Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

TV Quiz Shows

48 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I've seen a couple of times when they've won on their own for that very reason.

Also when all 4 are in, they often get in a mess as they all wait for each other if none of them know the answers rather than passing so they end up playing so slowly.

Yes it seems very rare that when everyone gets back to the final chase they are all in sync. 

19 minutes ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

This is an OQL game of the week with some people you might recognise. You might find it boring though as it’s not very fast paced. 

What's the finger thing they do as a question is being answered? Is it how confident they feel about the answer in case someone gets it wrong?

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What's the finger thing they do as a question is being answered? Is it how confident they feel about the answer in case someone gets it wrong?

Yeah it’s a full hand or fist for dead certain and then descending fingers for less confident. If you get your question wrong the team captain then nominates someone else to have a go. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

Yeah it’s a full hand or fist for dead certain and then descending fingers for less confident. If you get your question wrong the team captain then nominates someone else to have a go. 

The way the reader says the Eiffel 65 question is gold lol 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The way the reader says the Eiffel 65 question is gold lol 

They run some individual competitions aswell that are good fun. I think there’s some videos of those on there aswell, the one at the minute is specifically lowbrow stuff which I enjoy a lot more than periodic tables and Greek philosophy.

I've always been tempted to go on countdown. It's only generally the ones who come up with absurd, never heard of them words who beat me in the comfort of my own home. It's the fear of that that's stopped me going on, that I'd get embarrassed by a top player. There was a woman on last week who won 8 and she was bang average and I beat her comfortably every day, luck of the draw I guess, the 2 who were on today would have both beaten her for sure. 

I have to say I am really enjoying all of these recent posts teasing hints out of Howlin!

Fair play to the bloke although- he is handing it all well and teasing out some cryptic posts.  

Edited by The Blur

8 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I've always been tempted to go on countdown. It's only generally the ones who come up with absurd, never heard of them words who beat me in the comfort of my own home. It's the fear of that that's stopped me going on, that I'd get embarrassed by a top player. There was a woman on last week who won 8 and she was bang average and I beat her comfortably every day, luck of the draw I guess, the 2 who were on today would have both beaten her for sure. 

The loser on Fridays Countdown show kept saying 'constonant' instead of consonant when picking the letters. Was winding me up far more than it should have.

13 minutes ago, The Syrup said:

The loser on Fridays Countdown show kept saying 'constonant' instead of consonant when picking the letters. Was winding me up far more than it should have.

Shouldn't be allowed on the show. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

Were you on the series won by the string section? I played a quiz last night on zoom and there was a guy in it that said he’d been on 17 shows. Online Quiz League is good fun, there’s even a Leicester quiz league when the world goes back to normal.

No, my series was won by the Verbivores, who had all won a series of Countdown(!) Strangely, they were rubbish until the semi final and then became invincible... 

This is the outro to one of mine: 

Anyone been watching Bank Balance hosted by Gordon Ramsay? 

I think it's decent but looks fvcking ridiculously hard to win the big money. Based on this first series the tactic seems to be to get to the 'Bank a Stack' credit and go big on that one to try and take some money from the game. Otherwise it looks totally impossible. Questions seem fairly easy in the main. 

34 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone been watching Bank Balance hosted by Gordon Ramsay? 

I think it's decent but looks fvcking ridiculously hard to win the big money. Based on this first series the tactic seems to be to get to the 'Bank a Stack' credit and go big on that one to try and take some money from the game. Otherwise it looks totally impossible. Questions seem fairly easy in the main. 

Yeah, I've watched it.

Not a bad format, but as you say, ridiculously hard to balance everything. 

I thought the couple last week, with the Northern Irish girl, were actually going to do it.

There's been some proper thick bastards on there though. Unbelievably thick actually. 

15 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Yeah, I've watched it.

Not a bad format, but as you say, ridiculously hard to balance everything. 

I thought the couple last week, with the Northern Irish girl, were actually going to do it.

There's been some proper thick bastards on there though. Unbelievably thick actually. 

There were 2 lads on earlier this week (can't remember their names) and they got to the final stack, only a few bars away from winning. Incredibly tricky though with the short time limits. 

Then totally opposite two elderly twin ladies don't even get past the first couple of stacks. Could tell right from the start they wouldn't have got far. 

• Like 1

I'm going to say it...

I actually quite like The Wall lol

Mainly because I can sit there for 45 minutes on a Saturday evening doing my best Danny Dyer impression and keep shouting "drop 'em".

Then the emotional duologue at the end, before they reveal if they signed the contract or not!

It's utter garbage, but entertaining, nonetheless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

I'm going to say it...

I actually quite like The Wall lol

Mainly because I can sit there for 45 minutes on a Saturday evening doing my best Danny Dyer impression and keep shouting "drop 'em".

Then the emotional duologue at the end, before they reveal if they signed the contract or not!

It's utter garbage, but entertaining, nonetheless. 

Yeah, when I saw it I thought it was going to be hideous but it's got something about it. 

I've changed my view on Danny Dyer over the years. I used to think he was a prat on Football Factories and played the Cockney geezer too much, but now it seems he doesn't take himself too seriously and has more of a laugh.

On 13/03/2021 at 08:24, The Syrup said:

Countdown will sorely miss Nick Hewer imo. He comes across as really nice bloke. My sister, who has been in the audience several times (pre-Covid-19) said that he's also a real hypochondriac. The prospect of Anne Robinson in the hot seat isn't very enthralling. Her working alongside Susie Dent and RR long-term feels like a recipe for disaster. When the guy currently do it, Colin Murray, says 'pens down', it reminds me of school exams. It's a curious fact that, like Scrabble, all the letters are capital letters, despite the fact that words starting with capital letters (proper nouns) aren't allowed. The numbers round would be improved if powers were permitted, not just the four basic arithmetic operations.  

Watched The Chase today (sadly all the early evening slot quizzes are now repeats) and there were two great moments.

First the guy who thought that the Bible had the 4 commandments in it.

Second, the woman who said he speciality cooking dish was Apple crumble because of the special secret ingredient she puts in it... cinnamon!

Who would have guessed cinnamon would go with Apple!? I mean, that's just crazy right? lol

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Watched The Chase today (sadly all the early evening slot quizzes are now repeats) and there were two great moments.

First the guy who thought that the Bible had the 4 commandments in it.

Second, the woman who said he speciality cooking dish was Apple crumble because of the special secret ingredient she puts in it... cinnamon!

Who would have guessed cinnamon would go with Apple!? I mean, that's just crazy right? lol

lol We all laughed when she came out with the secret ingredient. Mother in law was like 'F*** she on about' lol