree it’s maybe not a long term play for them but there’s a chance he’ll get some minutes and might end up being good for both.  

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

Agreed. Don't understand some of the stick he gets, seemed to be more personal than with most players for some reason. Hope he does well at Leverkusen.

Don't think he got anymore stick (personal or otherwise) than most others that were deemed not up to standard by some of our fan base. Certainly not during matches and certainly not of Chilwell proportions. 

He always seemed so close to taking that next step up. Shame that he didn't become the star with us that we hoped. 

I think he should go with our best wishes.