Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Christan Eriksen

12 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Not only that but he hasn’t played well for 12-18 months... 

He's been fine for Denmark and he's hardly had chances at Inter, so not sure what conclusions you can draw from that.

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I had a bit of a rant about this a few months ago, it's genuinely not anyone's fault except the guy at Inter that decided he was a good signing. I assume a DOF. 

Generally Inter's recruitment has been decent, they've backed Conte, given him what he needs and built a squad around his tactical vision. It's going pretty well there really. 

But Eriksen was a silly signing. He just doesn't really play with a typical attacking midfielder, he wants central midfielders who are going to graft and work hard. It's a bit like Liverpool signing Thiago, you're bringing in something that you feel you don't have to give you options but ultimately you're wasting a quality player that doesn't really fit your plan A. 

Eriksen is a cracking player, he just isn't what Conte wants, Conte is a good manager he just isn't going to play the football Eriksen needs. They're just not a good fit. 

He'll be fine if he finds himself a club that actually want to play with the ball. 

There's speculation that Inter have looked at this and thought they could make a good profit, getting him on a free and then selling him back to England a year later. If Eriksen and Conte spoke before the transfer, I'm surprised it has come to this. Surely neither party are happy with this solution.

Are we forgetting one of his mates teammate at that was caught sh@going his mrs! Might that not explain his poor form at Spurs? As for his time at Milan ... sometimes moves do not work out...

musa

slim

silva

As for not our philosophy re the signing?

Huth

Fuchs (new deals)

Wes (new deals)

Cambiasso

all had no sell on value and all worked wonders. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shen said:

He's been fine for Denmark and he's hardly had chances at Inter, so not sure what conclusions you can draw from that.

There's speculation that Inter have looked at this and thought they could make a good profit, getting him on a free and then selling him back to England a year later. If Eriksen and Conte spoke before the transfer, I'm surprised it has come to this. Surely neither party are happy with this solution.

I don't think you as a serious, ambitious footballer move to a club with that agreement, I don't think you pay a player 300k a week if you're hoping other clubs will buy him off you and he'll happily leave to a pay cut and I'd be surprised if Conte approved of all that messing about 

So I'd say that's probably more rumour mongering than reality, it seems more likely to me that a DOF at the club saw an opportunity to bosman an attacking midfielder with a skill set they didn't quite have. 

But it could still be true at a directorial level. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't think you as a serious, ambitious footballer move to a club with that agreement, I don't think you pay a player 300k a week if you're hoping other clubs will buy him off you and he'll happily leave to a pay cut and I'd be surprised if Conte approved of all that messing about 

So I'd say that's probably more rumour mongering than reality, it seems more likely to me that a DOF at the club saw an opportunity to bosman an attacking midfielder with a skill set they didn't quite have. 

But it could still be true at a directorial level. 

I don't think Eriksen would know anything about it to be fair. And we don't know his wages exactly. I've seen Italian and Danish media estimate it to around £130k after tax, which calls into question the touted £300k. It is probably just rumour and idle speculation, but major Italian clubs are notorious for being a bit shifty and opportunistic.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Are we forgetting one of his mates teammate at that was caught sh@going his mrs! Might that not explain his poor form at Spurs?

Are you referring to the Vertonghen tabloid rumours which the couple denied?

58 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

For Fuchs sake, no one is paying 300K/week for Eriksen on loan.  Never in a million years.  Inter will pay half of it if not more.

Nobody on here nor the club wants to pay Eriksen full wages. The argument is should we get him or not if we can pay 50% of his salary. I  say yes to that. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, shen said:

Are you referring to the Vertonghen tabloid rumours which the couple denied?

I was yeah, that completely unfounded then bud? Genuine question? As it looks conspicuous bearing in mind he was sporting a black eye when it all came out. But fair enough of that’s pure fiction. 

Edited by casablancas
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, shen said:

Drawing mostly from Spurs form rather than the odd game at Inter 

Guest StevieLynex
1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

There's something about players that get paid £300k pw. They tend to lose all form and focus.

Just look at Messsi and Ronaldo

If Eriksen wants to play at Leicester, he may have to accept a wage drop.  We have a lot of players I would rather keep than get Eriksen in.  If he wants to play for a class outfit like Leicester,  he might have to be realistic

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Think he's past it, very poor since 2019, looks like age has caught up with him. He's going to be 29 next month and new guys on the block like Fernandez and Grealish are the type of players the what we should be looking for.

Somebody is in need of a reality check! 

20 hours ago, casablancas said:

Are we forgetting one of his mates teammate at that was caught sh@going his mrs! Might that not explain his poor form at Spurs? As for his time at Milan ... sometimes moves do not work out...

musa

slim

silva

As for not our philosophy re the signing?

Huth

Fuchs (new deals)

Wes (new deals)

Cambiasso

all had no sell on value and all worked wonders. 

Get this loan done ASAP, can you remember what happened the last time we loaned a player thats Mrs was getting knobbed by a teammate? 

On 23/01/2021 at 22:13, Deeg67 said:

For the Nth time, we have no cover for Maddison or Tielemans right now, going into a crazy schedule even if we're bounced from the FA Cup (which would probably be for the best).  Saying "this guy is similar to a guy we already have" is not a reason to not want that player.

Also, if - and it's obviously a very big if - Eriksen were to return to his true best form, that' a couple of levels above anything Maddison has ever shown over a lengthy stretch.  Just reality.

He doesn't have to be 'in his prime' Eriksen in order to help.  About 75% of that would be nice boost to the club's depth.