Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Leeds Pre Match

13 minutes ago, Mark said:

If Ndidi is out I hope that doesn't mean the back five.

I don't think so. Unlike before, Brendan has all of his preferred defence available. The back five was a makeshift formation in response to injuries. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, harpendenfox said:

This thread needs to descend into negativity quick time or we’re doomed. Learn your lesson happy posters. 

Assuming the worst is the best way, especially in pre match threads

Rodgers out? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Kasper

Pereira - Fofana - Soyuncu - Justin

Mendy - Tielemans

Under - Maddison - Barnes

Perez

That's on the basis that Ndidi and Evans are out, and it's a good chance to get Pereira back in the side and give him a full 90 on home turf. Will no doubt find lots of space to attack in as Leeds love to get their defenders up the pitch.

I love how direct Under is, especially seeing it tonight when he came on. Gives us on the right what Barnes can give us on the left. 

Like the look of that lineup. :appl:

Kasper

Mendy - Tielemans

Perez

The team I would pick as well assuming Evan's is out. These are the poor man's Liverpool and If we can get past their initial press which is less difficult than against most pressing teams given their lowr caliber of player then the pace of Under and Barnes should hopefully bring us some joy.

Edited by Gubbins
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Kasper

Mendy - Tielemans

Perez

That's on the basis that Ndidi and Evans are out, and it's a good chance to get Pereira back in the side and give him a full 90 on home turf. Will no doubt find lots of space to attack in as Leeds love to get their defenders up the pitch.

I love how direct Under is, especially seeing it tonight when he came on. Gives us on the right what Barnes can give us on the left. 

Im wary of starting pereira in the PL so soon, especially against such a high intensity side like leeds. Think castagne should be the starter just a little while longer and give pereira some time to get back to full fitness, dont want him doing his hamstring again.

• Like 2

Well I just hope Sky have managed to plan a full hour long pre-match special on what makes Leeds so formidable under Bielsa. Its such a shame that Pochetino won't be able to attend this time, hopefully they'll still manage to shoe-horn in a 15 minute segment on Spurs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

Just do exactly what we did last time. Defend deep, hit on the break. Unlike Everton, Leeds will make all the space for us without us having to work for it.

Their super duper manager, will have taken note...!!

• Haha 1