Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

TV Quiz Shows

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

In terms of choosing the next person answering the question, what was the best tactic? Go for those with 3 lights or pick off those with one?

I wouldn't have had a strategy.  Answer at least one question correctly in the first round & anything else would be a bonus.  I never saw myself winning anything. 

I suppose it's similar to The Weakest Link.  Pick off the weakest first.........or anyone you chatted to before filming, who seemed a bit of a dick.  

Anyone seen today's House of Games?

In the 'Where is Kazakhstan' round, there's a map of Africa and they have to guess where Atlas Mountains are.

One of them, Kate Robbins, confidently says 'I think they're in Nepal so I've gone west of South Africa'.

:frusty:

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

In the 'Where is Kazakhstan' round, there's a map of Africa and they have to guess where Atlas Mountains are.

One of them, Kate Robbins, confidently says 'I think they're in Nepal so I've gone west of South Africa'.

Sounds as thick as the girl in todays Tipping Point, asked which sea the River Rhine flows into, she says "I've never heard of the River Rhine", which is bad enough in itself, but then Ben Sheppard says " but you're a geography student" . It was multiple choice & fortunately for her she guessed right.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Worth digging out the week with Jay Blades on if you want to see someone being spectacularly thick.

Dion Dublin really annoyed me when he was on because he just gave up too easily. It's like he wasn't trying.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Today on Tipping Point; "Bulgaria and Georgia have a coastline on which sea?" Is it the Arctic Ocean? 

Why would you want to go on a quiz show and show the world how dim you are?

Bill Shankly statue. She knew the answer but passed it to her friend who said Stamford bridge 🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

Today on Tipping Point; "Bulgaria and Georgia have a coastline on which sea?" Is it the Arctic Ocean? 

Why would you want to go on a quiz show and show the world how dim you are?

She also said that the daughter of Henry 8th &  Catherine of Aragon, who later became queen was Victoria the 2nd! She was beyond dim.

• Haha 1

Watched an old Weakest Link episode on Challenge earlier (Anne Robinson as the host) and there was a Mathematician student on there.

Anne asked him: "What's 91 - 11?" He replied: "70?" :whistle:

Edited by Wymsey

On 13/02/2021 at 07:39, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

I’ve been to a few auditions for some of these programmes and a lot of the time they want the people that don’t know anything. I did one for the chase before Christmas and they look for personality before they look for knowledge.

So you’re clever, but boring?

• Haha 1