Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

How do you suggest we generate enough money to mean we don't have to rely on player sales?

A 40,000 seat stadium to start with and push the promotion of the club to places like Indonesia and the Philippines.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The perceived opinion that the pandemic would lead to lots of players being available on bosmans isn't quite playing out like that. Plenty of the sought after players whose contracts are expiring have either signed new deals or already sorted moves elsewhere. Doesn't look like we'll be getting any free transfers so we'll need to chuff up the monies.

There will be plenty of deals, lot of club are not in the best shape financial, PL clubs are not immune to it , but the massive TV deal helps.

Lots of quality players still available.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I love an optimist , Celtic won't give Rodgers a bargain. At least 30 million I reckon about the same as Watkins to Villa.

Eduoard isn't going for anywhere near £30m. Fact. Itll be something like £15m with 5 in add ons. Selling players is how Celtic run as a club, there won't be any hesitation to deal with Rodgers. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Eduoard isn't going for anywhere near £30m. Fact. Itll be something like £15m with 5 in add ons. Selling players is how Celtic run as a club, there won't be any hesitation to deal with Rodgers. 

Whatever we pay for him , I think he is the one for us . He is big and aggressive , we have plenty of skill but that we don't have. We should get in there now before we get gazumped.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HeskeyForever said:

Completely agree - I've only seen a few of Brentford's games but his movement and composure is excellent. I was also really impressed with his work rate, so I think he'd fit in here. As you rightly said, £35m is too high, but I think if they don't go up it puts us in a decent position to sign him. When you look through the clubs in the top 10 of the PL, we're realistically one of the only clubs who are happy to take a chance with a player from the Championship - given that Man City and United are likely to go for Haaland and the rest not really needing a new striker. I think Toney will be looking for the next step after the season he's had and I imagine Leicester would be the ideal destination to make the step up. 

If we can get him for £25m and Eduoard for £20m, having Vardy, Iheanacho, Toney and Eduoard as our options would be absolutely phenomenal imo. 

Don't get your hopes up about us signing two strikers this summer.

We'll probably be looking for a winger and a midfielder, and maybe even another defender, as well as a striker, so I can't imagine we'd be spending big on an extra striker.

5 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Have you revised your low opinion on Kelichi now? Seem to remember you saying he wouldn't cut it in the Scottish league. 

PS not a personal dig plenty of actually actual Leicester fans were just as harsh. 

You've obviously not been reading the Kelechi Iheancho thread lol 

But yes, I have eaten a whole cake's worth of humble pie lol 

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

As @Muzzy_Larsson repeatedly has said, Celtic aren't money grabbers and they will do business with Leicester as they aren't bitter about us getting Rodgers as we paid up the compensation without any fuss. Celtic will sell Edouard for the highest price but we won't be bidding double what others are going to pay. The max they might get is £15m up front with some add ons to take it to £20m and that seems to be the word in Glasgow too.

If we got £15m plus add-ons for him I'd be delighted in all honesty. 

If we can get around £15-20m for Ajer and Christie also, added to the £5m we got for Klimala today i'll give us a decent kitty to rebuild.

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

If he came and was successful , we would be looking to keep him. We have to get out of the mentality that we are a feeder cub for the so-called big boys.The club needs to generate money by other means.

I think he means more that he's 25 already so whether he's a success or a disaster there won't be much scope to get back what is paid for him.

Got to remember this is a guy that was available for £7m 9 months ago. There's better value to be had out there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I love an optimist , Celtic won't give Rodgers a bargain. At least 30 million I reckon about the same as Watkins to Villa.

Your off your head if you think this, Celtic will do well to get half this price up front.

As I've said tons of times on here also this Celtic Leicester animosity is an absolute fallacy for countless reasons I've listed before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Whatever we pay for him , I think he is the one for us . He is big and aggressive , we have plenty of skill but that we don't have. We should get in there now before we get gazumped.

Sorry to be a pedant but big and aggressive is one of the last ways I'd describe Edouard. He's not really an aggressive player at all.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

My worry is that all our eggs are in Edouard’s basket and arsenal are going to poach him first 

If Arsenal arse about the same way they did with Tierney trying to pay for him in dribs and drabs then Leicester or someone else will nick Edouard before them.

1 hour ago, LVocey said:

Edouard would be great value for money for 15-20 million (and I agree that's the fee we would be looking at).

I'd love for us to be in for Tammy Abraham though.

A box-to-box midfielder would be nice too.

Chelsea will be asking top dollar for Tammy I think. He obviously doesn't fit into Tuchel's plans though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

If we got £15m plus add-ons for him I'd be delighted in all honesty. 

If we can get around £15-20m for Ajer and Christie also, added to the £5m we got for Klimala today i'll give us a decent kitty to rebuild.

What's the word up there about these new transfer rules? Celtic have done very well over the years buying young foreign players from Scandinavian leagues and other leagues of equal stature but that might not happen now as there'd be work permit issues.

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Sorry to be a pedant but big and aggressive is one of the last ways I'd describe Edouard. He's not really an aggressive player at all.

6-2 and 185 lbs is pretty big , for us anyway. As for aggression , word is he likes to put it about a bit.

15 hours ago, Gazi Giray said:

Okay so be it..  but is this the player you are sayin who was distinctly ordinary in his time in England ? Oh my gosh you are absoluletely right. How was a terrible horrable ordinary player .

Genuinely world class. And he knows how to take corners! 

30 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

6-2 and 185 lbs is pretty big , for us anyway. As for aggression , word is he likes to put it about a bit.

He doesn't like to put it about a bit at all, he's the opposite type of striker to that.

Dembele was that type of striker, Edouard is far removed from that.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What's the word up there about these new transfer rules? Celtic have done very well over the years buying young foreign players from Scandinavian leagues and other leagues of equal stature but that might not happen now as there'd be work permit issues.

I'm really not sure at all mate but like you allude to I think there'll be more of an onus on us now to try and develop a couple of more Tierney and McGregor's if we're going to get anywhere.

• Like 1