Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

Is it just me or is Edouard a very similar player to Iheanacho? Surely if we sign another striker we would want someone to partner him and offer different attributes - maybe pace, aerial ability, making better runs. Not to mention this guy's mentality seems to lack a little. Let West Ham have him, I want Daka, who is more similar to Vardy, which makes a lot more sense as Vardy is quite old, not to mention Daka has worked very well on the left wing before so if Barnes gets injured again we have cover for him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Is it just me or is Edouard a very similar player to Iheanacho? Surely if we sign another striker we would want someone to partner him and offer different attributes - maybe pace, aerial ability, making better runs. Not to mention this guy's mentality seems to lack a little. Let West Ham have him, I want Daka, who is more similar to Vardy, which makes a lot more sense as Vardy is quite old, not to mention Daka has worked very well on the left wing before so if Barnes gets injured again we have cover for him.

Daka is a real project. I love the idea of signing him and (Edouard aside) think he could be a special talent.  Have no idea how he’d fair against Premier League defenders though. I reckon there might be a bit of a settling in period - like about 18 months! Dunno, good shout and exciting player but don’t know just how good he is yet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Got to agree with gazi here. Things went terribly but to class him as ordinary is a long way off. At the top of his game he was unreal. The rot that is arsenal unfortunately got to him though 

Maybe I was being a little harsh but this started because I suggested Yusuf might be better suited in another league if he's of Ozil style. That was on the back of a poster saying Ozil was world class and Maddison will never get there. That I can agree with but it becomes almost irrelevant if Ozil wasn't that much better goals and assists wise than Maddison especially as Ozil brought very little else to team play, defensively an absolute abomination and didn't press from the front either.

Ozil did do well to start with, as I say I was probably being harsh but maybe it's more the dismissiveness from some of Maddison because April's output during his peak years is only marginally better and I think Maddison will keep improving.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, SO1 said:

No way. The bottom line for me is that he could never cope with the physical demands of the PL. My lasting memory of him is Henderson fighting and taking the ball off him midfield for one of the 4 goals in 20 mins match when Rodgers was at Liverpool. Ate him alive. No way is he coming here.

(i was joking) 

Should Brentford not get promoted, I think Toney would be perfect for us. Plays off the last defender and really composed in front of goal. However, they supposedly want £35m for him which I’m not sure we could afford, particularly if there’s a bidding war for him. 

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He's very much a different type of player to Iheanacho in all honesty. In terms of style he's more like a poorer version of Thierry Henry.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Maybe I was being a little harsh but this started because I suggested Yusuf might be better suited in another league if he's of Ozil style. That was on the back of a poster saying Ozil was world class and Maddison will never get there. That I can agree with but it becomes almost irrelevant if Ozil wasn't that much better goals and assists wise than Maddison especially as Ozil brought very little else to team play, defensively an absolute abomination and didn't press from the front either.

Ozil did do well to start with, as I say I was probably being harsh but maybe it's more the dismissiveness from some of Maddison because April's output during his peak years is only marginally better and I think Maddison will keep improving.

Ozil was also very inconsistent too, very much a luxury player who you need to carry at times in hope he has a moment of brilliance

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Should Brentford not get promoted, I think Toney would be perfect for us. Plays off the last defender and really composed in front of goal. However, they supposedly want £35m for him which I’m not sure we could afford, particularly if there’s a bidding war for him. 

Completely agree - I've only seen a few of Brentford's games but his movement and composure is excellent. I was also really impressed with his work rate, so I think he'd fit in here. As you rightly said, £35m is too high, but I think if they don't go up it puts us in a decent position to sign him. When you look through the clubs in the top 10 of the PL, we're realistically one of the only clubs who are happy to take a chance with a player from the Championship - given that Man City and United are likely to go for Haaland and the rest not really needing a new striker. I think Toney will be looking for the next step after the season he's had and I imagine Leicester would be the ideal destination to make the step up. 

If we can get him for £25m and Eduoard for £20m, having Vardy, Iheanacho, Toney and Eduoard as our options would be absolutely phenomenal imo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He's very much a different type of player to Iheanacho in all honesty. In terms of style he's more like a poorer version of Thierry Henry.

Have you revised your low opinion on Kelichi now? Seem to remember you saying he wouldn't cut it in the Scottish league. 

PS not a personal dig plenty of actually actual Leicester fans were just as harsh. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I'd go nowhere near Toney for that price, he's also 25 which is approaching his peak but not an age we'd spuff £35m on an unproven player. 

He's doing well in the championship, but we have no clue if he can step up, and we've seen numerous examples of it simply not being possible. £35mill is a huge gamble at that age too, little sell on value which is what we look for 

• Like 1

The perceived opinion that the pandemic would lead to lots of players being available on bosmans isn't quite playing out like that. Plenty of the sought after players whose contracts are expiring have either signed new deals or already sorted moves elsewhere. Doesn't look like we'll be getting any free transfers so we'll need to chuff up the monies.

39 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He's doing well in the championship, but we have no clue if he can step up, and we've seen numerous examples of it simply not being possible. £35mill is a huge gamble at that age too, little sell on value which is what we look for 

If he came and was successful , we would be looking to keep him. We have to get out of the mentality that we are a feeder cub for the so-called big boys.The club needs to generate money by other means.

Edited by An Sionnach

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd go nowhere near Toney for that price, he's also 25 which is approaching his peak but not an age we'd spuff £35m on an unproven player. 

Agreed! Hopefully we end up with Edouard, he'll only cost around 15-20million.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Shane said:

Agreed! Hopefully we end up with Edouard, he'll only cost around 15-20million.

I love an optimist , Celtic won't give Rodgers a bargain. At least 30 million I reckon about the same as Watkins to Villa.

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahaha they aren't getting £30m for a player who can walk away for free in a year. They'd not have got £30m even if he had 5 years left on his deal. He'll leave for £15m

We shall see (if it happens) but they know we can't wait a year. I think I am nearer the mark. We were not prepared to pay 30 million for Watkins and that is looking like a mistake.

43 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I love an optimist , Celtic won't give Rodgers a bargain. At least 30 million I reckon about the same as Watkins to Villa.

I think there’s already been a lot of talk that he’ll be available for a lesser fee ( 20m) because he’ll only have 1 year on his contract left.

But you’re right, it’ll have nothing to do with Rodgers..

2 hours ago, NasPb said:

(i was joking) 

I know. Sorry to be so abrupt:) That's what happens when you trigger an old man's memory. Ozil getting his ass kicked was like playing tenacious d as a point guard in basketball. All about in your face and forcing turnovers. 

Makes me wonder how clubs from the rest of Europe would fare in the PL and it's physical demands. Looked a much different player at RM in a different league.

34 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We shall see (if it happens) but they know we can't wait a year. I think I am nearer the mark. We were not prepared to pay 30 million for Watkins and that is looking like a mistake.

As @Muzzy_Larsson repeatedly has said, Celtic aren't money grabbers and they will do business with Leicester as they aren't bitter about us getting Rodgers as we paid up the compensation without any fuss. Celtic will sell Edouard for the highest price but we won't be bidding double what others are going to pay. The max they might get is £15m up front with some add ons to take it to £20m and that seems to be the word in Glasgow too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

If he came and was successful , we would be looking to keep him. We have to get out of the mentality that we are a feeder cub for the so-called big boys.The club needs to generate money by other means.

How do you suggest we generate enough money to mean we don't have to rely on player sales?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

...wash your mouth out!!!

• Sad 1