Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Leeds Pre Match

On 29/01/2021 at 08:12, mozartfox said:

BBC pundit Mark Lawrenson has predicted a shock Leeds United win when they travel to the King Power Stadium on Sunday. 

We are doomed.

Does football expert Mark Lawrenson ever predict a Leicester (team fighting it out at the top of the table) to win? 

I swear we could be up against Kettering under 12s and he would say something like....

Leicester are in a great vain of form and free scoring, but I feel that the blonde lad up top for Kettering will have too much for the Leicester defence,

Kettering win 3-0. 

He's ****ing clueless. 

3 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Gives me some hope of Cengo starting :fc:

Don't get the obsession with him starting. Albrighton is playing out of his skin and deserves his spot and Barnes is one of our star players. Haven't seen anything from Under that would make me so desperate for him to start.

Not aimed at you btw, just see a lot of people calling for him to start every week.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Don't get the obsession with him starting. Albrighton is playing out of his skin and deserves his spot and Barnes is one of our star players. Haven't seen anything from Under that would make me so desperate for him to start.

Not aimed at you btw, just see a lot of people calling for him to start every week.

I think a lot want Ünder in for Perez.

Whether a front 3 of Ünder, Barnes and Perez works in practice though is another question.

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

We've been crying out for a player like him for ages, then when we finally got one we had to change our system to accommodate for injuries and go with wing backs. Considering how little opportunity he's had to get up to speed, for me he's done really well so far, and I REALLY want to see what he could do against a team like Leeds. 

16 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I’m bored of this conversation now. I just lost the post I was writing that took me 15 mins so I can’t be bothered to re write it.

End of the day it’s just opinions. Im not bothered what anyone thinks when I see something, as you should all not if you disagree with my opinion on Mendy. It seems my opinion get people worked up, because I don’t go along with the easier option or I’ve hit a raw nerve by being able to back my opinions up and show up the truth.

Every single time Mendy is on the pitch , we are a poorer team and more likely to drop points and get run over. Nothing will change that and the sooner we get a better back up for Wilf the better.

Now I’m not going to say anything more on the matter because we’re going round in circles.

We have been sitting in the top four with Mendy being present in a majoirty of those games

We all know Wilf is a better player it's not rocket science however he is injured and Mendy has proved in every game that he can do as good a job as Wilf.

Whats the issue?!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Simonb said:

Bielsa will do his usual trick of spending the whole week studying our every move in depth, yet start the same team, formation and tactics as he does every game

Only slight worry I have with vardy being out is they were scared to death of him in the reverse game.. From the offer they were panicking and error strewn around him... That being said, I think we'll be 3 up by half time. 

Harvey Barnes record vs Leeds is very, very good! 

• Like 1

Just now, sdb said:

The confidence in here is astounding. Granted, we look good, but we've already lost at home to Fulham, Villa, West Ham et.al this season. Let's hope the players haven't already won this game in their heads.

I predicted we'd beat this mob 4-1 at Elland Road and I got peppered with disbelief. 

It won't be quite as one sided today but we will win 2-0 and Barnes will get both of them.

Our fans are very much in the mind set of "if they are not playing, they are sh!t".

Mendy didn't play regularly for years and we wrote him off, Ndidi gets injured and Mendy gets a run and folk are suddenly talking about how Wilf gets his place back. Mendy takes the bench again and suddenly he's dog muck once more. 

It was the same with Albrighton. The minute he lost his place, he was washed up and now he's undropable. 

4 minutes ago, sdb said:

The confidence in here is astounding. Granted, we look good, but we've already lost at home to Fulham, Villa, West Ham et.al this season. Let's hope the players haven't already won this game in their heads.

West Ham are 5th atm and Villa are not a bad team only downside was Fulham at home. On our day we are a very good team and we can beat anyone. Player for player we have better players than Leeds, so not unreasonable to be confident? If we are on it we will beat them

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

West Ham are 5th atm and Villa are not a bad team only downside was Fulham at home. On our day we are a very good team and we can beat anyone. Player for player we have better players than Leeds, so not unreasonable to be confident? If we are on it we will beat them

Yes but you're ignoring the proven fact that lcfc fans 100% get egg on their faces as soon as they get confident.

27 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Does football expert Mark Lawrenson ever predict a Leicester (team fighting it out at the top of the table) to win? 

I swear we could be up against Kettering under 12s and he would say something like....

Leicester are in a great vain of form and free scoring, but I feel that the blonde lad up top for Kettering will have too much for the Leicester defence,

Kettering win 3-0. 

He's ****ing clueless. 

I actually know quite a few of the lads in Kettering Town U12s.  They're quite good actually and do have a blond lad up top who is quick, good feet and a smart finisher.

16 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Our fans are very much in the mind set of "if they are not playing, they are sh!t".

Mendy didn't play regularly for years and we wrote him off, Ndidi gets injured and Mendy gets a run and folk are suddenly talking about how Wilf gets his place back. Mendy takes the bench again and suddenly he's dog muck once more. 

It was the same with Albrighton. The minute he lost his place, he was washed up and now he's undropable. 

Tbf on Albrighton this is probably the best hes played in a out 3 years. 

9 minutes ago, sdb said:

Yes but you're ignoring the proven fact that lcfc fans 100% get egg on their faces as soon as they get confident.

True! but also nothing wrong with being cautiously optimistic same with our top 4 aspirations.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rachhere said:

We've been crying out for a player like him for ages, then when we finally got one we had to change our system to accommodate for injuries and go with wing backs. Considering how little opportunity he's had to get up to speed, for me he's done really well so far, and I REALLY want to see what he could do against a team like Leeds. 

A player like what's though? Surely he's not showing the quality to the management to get into the team over the likes of Albrighton, then he's not the player we're so desperate for. He's not overly impressed when he has had chances, so I don't really understand the desperation to give him more.

• Like 1