Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

some chat that Edouard is now looking at west ham ahead of us.  pretty sure thats just talking the fee and package up. however, west ham could call him their no 1 striker and allow Antonio to rest plenty (assuming they get Europa league).  he will not see that he starts most games here and he could end up third place if vards recovers his form and kel remains at his current level. 

Depends on if he wants champions league or Europa League.

Even with Wes, Fuchs and probably Benkovic leaving at the end of this season I don't see us going for another CB, unless they're young and from a lower league. With our established 3, we have Amartey who's shown he's decent enough as a back up and although it's not ideal, Wilf filling in if we absolutely must works too. I reckon Brendan's made it fairly clear that a striker, a winger and a CM much further on in our list of priorities. 

15 minutes ago, enmac said:

Maddison is a top Premier league player who'd get in most teams but I can't see him ever playing for Real Madrid, which is my very crude definition of world class. Barcelona also fits. 

All pretty irrelevant if you ain't suited to the PL though is it not? Maddison will never play for Real or Barca but my argument was that if Yazici is the spit of Ozil then he's better served giving the PL a miss because he would possibly struggle. 

12 minutes ago, HeskeyForever said:

Even with Wes, Fuchs and probably Benkovic leaving at the end of this season I don't see us going for another CB, unless they're young and from a lower league. With our established 3, we have Amartey who's shown he's decent enough as a back up and although it's not ideal, Wilf filling in if we absolutely must works too. I reckon Brendan's made it fairly clear that a striker, a winger and a CM much further on in our list of priorities. 

We actually have a young CB playing in a lower league- Josh Knight.

8 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Ainsworth has played him a lot in central midfield

Given he has played for a struggling team with many substandard players he has done OK. It will certainly have toughened him up. Benko's loan has been a waste of time and done nothing for his career but Josh should be worth hanging on to.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

All pretty irrelevant if you ain't suited to the PL though is it not? Maddison will never play for Real or Barca but my argument was that if Yazici is the spit of Ozil then he's better served giving the PL a miss because he would possibly struggle. 

Don't know much about Yazici. Doubt very much that he's anywhere his level. 

29 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Given he has played for a struggling team with many substandard players he has done OK. It will certainly have toughened him up. Benko's loan has been a waste of time and done nothing for his career but Josh should be worth hanging on to.

Do you watch him play very often? I can't say I know much about him. 

What are his strengths? Can he play in a back 4? Is he decent in the air? 

Thanks in advance for your input.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Do you watch him play very often? I can't say I know much about him. 

What are his strengths? Can he play in a back 4? Is he decent in the air? 

Thanks in advance for your input.

Mostly seen him with Peterborough, very mature for his age, excellent in the air and no doubt his positional play is improving all the time with Wycombe given the pressure they are constantly under.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, enmac said:

But who was playing up front for Arsenal when Ozil was at his peak? Can't remember, but no one with Vardy's pace,surely. I think he would have been ideal for Vardy. Probably why Wenger wanted to sign him. My point is that his assists would have been far higher playing behind Vards IMO. 

...Rooney implored Ferguson to buy him!!!

He was in an Arsenal team which lacked a backbone, they drifted apart and Ozils politics was not endearing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gazi Giray said:

Do you think Yusuf and Ozil are twin brothers ?  Same character same physical stereot types ? 

No, but I've got in to a debate with someone about Mesut Ozil who was distinctly ordinary in his time in England and as he has similar playing style to Yusuf I was pointing out that he'd be better served in Italy or Spain. 

Ozan Tufan is welcome here though, love him.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

No, but I've got in to a debate with someone about Mesut Ozil who was distinctly ordinary in his time in England and as he has similar playing style to Yusuf I was pointing out that he'd be better served in Italy or Spain. 

Okay so be it..  but is this the player you are sayin who was distinctly ordinary in his time in England ? Oh my gosh you are absoluletely right. How was a terrible horrable ordinary player .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

4 minutes ago, Gazi Giray said:

Okay so be it..  but is this the player you are sayin who was distinctly ordinary in his time in England ? Oh my gosh you are absoluletely right. How was a terrible horrable ordinary player .

Got to agree with gazi here. Things went terribly but to class him as ordinary is a long way off. At the top of his game he was unreal. The rot that is arsenal unfortunately got to him though 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NasPb said:

Scenes when we're linked with ozil :ph34r:

No way. The bottom line for me is that he could never cope with the physical demands of the PL. My lasting memory of him is Henderson fighting and taking the ball off him midfield for one of the 4 goals in 20 mins match when Rodgers was at Liverpool. Ate him alive. No way is he coming here.

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Got to agree with gazi here. Things went terribly but to class him as ordinary is a long way off. At the top of his game he was unreal. The rot that is arsenal unfortunately got to him though 

Agreed, utterly preposterous.  For a 3-4 year period he was probably the best pure playmaker in the league.

• Like 3