Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

17 hours ago, enmac said:

How about Raphina? Right winger but can play on the left also. I know it means nothing, but 22.5 M on Transfermarkt. Would definitely be cheaper than Hazard. 

Why would he want to suddenly up sticks and come to Leicester, why would Leeds sell him?

Raphinha and Neto are at stage too late for us to buy, as soon as a player performs well in the prem whilst young they’re almost worth £40m straight away. Similar for us when we sell a player to the “bigger” clubs.

someone like Matheus Pereira could be different if West Brom are relegated and may have included some sort of clause but that’s just reasonable guess work.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Stocking up on all the youth keepers!

So so strange, why not try and sign a few attackers and wingers? We have 1 U18 striker and 1 winger and then in the U23's we've 2 strikers and 1 winger. It's baffling.

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So so strange, why not try and sign a few attackers and wingers? We have 1 U18 striker and 1 winger and then in the U23's we've 2 strikers and 1 winger. It's baffling.

.. I wonder if there is something down the line regarding keepers!!!

We do keep on getting them in and this only makes us look foolish as the keepers we are bringing in are of a poor quality.

There must be something we are all missing...there has to be!!!

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

We do keep on getting them in and this only makes us look foolish as the keepers we are bringing in are of a poor quality.

The thing is we've an array of youth and full international keepers we've signed for our academy in Iversen, Stolarczyk and Odunze. Then we had Academy player of the year Oliver Bosworth who was very highly rated and had been in England youth squads. We've then signed the lad from Chelsea this season too and there's a couple more than get games for the U18's and U23's. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, enmac said:

How about Raphina? Right winger but can play on the left also. I know it means nothing, but 22.5 M on Transfermarkt. Would definitely be cheaper than Hazard. 

In the real world he'll cost at least double that given what he cost in the summer and the season he's had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Oh yes we certainly are the laughing stock of the premier league :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Stocking up on all the youth keepers!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14613976/leicester-hartlepool-brad-young-transfer-goalkeeper/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballtwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1618141975

Leicester snapping up Hartlepool wonderkid Brad Young in bargain transfer with 18-year-old keeper star of future

HARTLEPOOL goalkeeper Brad Young could be on his way to Leicester in a bargain deal.

Young, 18, has been to the Foxes for training and talks — and his dream move may be sorted out this week.

The 6ft 4in Pools wonderkid almost joined Chelsea last season.

He has been with England’s youth set-up while spending time on loan at Blyth Spartans.

But SunSport understands a deal with the Foxes is close.

Sunderland-born Young came through the youth academy at National League-leaders Hartlepool to earn his pro contract at Victoria Park.

He would likely link up with Steve Beaglehole's Under-23s set-up at Leicester.

And should Brendan Rodgers' side secure Champions League football next season, Young may even get a chance in the U19s Uefa Youth League.

Kasper Schmeichel is the undisputed No1 at the King Power with Wales international Danny Ward his understudy.

Veteran ex-Hull man Eldin Jakupovic is the third-choice but has not made a senior appearance for the club since May 2018.

Polish Jakub Stolarczyk sometimes joins Schmeichel and Ward on matchdays as part of the warm-up.

However, 6ft 7ins American youth international Chituru Odunze, 18, was involved prior to the 2-0 defeat to Manchester City last week.

Finally, Daniel Iversen is being eyed as the natural successor to his Danish compatriot Schmeichel.

Joining the club in 2016, the 23-year-old is yet to play a first-team match for the East Midlanders but is earning his stripes with 110 senior appearances across four loan spells, currently with Preston North End in the Championship.

• Like 1

I was never a big fan of our Jeffrey, but I wouldn’t be surprised or disappointed if we signed Schlupp on a free this summer. Brendan likes players who can play in more than one position & Schlupp can cover both LW & LWB, even LB at a pinch. It’s one way of bringing in cover for Barnes without spending much?

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The thing is we've an array of youth and full international keepers we've signed for our academy in Iversen, Stolarczyk and Odunze. Then we had Academy player of the year Oliver Bosworth who was very highly rated and had been in England youth squads. We've then signed the lad from Chelsea this season too and there's a couple more than get games for the U18's and U23's. 

perhaps they want to get Iversen, Stolarczyk and Odunze loaned out, Iversen could even being readied for the first team squad if Jakupovic moves on, plus its decision time on Ward soon over a new contract

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

perhaps they want to get Iversen, Stolarczyk and Odunze loaned out, Iversen could even being readied for the first team squad if Jakupovic moves on, plus its decision time on Ward soon over a new contract

We don't seem to be as aggressive at bringing in attackers and wingers in to the academy given we have many issues in the first team in this area and has been a weakness for a few seasons now. Just find it odd we collect keepers like my Nan used to with farm foods coupons.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Lookman would be a yes from me but he tends to play wide left does he not?

Yep, mainly a left winger with some games as a number 10 and a few at striker

If we could get him for a decent fee he would be a good player to have as cover for Barnes that could also fill in at number 10 and possibly striker

However he still has 3 years left on his deal and Leipzig paid £20m for him, so they would probably want a good chunk of that back, but they are willing to sell him

image.png.80265b58c9f139496282943b97402b15.png

Edited by moore_94

It might not be a likable choice with some but I would see if we could tempt Dele Ali. He is another mis managed player and could easily be another Lingard. 

People will say about his attitude etc etc. But these will be the same people saying exactly the same about Lingard. Under the right manager he could get back on track and be one of the best AM's in the league. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

It might not be a likable choice with some but I would see if we could tempt Dele Ali. He is another mis managed player and could easily be another Lingard. 

People will say about his attitude etc etc. But these will be the same people saying exactly the same about Lingard. Under the right manager he could get back on track and be one of the best AM's in the league. 

It would be a very expensive gamble though with him.

I can see him ending up at PSG come the summer with Poch.