Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Leeds Pre Match

2 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

We’ve got the weak Chris Kavanagh reffing us today 🙄🙄

Mike Dean on VAR 🙄🙄

So there is bound to be a controversial VAR decision. Mike Dean will need to ensure he is the talking point either at half time or the end of the match.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

He took his chances though didn't he. Under hasn't. I haven't seen anything from Under at all to give him an extended run in the team over the other wingers atm.

Also I would say you can sometimes look at a player and see the potential even if they are realising it yet. I don't see anything in Under that warrants giving him anything more than the odd cameo at the minute, nor do I think we should he signing him come the summer.

I'm sorry but this has to be the worst of all the hot takes I have seen in my short time in this forum.

There's no rational way of looking at all of Under's matches for Leicester so far and then coming to the conclusion that Under doesn't show enough potential or doesn't warrant anything more than a cameo. Guess not everybody was blessed with two functioning eyes...

15 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

there used to be a team called Nivarna when we used to play as kids was always a fun occasion, there manager threatened to get a gun out of his car, players fighting each other after the match, terrible tackles in the game oh the joys lol

I know which team you mean and they were always interesting to play against lol For years they'd have some interesting characters. Personal favourite was against Camp Hill when our game as kids was called off due to what usually happens in the park 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Is it too late to say I think Mendy is quality? Lucky to still have the little fellow. Yes he isn’t the beast that Ndidi is, but I’d imagine a lot of teams would take him on the form he’s shown this season. 

As we cannot clone Ndidi, are unlikely to entice back Kante before the end of the transfer window and are dealing with injuries, it’s probably best to get behind Mendy and stop fuching whinging on. 

Exactly this, Mendy was good when Wilf was out injured before, so much so that I think Wilf was even better when he came back. We are lucky to have both each with their own strengths, but making each other better in the process.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Erm, we signed Mahrez in the championship halfway through the promotion season, we signed Gray halfway through the premier league winning campaign. Mahrez was here 2 years before Gray signed.

.....there was no one at the club at the time which prevented Mahrez from getting extensive game time!!!

With Albrighton playing as he is at the moment and a Mahrez who was new to the club, he most likely would have struggled for game time as well. Ünder is going through a time where he finds he has to impress on the very little minutes afforded to him. He is a class player, just needs a to chance to prove it with a run of games.

17 minutes ago, youngvolki said:

I'm sorry but this has to be the worst of all the hot takes I have seen in my short time in this forum.

There's no rational way of looking at all of Under's matches for Leicester so far and then coming to the conclusion that Under doesn't show enough potential or doesn't warrant anything more than a cameo. Guess not everybody was blessed with two functioning eyes...

What's he done that's so special then that warrants him getting calls each and every week to start? Please tell me what I've not seen, because apart from a couple of flashes I've not seen anything that says he should be a guaranteed starter, with loads of fans calling for him to start over others. Not saying he's been terrible, just not done enough to warrant this desperation for him to start.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....there was no one at the club at the time which prevented Mahrez from getting extensive game time!!!

With Albrighton playing as he is at the moment and a Mahrez who was new to the club, he most likely would have struggled for game time as well. Ünder is going through a time where he finds he has to impress on the very little minutes afforded to him. He is a class player, just needs a to chance to prove it with a run of games.

But you've just backed up my point, there is someone here to stop him getting game time, so why should he push that player out of the team? He's shown glimpses, but when given full games I don't think he's been that impressive that we should be getting hoards of fans week in week out calling for him to start. I won't be angry or disappointed if his name is on the team sheet today or in the future, but I won't be disappointed if its not either. He's been a bit meh so far imo, and if he pushes on fair play, but at the minute I see nothing that warrant the backing he gets. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm against him playing, nor against him getting a run of games, if it works out then great, what I'm on about is this backing he gets from a number of fans despite never showing he's up that level that would warrant it.

• Like 1

Just now, Crocyfox79 said:

Under in for mendy 

Wtf. Aside from my confusion over the desperation to start Under which is another matter, why would you drop the only defensive midfielder for a winger. Mendy and Under aren't interchangeable lol

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

He's been here 6 months and isn't managing to get a look in, despite supposedly having all those qualities. I just think maybe he's not as good as we'd hoped. He's an ok squad player, I'm sure Rodgers us happy to have him available, but clearly he's not showing enough to be be regular starter. We do want a winger with the qualities you mention, doesn't mean we should jump in with both feet at the first sign of one. I'm fine with looking again in the summer, let's get the best we can, not the first option we looked at. I mean if you were looking to buy a car, borrowed one for a year to see if you liked it, decided that even though it was quicker than your old one, you'd still rather drive your old one, then you wouldn't purchase it for big money after the loan period would you. You'd be even more annoyed when you find out you're mate shopped around and found a better, cheaper and newer one then you, because you just stumped up for the first one you looked at.

A little sketchy on the justification for writing him off. He hasn't had a real, sustained chance to prove anything. One thing is for sure - that he's direct, determined and always looking to penetrate the defence. City have persisted much longer with Gray - who's shown little of those qualities. He's an excellent go-to player if Plan A isn't going to form - because he brings a different factor to the situation. The car analogy is also inappropriate. A car doesn't adjust to the topography it encounters; it doesn't learn or get faster or more manoeuvrable and you always lose money on it.

I like his attitude and, if it's not a terrible generalisation, Turkish players appear to be tougher than the 'Latin' players. And that's useful in the Prem. I hope he gets his fair whack at proving himself.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I agree with your post I'm not really sure how anyone can say he isn't good enough from the game time we have seen from him, I thinks it is fair to say give him a bit more game  time to prove himself more. It is difficult as Sharkey is playing very well and puts in a great shift.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I think it is two fingers up at his detractors.....all in very bad taste!!!

Confirmation that it's definitely someone with a mental age of <12

Might help the club identify the leak

• Like 2

I have a feeling this may be another Villa, West Ham or Fulham at home. If they score first that will not be good. If we score I will be much more confident. The longer it goes on with no goals, the more I fear for them scoring though. 

29 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Wtf. Aside from my confusion over the desperation to start Under which is another matter, why would you drop the only defensive midfielder for a winger. Mendy and Under aren't interchangeable lol

Just saying mendy is to inconsistent