Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

11 hours ago, enmac said:

What about Okay Yokuslu playing at WBA on loan from Celta Viga? Haven't seen much of him but one of their fans says he's been excellent. CM/CDM but can also play at CB. 6'3". 4.5 M on Transfermarkt, 2 years left on contract. 

He’s looked superb every time I’ve seen him play for WBA

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I know this is a Celtic-focused website, but if the quotes from the Hibs owner and Doig himself are to be believed, it had some really powerful implications for us.

Doig is linked with Celtic, Leeds, Man City and Arsenal, but it is the link with us that has the player and the Hibs chief 'excited'. Doig goes on to explain:

"The first I seen of it was when my dad showed me on Twitter. It is still madness to myself, but I can’t focus on that too much.

"But it is exciting and it is a confidence boost for myself when big clubs like that seem to be interested."

Now, this guy is only a prospect at the moment, but the reason I find this so exhilarating is that he would've only just turned 12 when we were promoted to the Premier League. Much of what we've achieved is during his formative years as a footballer when he would've really started to knuckle down and focus on his education as a player. Basically, he's grown up with us as a PL club aiming to upset the applecart, and plying our trade with a 'big club mentality' (winning the league, playing Champions League football, sacking Ranieri, hiring Rodgers, spending vadt sums on highly rated players).

To me, this is proof that the longer we keep doing what we're doing, the closer we are to being considered a 'big club' and a potential destination for players looking to win things and achieve something in the game (or be a stepping stone towards only the highest echelon of clubs, rather than Bolton or Stoke).

Players coming through now will see us as a club to aspire to play for. And that's got me really excited.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

More of a reason for us to have a huge overhaul of our academy too, been the biggest club in the Midlands for several years now and I want an academy that any young player from a 50 mile radius wants in.

Absolutely. If ever there was a time to put intense focus on the academy, it is now. Guys like this and Neilsen at Dundee Utd, along with other exciting young talents from around the world being brought in as a group and blended can only be good for the long term goal even if it costs us a fair fee in the short term. 

It also means that if there ever is an injury crisis going forward, we have a pool of youngsters who have played first team football (albeit at a lesser level) that we can dip into. 

I would extend that to coaches too. I would like to see us go get promising young coaches who have maybe just retired from playing, with fresh ideas and an understanding of the modern game to be integrated into our programme at various levels.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FoxOnWheels said:

YT is a class player of course but if we did sell this summer the money we’d get we should be able to replace we’re talking Atleast 80m for him surely

I wouldn't expect many big money transfers this summer. Covid has deflated the market. Most clubs are skint, even ManC can't afford a new striker. 

12 hours ago, enmac said:

What about Okay Yokuslu playing at WBA on loan from Celta Viga? Haven't seen much of him but one of their fans says he's been excellent. CM/CDM but can also play at CB. 6'3". 4.5 M on Transfermarkt, 2 years left on contract. 

There's really no point in referencing the valuations of transfermrkt, they are way off anything that could be considered realistic.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I know this is a Celtic-focused website, but if the quotes from the Hibs owner and Doig himself are to be believed, it had some really powerful implications for us.

Doig is linked with Celtic, Leeds, Man City and Arsenal, but it is the link with us that has the player and the Hibs chief 'excited'. Doig goes on to explain:

"The first I seen of it was when my dad showed me on Twitter. It is still madness to myself, but I can’t focus on that too much.

"But it is exciting and it is a confidence boost for myself when big clubs like that seem to be interested."

Now, this guy is only a prospect at the moment, but the reason I find this so exhilarating is that he would've only just turned 12 when we were promoted to the Premier League. Much of what we've achieved is during his formative years as a footballer when he would've really started to knuckle down and focus on his education as a player. Basically, he's grown up with us as a PL club aiming to upset the applecart, and plying our trade with a 'big club mentality' (winning the league, playing Champions League football, sacking Ranieri, hiring Rodgers, spending vadt sums on highly rated players).

To me, this is proof that the longer we keep doing what we're doing, the closer we are to being considered a 'big club' and a potential destination for players looking to win things and achieve something in the game (or be a stepping stone towards only the highest echelon of clubs, rather than Bolton or Stoke).

Players coming through now will see us as a club to aspire to play for. And that's got me really excited.

Agree with your point but as an aside with Doig, I wouldn't see the logic in Leicester signing him. He looks a decent enough player but from what I've seen of both Thomas is a far better player.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

There's really no point in referencing the valuations of transfermrkt, they are way off anything that could be considered realistic.

Agreed I’m sure they had Fofana valued around 4m before we spunked 30m on him... they now have him valued at 27m... safe to say  if a club comes in with a 27m bid for him they’ll get laughed out the office lol 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I agree that they're very rough guides. This is particularly so when they value high profile players. Seem to be more accurate with the lesser known players. I'd put Okay into that group. However 4.5 M seems very cheap. Maybe we could get him for 10M?

7 minutes ago, enmac said:

I agree that they're very rough guides. This is particularly so when they value high profile players. Seem to be more accurate with the lesser known players. I'd put Okay into that group. However 4.5 M seems very cheap. Maybe we could get him for 10M?

All the values are way off.

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....don't be surprised if he sees this club as a perfect fit for himself!!!

I think he probably does and he's seemingly very happy here but ... I also think he's understandably a hugely ambitious lad and possibly won't have taken kindly to certain team-mates who clearly don't share the same ambitions or dedication to the cause. I think he wants to be a Belgian great and win trophies and if he feels there's little chance of achieving that here because of small time thinkers he'll be off. Arguably there was more professionalism and desire in 2015/16 with lesser quality players. If I was an older player now and trying to achieve a last swan song in the Champions League like Vardy, Albrighton and Schmeichel, I be wanting to bounce Maddison and Perez off the walls. They need to be bullied extensively and left bruised in a see through Louis Vuitton girlie bag 😁🤣

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

*Quickly googles Rachid Ghezzal a thousand times*

There's some guy who has rung several shows about some striker who plays for some non league team no one has heard of. Described as "clinical." Honeywell fc? 

Maybe this is his idea. I googled him and I bet 100s of others foolishly did the same thing.