Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Gray to..........

1 minute ago, happy85 said:

According @DiMarzio Bayer Leverkusen is in negotiations with Leicester City over Demarai Gray (🇬🇧 / 24) in exchange for 4 million € 

€4 million is decent return for a player to be leaving for free in 6 months  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Nick said:

2.7 million quid - and off the wage bill. 

I really did think we would get a fee for him and he'd go - didn't expect it would be Bayern Leverkusen though - good luck to him.

Like for like swap almost. 3rd in epl to 3rd in germany. Haha. The kid has talent, maybe they can extract it out of him. Best of luck Gray, i hope you become the player we thought you could have been. 

• Like 1

He never lived up to his early promise. There was too many times he'd do something wondrous but made no impact in games that followed.

But it's strange in that the 10 or so games I attended since promotion that he had quite an impact in most of the games which surprised me.

Set up the 4th goal against Swansea in April 2016. Came close against West Ham in 2017, scored a week later against Burnley. Got a goal v brighton the day Rodgers was appointed. I wasn't keen on him for a finish but It's quite respectable. Only Vardy and Mahrez scored more when I attended.

Then theres the other goals like Utd, Everton and Cardiff which were sublime. 

Overall there are some great highs among the lows. We didn't splash out that much so it's not a complete write-off a la Adrien Silva.

Not sure he will get the consistency right at Leverkusen but best of luck to him. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Agreed. Don't understand some of the stick he gets, seemed to be more personal than with most players for some reason. Hope he does well at Leverkusen.

I think to be fair it was his overall demeanor rather than his football. We love our players to give 100% be fast learners and capable of listening to instructions and do it with some kind of humility and a smile. He’s lacking in much of this

"Leverkusen believe Gray could make an impact in the Bundesliga as other young English players have done, such as Jadon Sancho and Jude Bellingham, who have starred for Borussia Dortmund since their moves to the German top flight." 

Im rather shocked to see Gray compared to Sancho and Bellingham. He's one of the bigger names in the England u21 squad from the other year that hasn't kicked on at all.

7 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Stan "Biriyani" Patel

Think you need our other resident chef for that, Ric “Biriyani Pop Tart” Flair for that type of fusion cooking

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, happy85 said:

Demarai Gray is set to complete his move to Bayer Leverkusen. The Leicester winger is in Germany to sign a contract. (Source: Di Marzio)

You know they're going to turn him into the superstar we thought he'd become when Walsh bought him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

You know they're going to turn him into the superstar we thought he'd become when Walsh bought him.

I’m okay with that, even better if he does it in another country. For whatever reason it hasn’t worked out for him here and regardless of what he achieves in the game from now on, it is the right move for both parties for him to move on and try and make something of his career.