Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

ZINCHENKO

I don't know him so can't comment. But it would look like a strange signing given that we're well covered in those areas and have real needs Elsewhere, like a Striker , Winger or Good midfielder.

I think this could be a smokescreen to drive his price up.

15 hours ago, Guest said:

Would he be our first Ukrainian?

I can't say I've ever been particularly wowed by him but he seems a tidy player and a versatile one at that which is handy, especially if we're to continue competing on multiple fronts.

He wouldn’t be my first Ukrainian 👀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I don't know him so can't comment. But it would look like a strange signing given that we're well covered in those areas and have real needs Elsewhere, like a Striker , Winger or Good midfielder.

I think this could be a smokescreen to drive his price up.

He is a midfielder....

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Then it could make sense. I thought he was an LB.

Pep moulded him into a LB but he signed for them as a #10 and plays for Ukraine as a #8 or #6 depending on the formation they go with.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Schlupp was a striker for us and moulded in to a left back because he was very very crap as a striker.

He was very very crap as a left back too. 

I don't think Zinchenko was switched because he wasn't good enough (although he would have been competing with the likes of David Silva for a spot in midfield so in a sense, he wasnt) but rather that all of their traditional LB's are made of Trifle and he needed cover. 

Worth noting though, Pep plays with inverted WB's so instead of bombing down the wings, they play more as CMs so the switch would have played to his strengths.

• Like 1

He was actually signed by Manchester City as an Attacking Right Midfielder who can cut in onto his left. 

I mean he hasn't played there for a while, but he really is a serious utility player. 

He'd ensure that we don't get ourselves in any injury messes for the rest of the season because he can cover about four positions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

We've been here before; and possibly even been offered him before if memory serves. 

I suspect someone knows this and is rehashing that and coming to assumptions. 

That could very well be the case but we've also been known to look at players for quite a while before they actually sign. 

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

That could very well be the case but we've also been known to look at players for quite a while before they actually sign. 

Yes; I agree that. I was about to say I didn't think we'd be matching wages to Man City players; but then I remembered Nacho!

• Like 1