Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Christan Eriksen

The people running this Club have done a brilliant job in the past 2 years. In a pandemic scenario, where income is greatly reduced, this simply does not make any sense whatsoever.  Top and the Board are exceptional business people.  There is nothing savvy about paying 1.2m a month for a 'has been' that is not good enough to step into the first 11.

• Like 4

There's a world class player in there and I trust BR to find it and put it on the pitch. Wages aside, he'd be perfect for us. I'd be uncomfortable as a short term loan though without an end solution but if we get him for 150k a week till the end of the season it would be a gamble but might be the difference between having the personnel to really achieve something. He can play as an attacking/distributing midfielder in either the Youri or Madders role - both of those positions require quality cover which we simply don't have. Yes please, if something can be worked out!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Shane said:

Inter will be forced to make a decision on the last day. They will either have to keep an unhappy player, or let him leave on loan and pay a percentage of his wages/accept a loan fee.

Yep - I think so.

And I wouldn't rule out Man Utd sadly as they are long admirers.

Edited by Nick

25 minutes ago, Shane said:

Inter will be forced to make a decision on the last day. They will either have to keep an unhappy player, or let him leave on loan and pay a percentage of his wages/accept a loan fee.

Yeah, but even at 50% of his wages he'd still be the biggest earner at our place 

39 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

ROFL at "he's not good enough for Leicester".  The Bale comparison is silly, first of all - Eriksen is 2.5 years younger and has been away from the PL for one season, not 7.  Bale also has the misfortune of playing for Mourinho, one of the most negative coaches in football.

Eriksen would be a gamble, sure.  But one worth taking.  If he finds his old form he's our best player, or at least on-par with a healthy Ricardo.  He's close friends with the team captain, which would help with the transition.  And there's no transfer fee if he's a loan, which he would be.  Inter will end up eating half his salary to move him and a bigger club than us will likely get him and be glad they did, but I'd take Eriksen in a heartbeat.

I think he would do well here, but it is a big risk at 300k that is something Man U can chance but we can’t. If inter do decide to pay at least half his wages though then I would 100% take him here. 

To put this into some kind of perspective this bloke for example comes in and we pay say 150k minimum a week as much as Vardy and more than all the others. He will sit on the bench more than play so that’s not going to be great for dressing room harmony. Can’t see it myself.

• Like 2

Eriksen was phenomenal under Poch and if you remember Spurs under Poch, they ran a lot and worked hard and played great football. Eriksen would easily fit in here. I dont know where the perception of him not running or working hard comes from. 

If Inter are willing to pay half his wages i would take him 100%. 

• Like 3

If we want to properly have a title race + go far in Europa League we could do with someone like Eriksen. 5 of the 7 seasons at Spurs he went into double figures in goals. He can play in a midfield 3 alongside Ndidi and Tielemans and he can play in the front 3. 

He wanted to move to a bigger club than Spurs, he either downed tools or was s*** in his last 2 seasons at Spurs. He got his move to Inter Milan and has found out the Grass isn't greener on the other side. So he gets paid £300 thousand a week but Inter don't want him anymore, so he is just their Mesut Ozil, a unwanted player at club but nobody will sign them cos they on such a high wage that no club can afford.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He wanted to move to a bigger club than Spurs, he either downed tools or was s*** in his last 2 seasons at Spurs. He got his move to Inter Milan and has found out the Grass isn't greener on the other side. So he gets paid £300 thousand a week but Inter don't want him anymore, so he is just their Mesut Ozil, a unwanted player at club but nobody will sign them cos they on such a high wage that no club can afford.

Is that a yes then?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

So Eric's got a choice.....stay at inter and play like s*** but get £300k a week or go to another club and get paid £80k a week and still play like s***. Looks like he's staying.

Unless we sign him permanently the full £300,000 a week contract would still have to be fulfilled by Inter.

What we would be haggling about, if we really are interested in loaning him is the percentage of his wages we would pay to Inter for his time here. I'm not sure how appearance/assist/goal/win bonuses cross over but I'm certain that'd be another negotiation to have.

Edited by Jaspa

5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

So Eric's got a choice.....stay at inter and play like s*** but get £300k a week or go to another club and get paid £80k a week and still play like s***. Looks like he's staying.

It’s gonna be a loan so he’ll get paid regardless. It’s up to inter how much of a hit they are gonna take on his wages for the next 5 months. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

The question isn't how much Eriksen will be paid, he's getting his £300k a week regardless of what happens.

Assuming eriksen wants to come the issue is between Inter and Leicester and how much Leicester will contribute to his wages.

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He wanted a bigger salary first and foremost. He is 29 next week so that was gonna be his last big pay day. And Spurs were never gonna give him a huge pay rise so he went to Inter. 

I just said the same on the Ings thread, but with the position we are in you might think we’d have a go at a “long shot” signing and offer something reasonable (let’s say, for Eriksen, we’ll pay £75k a week) and then a £10m add-on if we make the Champions League and he’s played more than, say, ten games. That’s a fraction of what we’d get for qualification, but if we do it then everyone’s a winner. 

• Like 1