Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
5waller5

Update from Boris

4 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I wish people wouldnt call him boris all the time like he's one of the boys down the pub.

No one called Threasa May Terri Or Tony Blair tone his name aint even boris its 'Alexander De feffel' he changed it to make himself seem more relatable and you fuchers fell for it and voted for it and here we are. 

I call him borris in an act of disrespect if anything. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Absolutely..

Boris!! .. WTF is that all about?.

Annoys me immensely that people call him by his first name.

The biggest con artist in the history of British Politics!

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

That would be Blair.

As you were...

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Absolutely..

Boris!! .. WTF is that all about?.

Annoys me immensely that people call him by his first name.

The biggest con artist in the history of British Politics!

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I think it’s because the name is unique in British politics where ‘Johnson’ is very common. I think that is the main reason. 

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

I wish people wouldnt call him boris all the time like he's one of the boys down the pub.

No one called Threasa May Terri Or Tony Blair tone his name aint even boris its 'Alexander De feffel' he changed it to make himself seem more relatable and you fuchers fell for it and voted for it and here we are. 

I know it's not to be relied upon, but looking at Wikipedia, I believe the 'de Pfeffel' part of his name comes from his great-grandmother's surname (his father Stanley's mother's mother).

His surname Johnson seems to come from his grandfather (Stanley's father) who changed his name from Osman Kemal to Wilfried Johnson. Osman was the son of Ali Kemal, a liberal politician (among other things) who was at one point the Minister of the Interior for the Ottoman Empire.

Following the male line right through, Boris's surname should be 'Kemal'. It looks like 'de Pfeffel' is also legit either as an inherited name or a tribute to his great-grandmother but isn't his real surname.

But his first name is Alexander, and, though the practice is dwindling, it's still reasonably common for blokes to go by their middle names rather than their first names.

For the record, I do think the PM is a prize t**t and an incompetent, lying adulterer with the moral compass of a starving rat and a career built purely on personality and charisma rather than any meaningful talent as a public servant. I bet his mates call him 'Xander' as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

I'd refer to him as Boris as that's his name (didn't know about the Alexander bit previously,  although it's not uncommon for people to use a middle name).

Equally, I referred to any other leaders by their Christian name, Tony, Teresa etc. Never considered calling our First Minister Foster instead of Arlene.

I've certainly never considered using Mr Trump instead of Tw@t...

27 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I'd refer to him as Boris as that's his name (didn't know about the Alexander bit previously,  although it's not uncommon for people to use a middle name).

Equally, I referred to any other leaders by their Christian name, Tony, Teresa etc. Never considered calling our First Minister Foster instead of Arlene.

I've certainly never considered using Mr Trump instead of Tw@t...

Almost exactly this, it really isn't uncommon for leaders to be referred to by their first names. To me there has been Boris, Theresa, Arlene but at the same time there has also been Cameron, Blair, Brown and Sturgeon. I really think it's just what roles of the tongue the best and picking the more unusual part of their name to avoid confusion. For example if I was to say David it would create confusion, if I say Cameron everyone knows who I'm referring to. It's similar with Boris Johnson but in reverse.

3 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Hate Tories me, especially that lying bassa of a PM. 

• Like 1

Alas... his schtick only works on the English, everywhere else they see straight through him, which makes me sad. A few words of Latin to remind everyone that he is entitled to lead and a decent set of jokes don't  cover up the lazy buffoon's inability to lead effectively.

Bercow's right, it's worse than the Suez Crisis,  and Boris and his merry cabinet of no marks own every last ham sandwich of it. Awful man, he will be disgraced eventually, one way or another. Like Forest fans.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Alas... his schtick only works on the English, everywhere else they see straight through him, which makes me sad. A few words of Latin to remind everyone that he is entitled to lead and a decent set of jokes don't  cover up the lazy buffoon's inability to lead effectively.

Bercow's right, it's worse than the Suez Crisis,  and Boris and his merry cabinet of no marks own every last ham sandwich of it. Awful man, he will be disgraced eventually, one way or another. Like Forest fans.

Sadly not the case...
Boris UK
Trump USA

Morrison OZ

All running on the same platforms, all being supported by people who have been deceived into fighting the wrong battles. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Sadly not the case...
Boris UK
Trump USA

Morrison OZ

All running on the same platforms, all being supported by people who have been deceived into fighting the wrong battles. 

It is no coincidence that they are all backed and supported by Rupert Murdoch!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

It is no coincidence that they are all backed and supported by Rupert Murdoch!

In case you are interested.. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/nov/03/kevin-rudd-petition-seeking-royal-commission-into-murdoch-media-nears-500000-signatures

9 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I bet Boris would be a great laff down the pub tbf. Buying everyone drinks, getting merry, recanting stories of himself and his fellow toffs at Oxford etc... a night out with Big Boris would probably be quite an experience I’d imagine.

25 minutes ago, Horibbly Wrong said:

Lol at the Remoaners on this thread 😄

Yawn! No one has said anything about the EU.....perhaps it is the Brexitards who keep conflating dislike for 'Bojo the clown' with the EU vote?  Next we'll be going back to Roundhead vs Cavaliers!

• Like 2