Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

21 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Didn't Thorgan turn up to watch a Leuven game a year or so back? I remember everyone getting very excited then 😁

Yes - And a famous FT personality then began to stalk some random Belgium girl in the OHL stands on the said player.............

29 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The really great players have few long term injuries. Look at the number of games Messi and Ronaldo have played. Eden Hazard is exceptionally skilled but lacks physicality. He seems to have been found out in Spain. Anyway I don't see Thorgan as an improvement on Maddison. He is of course four or five years older.

Brazilian Ronaldo? Crippled by knee issues, but one of the best. 

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Christiano of course ,700 or so games and counting.

Yes I know, however you said the very best players don't get many injuries. Brazilian Ronaldo had some horrific knee injuries, yet still one of the greatest ever strikers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Yes I know, however you said the very best players don't get many injuries. Brazilian Ronaldo had some horrific knee injuries, yet still one of the greatest ever strikers. 

He was indeed formidable when fully fit but Romario was even more so and he stayed fit till he was 40. Look at Gerrard, Rooney and Terry part of their greatness was their durability.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

He was indeed formidable when fully fit but Romario was even more so and he stayed fit till he was 40. Look at Gerrard, Rooney and Terry part of their greatness was their durability.

From my generation and my brothers at least, Ronaldo is the bigger name. All through growing up it was Ronaldo as the best striker the world had seen. 

Hazard will still go down as one of the world's best, he's been unlucky in Madrid with ankle injuries. But won't ruin his absolute dominance as a Chelsea player. 

45 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The really great players have few long term injuries. Look at the number of games Messi and Ronaldo have played. Eden Hazard is exceptionally skilled but lacks physicality. He seems to have been found out in Spain. Anyway I don't see Thorgan as an improvement on Maddison. He is of course four or five years older.

It probably helps to be considered a great if you happen to avoid injuries. An attacking player who does well in the Premier league doesn't get 'found out' in Spain.

10 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Hazard brothers , three goals between them so far this season. You know I remember when the media were calling Eden one of the best players in the world. Mind you he did seal the Premiership for us.

Tbf Eden Hazard has been injured a lot this season, the man is still world class

9 hours ago, Foxes04 said:

question: why would you post on a football forum when you clearly don’t understand the game?

Works for most of us!  You ever been in the match threads?

Edited by ARM1968
  • Haha 2

Without losing a player, I just don't see were Thorgan Hazard fits in. 

It would mean playing him or Barnes on the right, reducing their effectiveness. Unless we plan to spend an obscene amount this year and add a strong first choice RWer as well (which we all know isn't happening in today's economic landscape) it would just be a waste of money. 

At best we will sign a good, exciting right winger and use Sowah as back up for Barnes which I am more than happy with. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, enmac said:

How about Raphina? Right winger but can play on the left also. I know it means nothing, but 22.5 M on Transfermarkt. Would definitely be cheaper than Hazard. 

Isn't Transfermarkt always underpricing players?

18 minutes ago, enmac said:

How about Raphina? Right winger but can play on the left also. I know it means nothing, but 22.5 M on Transfermarkt. Would definitely be cheaper than Hazard. 

Would absolutely love him here - his pace and energy would really fit our style and I think he contributes a lot more than his stats might suggest plus he's only 24. Sadly, I do think he will have attracted enough interest from Europe's giants, alongside the fact that Leeds are in no rush to sell. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

And to some extent, Marco van Basten before him. Made of glass but one of the true greats of the game.

6 hours ago, enmac said:

There’s zero chance he’d be cheaper than Hazard... they paid 17m for him and I’d be amazed if they weren’t after 3/4x that amount

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Didn't Thorgan turn up to watch a Leuven game a year or so back? I remember everyone getting very excited then 😁

I have it on good authority he did speak with the club at that time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Someone like Raphinha or Neto would be ideal, but there's no chance we stump the money they'd want for them. Wouldn't blame them in the slightest for sticking huge price tags on them either, we know that game too well

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Goober said:

Someone like Raphinha or Neto would be ideal, but there's no chance we stump the money they'd want for them. Wouldn't blame them in the slightest for sticking huge price tags on them either, we know that game too well

I’d say Neto was the more realistic target of the 2 but only due to reports he could be available this summer... sure I read around 40m which for me would still be a decent deal

11 hours ago, enmac said:

Transfermarkt also lists the date he signed along with the fee Leeds paid for him. There’s no way that’s happening. 

6 hours ago, matty98 said:

Andrew Omobamidele looks a great prospect at Norwich. Only 18 years old but looks a very good CB. Big, strong, fast and seems a very decent passer.

Doubtful they'll be selling when they are set to return to the PL