Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Do you think we have any pre-contract agreements in place?

Yea apparently Messi's coming if they don't make next seasons champions league :ph34r:

I'd imagine the only 'agreements' we may have are flexible ones dependent of what competitions we're in next season .... ie someone like Otavio/Thauvin may have been spoken to and agreed to sit down with us in June if we're in the CL etc? Because of their form they may be attracting the bigger clubs around Europe in the CL, and our only pulling power on top of that is that our leagues better than the Bundesliga/Serie A etc.... although if true, and Thauvins being watched by Milan, you wouldn't blame him for wanting to live in that climate over the surroundings of Leicestershire would you

The only one I can think of  is Under....... wha'ts the actual agreement with regards to making his signing permanent, although, I get the feeling Rodgers must be looking at an alternative as he can't get a kick in the EPL, and from the very little I have seen on him, he isn't an upgrade of what we already have (so far), so seems kind of pointless, although we were trying to replace Hamza with Chalobah, so you never know

45 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Yea apparently Messi's coming if they don't make next seasons champions league :ph34r:

I'd imagine the only 'agreements' we may have are flexible ones dependent of what competitions we're in next season .... ie someone like Otavio/Thauvin may have been spoken to and agreed to sit down with us in June if we're in the CL etc? Because of their form they may be attracting the bigger clubs around Europe in the CL, and our only pulling power on top of that is that our leagues better than the Bundesliga/Serie A etc.... although if true, and Thauvins being watched by Milan, you wouldn't blame him for wanting to live in that climate over the surroundings of Leicestershire would you

The only one I can think of  is Under....... wha'ts the actual agreement with regards to making his signing permanent, although, I get the feeling Rodgers must be looking at an alternative as he can't get a kick in the EPL, and from the very little I have seen on him, he isn't an upgrade of what we already have (so far), so seems kind of pointless, although we were trying to replace Hamza with Chalobah, so you never know

We’re soon going to need a new reference for hyperbolic signings for comic effect . I’m not sure Messi will cut it for much longer . If he was genuinely lined up my first thought after “he’ll cost a f****** fortune “ would be “ his legs must be gone “ 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, turlo said:

the players we're potentially talking to will be holding on until closer to the time to get the best possible deal, especially if a number of clubs are trying to sign them. 

They're probably also waiting to see if we or others are in the CL/EL.

• Like 1

On 10/02/2021 at 08:58, AKCJ said:

The club would announce it if we did.

On 10/02/2021 at 11:56, filbertway said:

If we did we would announce them. Literally no reason not to announce it if it's a done deal.

I don't think they would, as it would send a message out to someone like Under that we probably aren't signing him (if we announced a winger) or that a midfielder (Praet or Choudhury) is going to be even further down the pecking order next season, which could affect how they play this season.

We know that some contracts have been sorted for many weeks or even months before being announced officially by the club, they keep their cards very close to their chests and have done for a long time now.

On 10/02/2021 at 12:19, Pliskin said:

I have a 60 million year pre-contract in place with sky.... price increase every two minutes by £50. 

Was 60 million the initial offer?or.. does it include the 50 increments recieved to date as well as the initial fee? how long has it been in place? That way we could all have barrow loads of fun working out the initial fee due to the length of time and additional increments. Start your own thread!