Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

TV Quiz Shows

On 15/02/2021 at 16:04, Suzie the Fox said:

ā€œIā€™ll have a B please Bobā€ was the only one I really enjoyed and that was when I was a kid (Canā€™t remember the name of the show)Ā 

Ā 

Donā€™t mind pointless or the chase being onĀ when Iā€™m inĀ the kitchen cooking.Ā 

Blockbusters!

Ā 

Image result for bob holness

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

Bit of revision for the chase yesterday I thought Iā€™d put challenge on. It was a 1990 episode of take your pick with Des Oā€™Connor and the questions were things like ā€œwhat is a Charleston?ā€ and ā€œWho is the US President?ā€

Have you got a date for filming yet?

6 minutes ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

Yeah, I filmed yesterday. But Iā€™m sworn to secrecy on the result.

It's O.K. you can trust us. We won't tell anyoneĀ :claudio:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

Bit of revision for the chase yesterday I thought Iā€™d put challenge on. It was a 1990 episode of take your pick with Des Oā€™Connor and the questions were things like ā€œwhat is a Charleston?ā€ and ā€œWho is the US President?ā€

My memory is hazy but I thought Take Your Pick only featured the YES/NO game?

17 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

My memory is hazy but I thought Take Your Pick only featured the YES/NO game?

That was the qualifying round I think, then in the next round they asked some questions, before they offered you cash for the contents of your box?Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

That was the qualifying round I think, then in the next round they asked some questions, before they offered you cash for the contents of your box?Ā 

Yeah I didnā€™t really remember the format, but there was a really easy general knowledge question to get a key on the bit I watched.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

Yeah, I filmed yesterday. But Iā€™m sworn to secrecy on the result.

Can you say when your episode is due to be aired?Ā 

Ā 

I'm still waiting to hear back from my application. If I'm right in thinking someone on here said they were waiting years for a response?! (might have been you!)Ā 

Just now, StanSP said:

Can you say when your episode is due to be aired?Ā 

Ā 

I'm still waiting to hear back from my application. If I'm right in thinking someone on here said they were waiting years for a response?! (might have been you!)Ā 

They said sometime early summer but theyā€™d give me two weeks notice. I think I applied in 2016, auditioned just before Christmas and was only on the shortlist a couple of months. Iā€™m surprised I even got on because Iā€™m not very extrovert and have auditioned for loads over the years and this was the first thing I got on.

• Like 1

Just now, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

They said sometime early summer but theyā€™d give me two weeks notice. I think I applied in 2016, auditioned just before Christmas and was only on the shortlist a couple of months. Iā€™m surprised I even got on because Iā€™m not very extrovert and have auditioned for loads over the years and this was the first thing I got on.

Nice, hope you bagged lots of cash!Ā 

• Like 1

I was on Only Connect.

Ā 

A completely brilliant experience from start to finish, I loved almost every moment. Still watch it and think itā€™s great-it suits my brain because if you almost know something you can still get the answer, itā€™s not just knowing a particular fact or other...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

I was on Only Connect.

Ā 

A completely brilliant experience from start to finish, I loved almost every moment. Still watch it and think itā€™s great-it suits my brain because if you almost know something you can still get the answer, itā€™s not just knowing a particular fact or other...

I am so jealous. What series was that? How was Victoria? What was your weird intro bit? So many questions lol.Ā 

Ā 

It's comfortably my favourite of the quizzes and the only one I will watch every episode of without fail. I appreciate that it's niche, but once you're in you are hooked I think.Ā 

Ā 

I often wonder what my opening would be and I think I'd go with 'was once given breakdown advice by Andy Townsend'. It's a good level of niche, but not too niche.Ā 

22 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

I was on Only Connect.

Ā 

I often find this is the case on a lot of quiz shows. You don't have to specifically know a fact about something, you can make a lot of educated guesses and have a better chance of getting it.Ā 

Ā 

The most annoying thing is when there's an answer that could be given, but they pass. Like 'what century was [person X] born?' you don't have toĀ knowĀ it to get it right. Just guess!! You might get lucky.Ā 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

I am so jealous. What series was that? How was Victoria? What was your weird intro bit? So many questions lol.Ā 

Ā 

It's comfortably my favourite of the quizzes and the only one I will watch every episode of without fail. I appreciate that it's niche, but once you're in you are hooked I think.Ā 

Ā 

I often wonder what my opening would be and I think I'd go with 'was once given breakdown advice by Andy Townsend'. It's a good level of niche, but not too niche.Ā 

We filmed it in spring 2016, broadcast 2016/17.Ā We actually went quite deep, so there were 7 episodes in the normal series and 1 special.Ā 
Ā 

Victoria was great, she is seriously bright (itā€™s not an act). Shorter than you expect, and at that moment had a very new baby, so a bit less sociable than we were told she normallyĀ is. But really lovely, and a total pro.

Ā 

Iā€™m going to have to look up my intros! We had a filthy outro where she talked about getting over excited and covered in quizm, which amazingly made it through the censors...

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I often find this is the case on a lot of quiz shows. You don't have to specifically know a fact about something, you can make a lot of educated guesses and have a better chance of getting it.Ā 

Ā 

The most annoying thing is when there's an answer that could be given, but they pass. Like 'what century was [person X] born?' you don't have toĀ knowĀ it to get it right. Just guess!! You might get lucky.Ā 

Absolutely true. Iā€™m good at quizzes, and I swear itā€™s just that Iā€™m good at guessing stuff...

2 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

We filmed it in spring 2016, broadcast 2016/17.Ā We actually went quite deep, so there were 7 episodes in the normal series and 1 special.Ā 
Ā 

Victoria was great, she is seriously bright (itā€™s not an act). Shorter than you expect, and at that moment had a very new baby, so a bit less sociable than we were told she normallyĀ is. But really lovely, and a total pro.

Ā 

Iā€™m going to have to look up my intros! We had a filthy outro where she talked about getting over excited and covered in quizm, which amazingly made it through the censors...

Sounds great, I do vaguely remember somebody mentioning that they were either from Leicester or supported Leicester so may have been yourself!

Ā 

Glad to hear she's as delightful offscreen as on, I think her and David Mitchell would be well up there with ideal 'couple friends'. I do remember when she was on episode of QI and Stephen Fry did an Only Connect style question that Jack Whitehall got before her and she looked genuinely livid.Ā 

Ā 

Amazing; though I would have been disappointed to not hear any reference to Michael Portillo. The intros and outros really make the programme, but again if you're only switching on for the first time I imagine it's utterly bizarre.Ā Ā 

• Like 1