Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Christan Eriksen

8 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Looks like his agent is trying to find a compromise to make the deal work: 

https://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-eriksen-inter-milan-transfer-agent-working/

I hope something can be sorted, it would be a massive boost to us gaining a top 4 spot with a signing like this 

• Like 3

I really hope something can be sorted out. He could push us over the line for top 4.

I do wonder why it hasn't worked out for him at Inter? Is it due to Conte being negative and pragmatic or something else? 

53 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I can’t see how he’d fit to be honest? Very similar player to Maddison

You could play all three if Maddison played as a tucked in wide player.

We're playing twice a week and have a potential 35 games in four months. We could rotate the three of them a bit more as well, a fantastic player to bring in if we can get him for a reasonable deal.

For the Nth time, we have no cover for Maddison or Tielemans right now, going into a crazy schedule even if we're bounced from the FA Cup (which would probably be for the best).  Saying "this guy is similar to a guy we already have" is not a reason to not want that player.

Also, if - and it's obviously a very big if - Eriksen were to return to his true best form, that' a couple of levels above anything Maddison has ever shown over a lengthy stretch.  Just reality.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Koke said:

I really hope something can be sorted out. He could push us over the line for top 4.

I do wonder why it hasn't worked out for him at Inter? Is it due to Conte being negative and pragmatic or something else? 

...are you having doubts!!!

You want the deal to happen and yet uncertain why he has failed to deliver for his present club. At £300k a week we need to be pretty sure if it is down to an inability to perform or underlying issues.

• Like 1

When Drinkwater went to Chelsea, we all know he was already in serious decline as a player, and we essentially stiffed them for £30 million as partial retribution for them thieving Kanté off us for the same amount.

Similarly, when Erikson left Spurs for Inter, he was seriously on the wane as a player. Spuds fans attributed his abysmal final season form for them to his head being turned and losing his enthusiasm for prem football and being "distracted". It does not appear to be borne out by his subsequent dreadful showing at Inter. He just isn't/ wasn't the player he used to be.

He is too old, too expensive, and as a player, well past his sell by date. No thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...are you having doubts!!!

You want the deal to happen and yet uncertain why he has failed to deliver for his present club. At £300k a week we need to be pretty sure if it is down to an inability to perform or underlying issues.

Eriksen at Spurs was phenomenal. A poor 12 months doesn't make him a bad player. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Koke said:

They have a talented squad, although he didn’t exactly set the world alight in that last season at Tottenham. 

20/21 - 14 games, no goals or assists

19/20 - 54 games, 7 goals, 6 assists.

18/19 - 51 games, 10 goals, 17 assists.

17/18 - 47 games, 14 goals, 13 assists.

16/17 - 48 games, 12 goals, 23 assists.

15/16 -  47 games, 8 goals, 16 assists. 

I think we should be cautious with what we’re expecting here. For the outlay, he’s been average for 18 months. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Koke said:

Eriksen at Spurs was phenomenal. A poor 12 months doesn't make him a bad player. 

...the inference is he is not the player he used to be!!!

Poor in his last season for Spurs and now being offloaded by his current team, there is a pattern here.

Paying £300k a week just to see what that is, becomes self indulgent and detrimental to the club.

8 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

agree Maddison and Youri are on top form, would Eriksen be happy warming our bench.

Feel we need a striker or a winger more.

I find this a strange argument that many persist in trotting out.  Any top team these days have international grade players sitting on the bench from time to time because squad rotation is essential.  All such players must be aware,  and accept, that this is the norm - they don't expect to play every game but they do expect to have to fight to be the number one choice.

9 minutes ago, Sly said:

They have a talented squad, although he didn’t exactly set the world alight in that last season at Tottenham. 

20/21 - 14 games, no goals or assists

19/20 - 54 games, 7 goals, 6 assists.

18/19 - 51 games, 10 goals, 17 assists.

17/18 - 47 games, 14 goals, 13 assists.

16/17 - 48 games, 12 goals, 23 assists.

15/16 -  47 games, 8 goals, 16 assists. 

I think we should be cautious with what we’re expecting here. For the outlay, he’s been average for 18 months. 

But wouldn’t you rather have him available to use if Youri ends up being out out for a period?     We can’t afford to be picky, we lose Youri we’re ****ed. This type of signing could be a revaluation particularly with Brendan as our gaffer. I’d be all for it if the finances are right. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

But wouldn’t you rather have him available to use if Youri ends up being out out for a period?     We can’t afford to be picky, we lose Youri we’re ****ed. This type of signing could be a revaluation particularly with Brendan as our gaffer. I’d be all for it if the finances are right. 

.. conversely, what does that say to Youri!!!

One mistake and we have someone who is itching to take your place, not much good going on the pitch with that kind of thought in your mind. You start trying too hard to impress, you overplay passes and blame all around you for any failings.

Now the general thought is that you need players to push you to keep a consistent level but it is not as if Youri has been coasting!!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

One mistake and we have someone who is itching to take your place, not much good going on the pitch with that kind of thought in your mind. You start trying too hard to impress, you overplay passes and blame all around you for any failings.

Now the general thought is that you need players to push you to keep a consistent level but it is not as if Youri has been coasting!!

That depends on how the manager handles it.  We have every reason to believe that Rodgers, with his man management skills, will handle it perfectly well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

To be fair, all managers of big sides talk about having competition for places and if you are going to be the best it doesnt do any harm to have someone pushing you.

Also, im sure Youri could learn a lot fro someone like CE

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Not at all, Youri knows he is the number one. Besides competitions is healthy... you can’t operate a successful team with one viable option in each position, especially if you’re harbouring ambitions of Europe. You’re not going to get anything you want in this window, sometimes you have to take a risk on a lost cause to fill a gap. That’s what he will do, but only if the price is right. Plug the gap until we’re able to secure Otavio who I think is the main target. 

Not acting to replace Praet is foolish... we can’t afford the re-run of last season. Plus if Eriksen does come and does kick it up a gear and settle it would offer a welcome addition. 

10 hours ago, Koke said:

I had a bit of a rant about this a few months ago, it's genuinely not anyone's fault except the guy at Inter that decided he was a good signing. I assume a DOF. 

Generally Inter's recruitment has been decent, they've backed Conte, given him what he needs and built a squad around his tactical vision. It's going pretty well there really. 

But Eriksen was a silly signing. He just doesn't really play with a typical attacking midfielder, he wants central midfielders who are going to graft and work hard. It's a bit like Liverpool signing Thiago, you're bringing in something that you feel you don't have to give you options but ultimately you're wasting a quality player that doesn't really fit your plan A. 

Eriksen is a cracking player, he just isn't what Conte wants, Conte is a good manager he just isn't going to play the football Eriksen needs. They're just not a good fit. 

He'll be fine if he finds himself a club that actually want to play with the ball.