Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

It would be a very expensive gamble though with him.

I can see him ending up at PSG come the summer with Poch.

Yeah it would be an expensive risk but would worth looking at. Even a loan with an option to buy. 

But yeah he will probably go to PSG. 

Linked with Ismaël Doukouré from Valenciennes again - we were linked to him a couple of weeks ago

http://sportwitness.co.uk/everton-leicester-e6-8m-prodigy-help-break-clubs-record-sale-face-huge-competition/

Everton and Leicester both after €6-8m prodigy – Would help break club’s record sale, face huge competition

Following the success of Wesley Fofana this season, it isn’t surprising to see Leicester City once again named alongside a young French defender.

The player is Ismaël Doukouré, currently under contract at Valenciennes in Ligue 2, and there’s a strong chance this will be the 17-year-old’s last season with the club.

Breaking into the first-team and impressing, the player is being watched by almost every club under the sun, including Everton and Leicester, who were already linked two weeks ago.

Barcelona, Juventus, Borussia Mönchengladbach and Arsenal are just a few in the list of clubs published by La Voix des Sports on Monday who are competing with the Foxes and the Toffees for the player’s services going forward.

Recently equalling their record sale with Kevin Cabral’s transfer to LA Galaxy, Valenciennes are fairly certain it won’t last long, with Doukouré expected to top that in the near future.

Not by much, mind, since Covid-19 and the financial crisis it has caused hasn’t exactly helped the Ligue 2 side, and La Voix des Sports reckon the club’s owner, Eddy Zdziech, will ask for around €6-8m to open talks for his prodigy.

That’s a fee that is easily attainable for both Leicester and Everton, who despite the economic struggles, will still have a fair chunk to spend in the summer thanks to their Premier League money.

Any purchase of Doukouré by Carlo Ancelotti or Brendan Rodgers certainly wouldn’t be for the immediate future, although with the way things have gone for Fofana, never say never.

4 hours ago, goose2010 said:

It might not be a likable choice with some but I would see if we could tempt Dele Ali. He is another mis managed player and could easily be another Lingard. 

People will say about his attitude etc etc. But these will be the same people saying exactly the same about Lingard. Under the right manager he could get back on track and be one of the best AM's in the league. 

but like Lingard he has to play as a 10 to be effective, so unless Maddison goes we don't have a place for him

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

We don’t get much of a mention, mainly about Arsenal, but I imagine we are going to be linked with Edouard until he is pictured holding up the shirt of his new team

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/04/12/arsenal-battle-leicester-city-celtic-strikerodsonne-edouard/

He ticks a lot of boxes , powerful and aggressive, 6-2 and would be affordable. We should be working on this one now.

I think the general preference is to see how KDH will slot in to the first-team picture next season, but if that wasn't to happen I wonder if we should have a little nibble at Harry Winks, providing Mourinho remains in charge at Spurs.

I think he'd fit in very nicely as the second choice in the Tielemans role and considering the number of injuries we've had in the midfield this season I think he'd get a good number of games for us.

The stumbling block would probably be the fee as I can imagine Spurs wanting to get as much as they can despite him barely getting a kick, but I think he'd be a good fit in this team, would work well with Rodgers would be a decent option providing we don't also go in for Soumaré, McGregor or someone else.

29 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

If we miss out on top 4 but still sign edouard, Soumare and a quality winger I’ll be happy 

If we miss out on top 4, Youri’s probably gone. If that happens it will be a shit window regardless of incomings 

8 hours ago, goose2010 said:

It might not be a likable choice with some but I would see if we could tempt Dele Ali. He is another mis managed player and could easily be another Lingard. 

People will say about his attitude etc etc. But these will be the same people saying exactly the same about Lingard. Under the right manager he could get back on track and be one of the best AM's in the league. 

Don't recall people questioning Lingard's attitude as much as his ability. 

Dele Alli would be a "No" for me. His purported attitude aside, he's beginning to look like another Barkley.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Lad said:

If we miss out on top 4, Youri’s probably gone. If that happens it will be a shit window regardless of incomings 

Probably Madders IMHO, he is as talented and few clubs already showed interest in the past. He has the mercenary quality built-in to his character, next opportunity that'll comes up, he's gone.

What about Okay Yokuslu playing at WBA on loan from Celta Viga? Haven't seen much of him but one of their fans says he's been excellent. CM/CDM but can also play at CB. 6'3". 4.5 M on Transfermarkt, 2 years left on contract. 

1 hour ago, BlackFox said:

Probably Madders IMHO, he is as talented and few clubs already showed interest in the past. He has the mercenary quality built-in to his character, next opportunity that'll comes up, he's gone.

Not a bad thing though! Safeguards the club financially 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackFox said:

I might be wrong but I believe that Maddison has longer left on his contract. Tielemans has two years which means this summer is a case of him signing a new deal or the club will sell whilst the price is desirable.

5 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

YT is a class player of course but if we did sell this summer the money we’d get we should be able to replace we’re talking Atleast 80m for him surely

If we miss out on the Champions League, we could make all the money in the world off of Tielemans and we’d still struggle to adequately replace him. Even if money wasn’t an issue, unless there’s an absolute gem that the club are looking at, nobody of his quality is going to be looking at us as a realistic destination. 

He walks into pretty much every starting 11 on the planet bar a handful.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

YT is a class player of course but if we did sell this summer the money we’d get we should be able to replace we’re talking Atleast 80m for him surely

Don’t agree with this. Probably the only irreplaceable player in this team. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, FoxCal said:

If we miss out on the Champions League, we could make all the money in the world off of Tielemans and we’d still struggle to adequately replace him. Even if money wasn’t an issue, unless there’s an absolute gem that the club are looking at, nobody of his quality is going to be looking at us as a realistic destination

34 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Don’t agree with this. Probably the only irreplaceable player in this team. 

We signed YT with no European football and with enough money from his sale we could get 21-24 year old who’s just a bit off being ready for the elite 

Edited by FoxOnWheels

2 hours ago, enmac said:

What about Okay Yokuslu playing at WBA on loan from Celta Viga? Haven't seen much of him but one of their fans says he's been excellent. CM/CDM but can also play at CB. 6'3". 4.5 M on Transfermarkt, 2 years left on contract. 

Looks a hard case. Reminds me of Marcin but OK looks a better passer.