Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Leeds Pre Match

11 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

A player like what's though? Surely he's not showing the quality to the management to get into the team over the likes of Albrighton, then he's not the player we're so desperate for. He's not overly impressed when he has had chances, so I don't really understand the desperation to give him more.

...you would have said the same at the start of Mahrezs' career with us!!!

I would start Under today and use the pace of him and Barnes on the counter. Just encourage them on to us and then break. I would be astounded if they turn up and try and do an Everton. 

Kasper

Castagne  Fofana Evans Justin 

Mendy

Under      Tielemans      Barnes 

Maddison 

Perez 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

People also said the same about Demerai Gray early on - loads wanted him picked over Albrighton because he was more technically gifted.

The point is that why, when Albrighton is playing so well and that our team has looked markedly better and results have been miles better whenever Albrighton has played this season - is there an obsession with some to get Ünder in the side ahead of him?

It should be about the team, not the individual.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

He took his chances though didn't he. Under hasn't. I haven't seen anything from Under at all to give him an extended run in the team over the other wingers atm.

Also I would say you can sometimes look at a player and see the potential even if they are realising it yet. I don't see anything in Under that warrants giving him anything more than the odd cameo at the minute, nor do I think we should he signing him come the summer.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

He took his chances though didn't he. Under hasn't. I haven't seen anything from Under at all to give him an extended run in the team over the other wingers atm.

Also I would say you can sometimes look at a player and see the potential even if they are realising it yet. I don't see anything in Under that warrants giving him anything more than the odd cameo at the minute, nor do I think we should he signing him come the summer.

To be fair, playing devils advocate, they've got the same amount of assists so far. 

But I assume the reasoning from most is that Leeds will leave gaps behind to be exploited and Ünder is probably better equipped for it. 

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

To be fair, Ünder has 2 goals and 3 assists for us in around 700 minutes of football. Extrapolate that over a season, which I know is a big leap of faith, and you're talking Mahrez level numbers.

Often started against poorer team though. Also its not just about goals, its about how the team fits together. Its hard to argue we haven't been better collectively with Albrighton playing.

19 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

.. Albrighton was switched to the left wing which allowed Mahrez the opportunity to blossom!!!

Albrighton although solid on the left had to repeatedly cut back to cross with his right, but he was so effective it balanced the team.

A run of games for Ünder would be good but unless Albrighton is injured it is not going to happen. 

I am a big fan of Ünder and he needs to settle in the team before we can expect the quality he can bring.

Mahrez started out the same, he had zero competition for the right wing as the only other alternative would have been Gray.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. Albrighton was switched to the left wing which allowed Mahrez the opportunity to blossom!!!

Albrighton although solid on the left had to repeatedly cut back to cross with his right, but he was so effective it balanced the team.

A run of games for Ünder would be good but unless Albrighton is injured it is not going to happen. 

I am a big fan of Ünder and he needs to settle in the team before we can expect the quality he can bring.

Mahrez started out the same, he had zero competition for the right wing as the only other alternative would have been Gray.

Erm, we signed Mahrez in the championship halfway through the promotion season, we signed Gray halfway through the premier league winning campaign. Mahrez was here 2 years before Gray signed.

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

We have been sitting in the top four with Mendy being present in a majoirty of those games

We all know Wilf is a better player it's not rocket science however he is injured and Mendy has proved in every game that he can do as good a job as Wilf.

Whats the issue?!

I agree he's covered fairly well all things considered but let's be fair, he doesn't do as good a job as Wilf and he never will. It's good that he's improved and is more reliable as back up, but it's not exactly a like for like change.

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I agree he's covered fairly well all things considered but let's be fair, he doesn't do as good a job as Wilf and he never will. It's good that he's improved and is more reliable as back up, but it's not exactly a like for like change.

No back up option ever will be. Thats why they're the back up.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

A player like what's though? Surely he's not showing the quality to the management to get into the team over the likes of Albrighton, then he's not the player we're so desperate for. He's not overly impressed when he has had chances, so I don't really understand the desperation to give him more.

A right winger with pace who will take defenders on and score goals. Obviously hopefully Sharky will be here for a few seasons yet and its great that he's doing so well, but we need a squad not just a first XI. Cengo already has settled in and scored goals and got assists and importantly he seems to have settled into the team and is trusted by his teammates. If we don't sign him we are going to be looking again in the summer, so we might as well make use of the loan spell to help us make an informed decision about buying him, rather than have to take a chance on someone else who might not fit in as well. This is the perfect game to give him a go, hence why so many are wanting to see him get the start. 

28 minutes ago, rachhere said:

A right winger with pace who will take defenders on and score goals. Obviously hopefully Sharky will be here for a few seasons yet and its great that he's doing so well, but we need a squad not just a first XI. Cengo already has settled in and scored goals and got assists and importantly he seems to have settled into the team and is trusted by his teammates. If we don't sign him we are going to be looking again in the summer, so we might as well make use of the loan spell to help us make an informed decision about buying him, rather than have to take a chance on someone else who might not fit in as well. This is the perfect game to give him a go, hence why so many are wanting to see him get the start. 

He's been here 6 months and isn't managing to get a look in, despite supposedly having all those qualities. I just think maybe he's not as good as we'd hoped. He's an ok squad player, I'm sure Rodgers us happy to have him available, but clearly he's not showing enough to be be regular starter. We do want a winger with the qualities you mention, doesn't mean we should jump in with both feet at the first sign of one. I'm fine with looking again in the summer, let's get the best we can, not the first option we looked at. I mean if you were looking to buy a car, borrowed one for a year to see if you liked it, decided that even though it was quicker than your old one, you'd still rather drive your old one, then you wouldn't purchase it for big money after the loan period would you. You'd be even more annoyed when you find out you're mate shopped around and found a better, cheaper and newer one then you, because you just stumped up for the first one you looked at.

59 minutes ago, dayday said:

If you watched the Leeds away game, Barnes and Vardy was superb on the counter, pace on the break is a big asset against these,  that’s why I think Under has to start in front of Albrighton.

As good as Albrighton has been I just dont think it’s his kind of a game today.

Also think MA will be needed vs Fulham who are actually OK at the mo, especially down their left. Not to mention they've already beaten us once this season already.

I just really hope Under has a good 60-70 mins of hard running in him today.

Edited by sdb

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

He's been here 6 months and isn't managing to get a look in, despite supposedly having all those qualities. I just think maybe he's not as good as we'd hoped. He's an ok squad player, I'm sure Rodgers us happy to have him available, but clearly he's not showing enough to be be regular starter. We do want a winger with the qualities you mention, doesn't mean we should jump in with both feet at the first sign of one. I'm fine with looking again in the summer, let's get the best we can, not the first option we looked at. I mean if you were looking to buy a car, borrowed one for a year to see if you liked it, decided that even though it was quicker than your old one, you'd still rather drive your old one, then you wouldn't purchase it for big money after the loan period would you. You'd be even more annoyed when you find out you're mate shopped around and found a better, cheaper and newer one then you, because you just stumped up for the first one you looked at.

It's more complicated than that though isn't it. We had injuries so changed our system which he didn't fit into, then he got injured. It was also acknowledged when he first joined that his fitness wasn't what it needed to be, so he had to work on that. We are literally only half way through the season - let's just watch and see what happens. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Don't get the obsession with him starting. Albrighton is playing out of his skin and deserves his spot and Barnes is one of our star players. Haven't seen anything from Under that would make me so desperate for him to start.

Not aimed at you btw, just see a lot of people calling for him to start every week.

Simply put i dont think we can start a front 3 of barnes perez and albrighton. Where are the goals going to come from? Barnes and maddison maybe but we cant rely on those two to score regularly. Albrighton works when we have vardy who is incredible at scoring from very little, without vardy we need another goal threat and our only option is under.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Pitch looks a bit battered for today

I've played on worse ...   I recall one game against a team of inbreds from Hinckley where if you stood on the touchline you couldn't see the feet of a player on the other side ...   between matches the grass wasn't cut, but chain harrowed by a tractor.

Funnily enough that was the same match where a cop car went by sirens blazing and 4 of their players ran off ...    :)

7 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Simply put i dont think we can start a front 3 of barnes perez and albrighton. Where are the goals going to come from? Barnes and maddison maybe but we cant rely on those two to score regularly. Albrighton works when we have vardy who is incredible at scoring from very little, without vardy we need another goal threat and our only option is under.

Tbf, the calls for him to start have been going on long before Vardy got injured, which I did mention in my original post regarding this.

11 minutes ago, rachhere said:

It's more complicated than that though isn't it. We had injuries so changed our system which he didn't fit into, then he got injured. It was also acknowledged when he first joined that his fitness wasn't what it needed to be, so he had to work on that. We are literally only half way through the season - let's just watch and see what happens. 

If he was that good, we wouldn't have switched formation, we'd have fitted him in. Maybe he'll turn out to be amazing, maybe he won't. But right now I'm just not getting the desperation to start him every week from some fans. If he does play week in week out and shows quality, then fair enough, but he's done nothing so far to gain this backing he's receiving.

11 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I've played on worse ...   I recall one game against a team of inbreds from Hinckley where if you stood on the touchline you couldn't see the feet of a player on the other side ...   between matches the grass wasn't cut, but chain harrowed by a tractor.

Funnily enough that was the same match where a cop car went by sirens blazing and 4 of their players ran off ...    :)

there used to be a team called Nivarna when we used to play as kids was always a fun occasion, there manager threatened to get a gun out of his car, players fighting each other after the match, terrible tackles in the game oh the joys lol