Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

31 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....would be fantastic to pick him up....but there are other priorities such as on the right and the forward position!!!

Olise could be seen as a luxury, we would have the midfield covered by Sowah and KDH not forgetting Tavares, it is not easy to work out what Brendan will view as his type of player but someone like Olise would get the King Power off their seat when we all get back.

Does anyone seriously think that Sowah, KDH & Tavares are going to improve their games to such an extent that all three are likely to be getting significant minutes for us next season?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I find it strange that he is still at Sassuolo, gets linked to the big Italian clubs all the time but just never seems to move, seems like he loves it there

Can see him doing a De Rossi / Totti and just never leaving them

Would absolutely take him at Leicester though, but no doubt it would probably cost quite a lot to get him

Repeatedly said he doesn't want to leave Sassuolo, let alone Italy.

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Does anyone seriously think that Sowah, KDH & Tavares are going to improve their games to such an extent that all three are likely to be getting significant minutes for us next season?

I'd not expect all 3 to be part of the fully fit first 20 players but as part of the 25 then I think if we have as many games as we've had this season and injuries etc that they would give us options better than we currently have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

....yes!!!

KDH would have got game time this season, Sowah could have covered the Right Wing and covered the midfield positions this season and Tavares did get his minutes on the pitch this season. All about depth.

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....yes!!!

KDH would have got game time this season, Sowah could have covered the Right Wing and covered the midfield positions this season and Tavares did get his minutes on the pitch this season. All about depth.

But just how well would they have done this? They may have got some time this year, if available, but that's only down to the awful injuries we've had. 

They have given us better options than this year but are all three going to make a significant step up and be able to play at the level we require?

I hope you and Ric are correct but I just can't see three players with no experience at this level sudenly kicking on and being the answer to our prayers.

Edited by hackneyfox

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

We won the league with a team full of players that other managers didn't rate.

Leicester City are now one of Europe's major clubs we won't get many bargains in the future. That is why it is vital that we produce our own top class players like Barnes and to a lesser extent Chilwell. We payed big money for Tielemans and Fofana and they have been very good business but others have been less so.

3 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

But just how well would they have done this?

They have given us better options than this year but are all three going to make a significant step up and be able to play at the level we require?

I hope you and Ric are correct but I just can't see three players with no experience at this level sudenly kicking on and being the answer to our prayers.

I don't think anyone feels like the will be the answer to our prayers but given the financial landscape of football right now, no one, much less us are going to be spending big on squad players which is what the likes of Sowah and KDH will be. 

Youri and Barnes are mainstays in our team, having these guys as back up without having to spend will allow us to focus our resources on more urgent positions

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Leicester City are now one of Europe's major clubs we won't get many bargains in the future. That is why it is vital that we produce our own top class players like Barnes and to a lesser extent Chilwell. We payed big money for Tielemans and Fofana and they have been very good business but others have been less so.

You've just given two grade A examples of spending big on young talent paying off. 

• Like 1

If Trincao was made available, which is very unlikely, there would be a bidding war. The price would go north of 40 million and no doubt heavyweight clubs would be involved. Have we ever outbid one of the big city clubs for a player? If we are going to do that in the future we will need to generate a lot more money than we do right now.

18 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If Trincao was made available, which is very unlikely, there would be a bidding war. The price would go north of 40 million and no doubt heavyweight clubs would be involved. Have we ever outbid one of the big city clubs for a player? If we are going to do that in the future we will need to generate a lot more money than we do right now.

Barca have previous of selling such players for quite reasonable prices and often to Everton. See Digne, Gomes, Mina etc

Its pretty certain that given Albrighton's age and the underwhelming performance of our other wide recruitments, we are going to have to find a candidate soon. It probably won't be Trincao but whoever it is needs to be a quality player with pedigree. This will not be cheap but we have to show that we are properly in the market. The crux is we need to do this without selling one of our important players .If we can do this then we can really say we are one of the big boys.

I understand Liverpool have the option on Ozan Kabak at the end of the loan. If they decide not to go for him I think we should be very interested.

Edited by gurru991
Spelling

3 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Whatever else Maddison may be, he is one hell of a football player ! 

We would be crazy to sell him as he comes into his peak years. It would be a sale that we would look back on in years to come & ask ourselves "What the feck were we thinking"

He will be sold eventually. But for more than we got for Harry that's for sure. 

10 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Whatever else Maddison may be, he is one hell of a football player ! 

We would be crazy to sell him as he comes into his peak years. It would be a sale that we would look back on in years to come & ask ourselves "What the feck were we thinking"

Disagree! Completely disrespected the club and just posted over £60m in losses. Why stretch the club with players that don’t care? Sell and get the players Brendan wants. Fergie one of the greatest wouldn’t hang onto a player like that. 

Edited by Heymister2015
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Disagree! Completely disrespected the club and just posted over £60m in losses. Why stretch the club with players that don’t care? Sell and get the players Brendan wants. Fergie one of the greatest wouldn’t hang onto a player like that. 

Get real, what you're saying is that we sell Madison, Perez, Chaudhry, Barnes, sack Morgan?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Disrespecting the club & 60 M in losses are two completely different things. All clubs lost money & for that reason everyone expects transfer prices to drop. To sell JM in a buyers market is poor business when he is considered to be top ten in AM's .  I assume you intend to sell Perez, Choudhury & Barnes while cutting ties with Morgan or is it just Maddison who has peed in your cornflakes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Disrespecting the club & 60 M in losses are two completely different things. All clubs lost money & for that reason everyone expects transfer prices to drop. To sell JM in a buyers market is poor business when he is considered to be top ten in AM's .  I assume you intend to sell Perez, Choudhury & Barnes while cutting ties with Morgan or is it just Maddison who has peed in your cornflakes.

Go easy on him/her he's/she's only 6 years old.