Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Leeds Pre Match

55 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Bit off topic but Stoke were an incredibly dull premier league team in all senses werent they?

At least mainstays like Burnley have a bit more character about them as left much more of a mark on the premier league than Stoke ever had.

I don't know they almost roll into one for me. Just burnley do it on less money. 

5 hours ago, Pub breath said:

Beat Everton away, they win their games in hand and they are where Leicester are.  Beat Villa away 3-0 when they were second, their games in hand won would have them fifth now.

Have I missed something here, you're 13 points behind us with a game in hand? How would you be level on points with us with just a few permutations? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Still played though :dunno:

I think the point still stands that we started the game at Leeds without our  entire first choice back 4 (though obviously Fofana and Justin have since established themselves as really good players), arguably the best CDM in the league in Ndidi and one of the best CAMs in the league (Maddison). In total we had only 4 or 5 players who most fans consider our best XI playing from the start. So it's a bit rich for the Leeds fan on here to hint that our win was partly down to Leeds being injury hit at the time. 

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I think the point still stands that we started the game at Leeds without our  entire first choice back 4 (though obviously Fofana and Justin have since established themselves as really good players), arguably the best CDM in the league in Ndidi and one of the best CAMs in the league (Maddison). In total we had only 4 or 5 players who most fans consider our best XI playing from the start. So it's a bit rich for the Leeds fan on here to hint that our win was partly down to Leeds being injury hit at the time. 

I'm not saying we weren't without players but I dont know why we need to point score on injuries with them. I'd like to think we know better lol

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

We have won without Vardy, We have won without N'didi...we have won without both....

Feel free to name the game we have won without both? rather than just throwing these comments around with no substance.

Norwich last year and A Villa this year the only 2 games without both I can think of = 2 losses 0 goals and no hope in both.

Would like to hear the games your thinking about..?

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Mendy was excellent when he came on the other night but he lacks the mobility Wilf gives us and he tends to pass sideways or backwards.

Both Fofana and Soyuncu have shown that they are strong in the challenge, Mobile, good in the air and comfortable on the Ball.

So instead of leaving one of them on the bench with Wilf out why not play one in a straight swap for Wilf, And the other alongside Evans.

It should make us equally as strong in midfield and stop Leeds getting any kind of a foothold in the game. While also giving us an opportunity to see an alternative system in play.

I don't think we would lose anything in trying it out. 

Really? I mean he really wasn’t but luckily for us Everton were so defensive he wasn’t shown up as much as he could be, although in the end we looked like we could be hit on the counter.

Leeds last time vs us had no Rodrigo Rafinha and Phillips. This time they do and will really cause us problems in the middle.

Im amazed after reading this, that most people think it’ll be a walk in the park!? We have no Wilf and Vards, they have their best team back.

I think their favourites. I’d actually be very suprised if we win to be honest.

The last time I was not confident we would win was vs Palace, I’d be genuinely suprised if we don’t drop points 

48 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Feel free to name the game we have won without both? rather than just throwing these comments around with no substance.

Norwich last year and A Villa this year the only 2 games without both I can think of = 2 losses 0 goals and no hope in both.

Really? I mean he really wasn’t but luckily for us Everton were so defensive he wasn’t shown up as much as he could be, although in the end we looked like we could be hit on the counter.

Leeds last time vs us had no Rodrigo Rafinha and Phillips. This time they do and will really cause us problems in the middle.

Im amazed after reading this, that most people think it’ll be a walk in the park!? We have no Wilf and Vards, they have their best team back.

The last time I was not confident we would win was vs Palace, I’d be genuinely suprised if we don’t drop points 

Why wasn't mendy excellent when he came on? 

52 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Actually my bad....I thought Ndidi was still out....but I forgot he played..

Ps...but  will be changed this weekend..:trumpet:.....

Edited by fuchsntf

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Why wasn't mendy excellent when he came on? 

Because he didn’t really do too much and Everton just sat deep so it was the type of game he wasn’t put under much pressure. Everton exposed us on the counter attack the last 10 mins or so and he struggled.

Any time he gets put under pressure he looks out of his depth. He doesn’t have the engine, physicality, tackling ability, strength or height for set pieces that Wilf does.

13 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Because he didn’t really do too much and Everton just sat deep so it was the type of game he wasn’t put under much pressure. Everton exposed us on the counter attack the last 10 mins or so and he struggled.

Any time he gets put under pressure he looks out of his depth. He doesn’t have the engine, physicality, tackling ability, strength or height for set pieces that Wilf does.

So many good points 

I am convinced we will play a back three on Sunday .....

16 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Go and watch the build up to our first goal at Man City.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

So many good points 

I am convinced we will play a back three on Sunday .....

Not sure we have an alternative to playing Mendy anyway, and think you have been a little harsh...Everton are top 8, and frankly we battered them...including Mendy who allowed Tielemans the freedom to be one-off our best players on the night....N’didi he isn’t, but the fact that Brendan, who sees him every day, and not only kept him, but is likely ready to let Hamza go as a consequence speaks volumes....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

You make a lot of good points but I still say Mendy was good when he came on to replace Wilf. We all know he doesn't offer what Wilf offers but he is as good as we're likely to get

as cover for Wilf without creating trouble over not playing. 

We can only play against what's in front of us, Everton were so afraid of us that they parked the bus trying to keep us out and we still managed to find a way through.

A Counter attack is very difficult to defend if it's done right. Yet he saved us when he matched Richarlson down the left wing when they outnumbered.

You underestimate any opponent at your peril, This is why Football can be so exciting. We should know that better than most. But equally the league doesn't lie either.

We will struggle if we allow them too much possession which is why I'd prefer us to play Fofana in place of Wilf to win more Ball in that area. We've got to keep them further from our Goal as they do posse players who not only can hurt us, But also shoot from distance with effect.

I still think because they play so open we can find a way through especially with Barnes pace to counter but also if we go with Under on the right.

Though I think it's more likely that we'll start with Albrighton and see Under start against Fulham .

Let's just put in a performance as we have been doing then we see where it takes us.

Enjoy the game.  

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I couldn't disagree more. Did what he had to when he came in quite well. Long balls over the top arent his fault lol. 

I'm assuming you're giving N'didi immunity from any fault for their goal aswell? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

You make a lot of good points but I still say Mendy was good when he came on to replace Wilf. We all know he doesn't offer what Wilf offers but he is as good as we're likely to get

as cover for Wilf without creating trouble over not playing. 

We can only play against what's in front of us, Everton were so afraid of us that they parked the bus trying to keep us out and we still managed to find a way through.

A Counter attack is very difficult to defend if it's done right. Yet he saved us when he matched Richarlson down the left wing when they outnumbered.

You underestimate any opponent at your peril, This is why Football can be so exciting. We should know that better than most. But equally the league doesn't lie either.

We will struggle if we allow them too much possession which is why I'd prefer us to play Fofana in place of Wilf to win more Ball in that area. We've got to keep them further from our Goal as they do posse players who not only can hurt us, But also shoot from distance with effect.

I still think because they play so open we can find a way through especially with Barnes pace to counter but also if we go with Under on the right.

Though I think it's more likely that we'll start with Albrighton and see Under start against Fulham .

Let's just put in a performance as we have been doing then we see where it takes us.

Enjoy the game.  

I think it would be reckless but I'd love to see little wes as a makeshift dm.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I think it would be reckless but I'd love to see little wes as a makeshift dm.

I understand what your saying but yes given our circumstances I think it's worth giving it a go. If it's not working we can always change it to a back 4.

Sometimes out of adversity in Football discoveries are made .One thing Leeds are good at is moving at pace.  In this instance I think the benefits outweigh the risks. 

3 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

If One wants to split hairs...Ndidi Losing the ball while pressing ,lost the ball , where he had 2 players to off-load to,

creating the sweeping move they scored from...

I agree or get  many of your posts, but Football ( all sport) is all about, could ofs,should ofs, might of beens...There are just times where you just Let it go...!!

I reckon Mendy , has the engine, and IMO, win that 2nd ball more often.  Wilf is taller, and has had time to show his skills &  reliability and we have taken him

to our hearts...Bit he s also made some poor mistakes, & alot of his tackle are Not preemptive, and gets caught sometimes on the wrong side...

Both have shown they learn , & have improved & developed their game....

But N'didi IMO, has the better attributes....but its not worth making a continual point out of it, situations are as they are...all Teams need decent cover,

at present , we have found  adaquate cover from suprising corners.....Whether we can Cover N'didi over a longer period ,remains mute this season,

we have what we have & now we have seen Mendy strutt his stuff & helped us in our first difficult phase help us into Top 4.

Outside a few like myself, this forum didn t give us a chance in hell, being anywhere near Top 8, Let alone competing for Top 4....

Fofana & Justin, too young & inexperienced, Vardy put  only goal source...blah, blah..etc.

Its just riding my  experiences in life, no better than others,...I prefer to wait and see, support & encourage.

We have to nurture our own stars, plus try and dip into either that Quality or Basic Investment pools occasionally then sit back & hope  for the best....

I cant see the point as a fan disecting & doing Deep analyse, over every players diverse abilities....

If One is  "The Sportsman"  then it would be totally different, One marks/ Notes every detail....

This is not taking a critical vane, but just for discussion sake......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I cant believe  that a so called pundit  namely Lawrenson  forecast a Leeds win after we hammered them  4-1 away with about 6 players out  Regardless of result any normal fan or pundit  has it down as a home banker