Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

I love going to watch the cricket.   What can you not love about sitting in the sunshine, drinking a beer, watching sport?

But I regret that I couldn't go and watch a team from the subcontinent. Fookin vuvuzelas.  What an awful racket. :mad:

Whoever allows that scheisse in a cricket ground wants their head looking at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

I love going to watch the cricket.   What can you not love about sitting in the sunshine, drinking a beer, watching sport?

But I regret that I couldn't go and watch a team from the subcontinent. Fookin vuvuzelas.  What an awful racket. :mad:

Whoever allows that scheisse in a cricket ground wants their head looking at.

I watched Bangladesh twice at the World Cup. Magnificent joyous fans. Bangladesh vs Pakistan at Lords was so much more fun than when Lords is stuffed full of right wing ***** like Rees-Mogg and Farage 

27 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

I watched Bangladesh twice at the World Cup. Magnificent joyous fans. Bangladesh vs Pakistan at Lords was so much more fun than when Lords is stuffed full of right wing ***** like Rees-Mogg and Farage 

I didn't bring politics into it and it's weird that you did.

I'm not sure I am too impressed what you might be implying, but if you are, you have read me utterly wrong, trust me.

To me, it's just a frickin racket.  

Vuvuzelas at any spectator sport, they can, quite frankly, shove them up themselves.

9 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I didn't bring politics into it and it's weird that you did.

I'm not sure I am too impressed what you might be implying, but if you are, you have read me utterly wrong, trust me.

To me, it's just a frickin racket.  

Vuvuzelas at any spectator sport, they can, quite frankly, shove them up themselves.

Absolutely not making any insinuation regarding your politics chief. More a comment on mine! I’ve felt it for a couple of years now: when I watch games involving fans from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh they’re just more fun!

6 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Absolutely not making any insinuation regarding your politics chief. More a comment on mine! I’ve felt it for a couple of years now: when I watch games involving fans from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh they’re just more fun!

OK, sorry.  No one wants to see the words "Jacob Rees Mogg" lol

I've been to games against India and Sri Lanka and really enjoyed myself.

I just hate vuvuzelas. 

Did I mention that I hate vuvuzelas?

Just now, Vacamion said:

OK, sorry.  No one wants to see the words "Jacob Rees Mogg" lol

I've been to games against India and Sri Lanka and really enjoyed myself.

I just hate vuvuzelas. 

Did I mention that I hate vuvuzelas?

Just wondering if you have a view on vuvuzelas?

anyway, super game and we won. 

• Haha 1

Eoin Morgan is probably the one bloke on that pitch I'd have backed not to sky one in that situation - let alone do the same thing the next ball! lol

Still felt like that went on 20 balls too long though. Bring on tomorrow fellow River Trent supporters... :rolleyes:

Morgan's Tenure....

Brilliant cricket to watch...

Its cascaded down to our Test cricket...

Its Simply Made cricket entertaining for everyone...and players seemingly also enjoying themselves these last 10-12 years....

Coinciding with the Leicester city story, drawing new  the fans in...!!

Great chase and we did well to get over the line. Nice knock from Morgan but seemed a bit daft to go for big slogs in the last over when ones/twos would have sufficed. Roy looked back to his best too. 

Seems mental to say about the world number one t20 batsman, but Malan has done his chances no good in this series. I know it was a tacky pitch tonight but it's a fact that he eats up a lot of deliveries and, should he not get going, really puts us in a difficult spot. However harsh it may be, I don't think he'll be in the team come the World Cup.

55 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Great chase and we did well to get over the line. Nice knock from Morgan but seemed a bit daft to go for big slogs in the last over when ones/twos would have sufficed. Roy looked back to his best too. 

Seems mental to say about the world number one t20 batsman, but Malan has done his chances no good in this series. I know it was a tacky pitch tonight but it's a fact that he eats up a lot of deliveries and, should he not get going, really puts us in a difficult spot. However harsh it may be, I don't think he'll be in the team come the World Cup.

If he didn t get his 30..we would of lost....

Why push yourself to look for mistakes or poor judgement. Relax and Enjoy this Morgan journey, that all players have or are taken to.

Morgan says...plays...go for it...No rules, no guilty party, no blame....Hes Miles in Front of many fans,turning Circles looking vor something to whine about..!!

England are winning more white-ball cricket than losing, we are no longer the rabbits in headlights....

Sit back,tie yourself in & Enjoy the ride.....your Heart & game emotions are in for hell of a ride...1St rule Stop yapping...

This is the England we want to see... players have their highs, lows, its Part of the fun...

Does anyone think any of the players are actually that into The Hundred? And that they may have just been contractually obliged to play in it and be part of it, as opposed to actively want to put their all to play it? 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Does anyone think any of the players are actually that into The Hundred? And that they may have just been contractually obliged to play in it and be part of it, as opposed to actively want to put their all to play it? 

I reckon they'll probably enjoy it, and will see it as a bit of a laugh and treat it as an exhibition. I don't think they'll be giving their all though, its pretty much have a slog and see what happens for the best players. Money helps of course but not seen any player be against it. 

Less recognised players might have more reason to impress etc. Interesting that Dom Sibley is in a team, can't see it being his game lol 

I don't get annoyed as most with the Hundred, I think its because I'm not emotionally attached to county and living in Blackpool now we have no professional cricket anyway so doesn't make a difference having to travel to Old Trafford for a game. I did have tickets for last years but didn't bother buying them again. 

• Like 1