Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Leeds Pre Match

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

One of the best in the world? You’re having a laugh. Maybe in the same way Bielsa is one of the best managers in the world. 
There are few worse goal keepers in the Premier League. Third most saves means nothing, most mislead stat - without looking who are the two ahead of him? Sam Johnson and Areola? The teams with the worst defences have keepers who make more saves.

If Leeds had a better goalkeeper they would be about 10 points better off.

We wouldn’t be 5 points of Man City just by having a better keeper.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

KASPER
CASTAGNE          FOFANA          EVANS          JUSTIN

MENDY          YOURI

MADDISON

PEREZ

UNDER                              BARNES

ARE YOU THE STADIUM ANNOUNCER?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

Nice idea to replace ndidi. I'd like that.

Lots of praise for Mendy last game but I didn't feel it myself, so kept my.moith shut as thought I must have missed something.

I like this idea, seems tailor made for either cage or fofana though rather than ricardo if you are talking "like for like" position wise (and if you're not, ignore me 😀{but I still like the idea, especially if it's my idea})

( More edit notes, I've had a ****ing made there!)

Mendy was excellent when he came on the other night but he lacks the mobility Wilf gives us and he tends to pass sideways or backwards.

Both Fofana and Soyuncu have shown that they are strong in the challenge, Mobile, good in the air and comfortable on the Ball.

So instead of leaving one of them on the bench with Wilf out why not play one in a straight swap for Wilf, And the other alongside Evans.

It should make us equally as strong in midfield and stop Leeds getting any kind of a foothold in the game. While also giving us an opportunity to see an alternative system in play.

I don't think we would lose anything in trying it out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Going to be a tough game. They are struggling at cb with llorente out but phillips and raphinha didn't play the first time and will make them better. Shame they are weak at set pieces as not exactly a strength of ours! Good thing is that if we play the same way as we did on Wednesday, we should create a lot of chances. Feel barnes and madders key for us. 

If Leeds fans, who I’m sure watch a lot more of Leeds than the average Leicester fan on here, are telling you that their keeper is actually pretty good, he probably is:D A mistake on Sunday would be nice though 

Would be a lot more confident going into this with Ndidi, however mendy played a blinder at Elland road 

Edited by OadbyBlue
  • Haha 1

We’ll have to play a different kind of game to Wednesday night. Sit in nice and tight and look to pick them off on the break, they can’t deal with it and Bielsa doesn’t have the defence to be able to combat it yet. If we look to carve them open like we did Everton then it’ll be end to end. Taking our chances (like the game at Elland Road) will be very important. 

• Like 1

We have won without Vardy, We have won without N'didi...we have won without both....

We are 3rd & been competing around Top 6 all season..!!!

Of course Leeds could have the Drop on us, like any team...

I wouldnt expect our fan base to either be arrogant or entitled...but..!!

WE seem to be over cautious, and more willing to Chase & Search for negatives,

Shouldnt we start being more optimistic....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

KASPER
CASTAGNE          FOFANA          EVANS          JUSTIN

MENDY          YOURI

MADDISON

PEREZ

UNDER                              BARNES

Ayoze you don’t score goals from there as a striker m8 

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Yea think some are quick to forget how dismissive of some of our players teams were when we came up. Stoke spring to mind (although we are a billion times better than Stoke ever were) 

Bit off topic but Stoke were an incredibly dull premier league team in all senses werent they?

At least mainstays like Burnley have a bit more character about them as left much more of a mark on the premier league than Stoke ever had.

Edited by Nalis

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Bit off topic but Stoke were an incredibly dull premier league team in all senses werent they?

At least mainstays like Burnley have a bit more character about them as left much more of a mark on the premier league than Stoke ever had.

It’s funny because at the time we came up, them and Swansea were seen as the model to follow as a promoted club to establish yourself in the league, after a couple of top half finishes and a European campaign each. Didn’t take too long for us to surpass them

37 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Ahhhh those were the days, takes me back to Filbo and crowds of 13k

Ainleys record store a real blast from the past! 

Oh my God. My Leicester city centre geography is about 2 decades old, but Ainleys, blimey, too good. :worship:

Is the Black Cat bookshop in the Silver arcade still there, feck, is the Silver Arcade still there even??